The annual format-a-thon

So I’m on my fourth windows format this Christmas holiday season!

I’ve had to stop answering my phone.

Is it just me, or do all computers just screw up over Christmas?

Maybe it’s because people get new stuff for Christmas, or want to install new software, send christmas cards, or whatever. But man, I seriously can’t answer my phone anymore.

Are you getting paid? because I am not and it sucks I am working on my 3rd machine the last one (my dads) required alot of customization (disallowing IE installing firefox/thunderbird disabling outlook/outlook express, custom logons so spyware cant be installed without logging in etc)

Oh and of course installing his drivers for his new digital camera. Then of course there was my server which i didnt mind doing it was time for an upgrade and now it impresses me with a 99.8% idle instead of 99.6 The one im working on now is my brothers… I have been in town 2 days.

Im going to my grandparents in the charlottes for christmas and guess what im doing there. :unamused:

I dont mind doing it but Im on my christmas break which is more work than school was.

Hey MiG, I was wondering my computer’s been giving me shit since I installed kazaa?

Speaking of formatting, does anyone remember the computer showcase they had at CHSS 4 or 5 years ago (I’m guessing the date, could have been longer ago)? All I remember was that different people from the community had computers set up on tables in the multipurpose room. Many had different OS’s such as BeOS, Linux and the like. But I don’t remember anything else about the event. Does anyone else remember this?

Funny guy!

Yeah, um I think it was Smartlink '99!

I guess I missed the “why” in that sentence. Right before “my.”

It’s not always about you!

Yes it is.

Well, except for tomorrow. When I go into Lethbridge, I’m actually going to buy some Christmas gifts for people. Just his once.

Also, if you e-mail me, I can set you up with a gallery for your images and stuff. Sorta like troy.menino.com

Okay, so that’s one less box I’ll have to shake.

Actually, yours (and your sisters’) sites are set up, just need to give me passwords and you start uploading.

Also, just when I thought that I was out – they pull me back in…

Speaking of interesting quotes…

I read two thirds of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy today. Funny, good, interestingly weird stuff.

I myself stick to Uncle Jhon’s All Purpose Extra Strength Bathroom Reader

Hah, those are soo dumb. They had the boxed set for sale through the book club thing at work, a good deal it was.

Arthur: You know, it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.
Ford: Why, what did she tell you?
Arthur: I don’t know, I didn’t listen

That book was brilliant. Doug Adams > William James Sidis

[quote]One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It’s a nice day, or You’re very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?
[/quote]

Mig you should email me… yuo should try out bart. it works WICKED…

jleaman at curtek dot com.