Terrace, Kitimat, and Prince Rupert

I’m tired of the rain. Can anyone compare Terrace, Kitimat, and Prince Rupert?

City, job opportunities (all kinds), housing, people, etc.?

I’m tired of the rain… wanted to move. Can anyone compare Terrace, Kitimat, and Prince Rupert?

City, job opportunities (all kinds), housing, people, etc.?

[quote=“search”]I’m tired of the rain… wanted to move. Can anyone compare Terrace, Kitimat, and Prince Rupert?

City, job opportunities (all kinds), housing, people, etc.?[/quote]

LOL, well if you’re tired of the rain you perhaps should be comparing a little further inland and to the south, though of the three local towns mentioned I imagine Terrace has the best weather of the bunch, and it would seem that they have better job opportunities than what Prince Rupert offers, but then they have that thing called winter…

Terrace hasn’t had much of a summer this year…actually the highway 16 stretch all the way to PG has had a pretty piss poor summer. One can only hope that September will bring some sun.

any one knows about Kitimat? It seems there are many construction jobs there

If you’re only moving because of the weather, keep going, further south…

Or, alternately. You could buy one of those artificial sun light thingeys…

Kitimat is a hole where it snows a lot… The down town area makes Rupert look really good…
It seems to be a very clicky town …

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]If you’re only moving because of the weather, keep going, further south…

Or, alternately. You could buy one of those artificial sun light thingeys…[/quote]

Can;t afford the housing in the south. Have to look at the north

winter is here again

Judging by what we laughingly call summer around here this year, it would seem that winter never really left!

Have you look beyond Terrace, Kitimat, and Rupert? BC Peace and the Northern Rockies region has oil and gas related opportunities if you’re interested.

You live in one of the most consistantly wet places in North America. Pacific storms have been rolling into this coastline since prehistoric times. Look at this sat image. Notice how eroded the land is. More than anywhere else.

ssec.wisc.edu/data/geo/index … thod=flash

The only solution is to move or hope for a global upheaval of biblical proportions.

x

[quote=“DHCollins”]The only solution is to move or hope for a global upheaval of biblical proportions.
[/quote]

Pffffffft.

I travel to Kitimat quite a bit and things are really heating up there. The aluminum smelter is modernizing and they are expecting up to 1500 jobs there for the construction of the new facility for the next two or three years. Ground has also broken for the new LNG plant which will offer additional constrcution jobs for a while as well. The town is pretty active right now. I’ve added the following links which shows some of the jobs available.

hgcareers.com/en/js/search.p … ton=Submit

jobbank.gc.ca/res-eng.aspx?C … 0&Stdnt=No

Went to the mall in Terrace earlier this week. Or should I say mausoleum?
Even Liquidation World has liquidated itself.

That’s what happens when Wally-World moves into small towns.

So what’s Rupert’s excuse then? The Wally World tide has been held off for decades and yet…

So you’re saying you’ve never been to Terrace? Many Rupertities go there for Wally-World and Canadian Tire regularly.

Funny. Wal-Mart (I prefer to call it Wal-Fart) and Canadian Tire in the shopping village at Slave Lake didn’t have as much shoppers as the same retail outlets in Terrace has, yet at the same time there’s rush hour traffic in the downtown area everyday during working hours.

Why?

Even more interesting. Red Deer’s downtown area didn’t look much compared to the massive shopping village at the south end, yet the downtowns of nearby Innisfail, Sylvan Lake, and Lacombe looked a lot better than Terrace in comparison.

Why?

I don’t think WalNutz affects mall shops much, I think Zellers took 90% of the hit elsewhere.
As our grandkid informed us, he wasn’t wearing WalMart brands back to school. They just aren’t cool.

BTW my woman shall now be referred to as “Olivia” not Cathy. After Fringe. She has the ability to walk into any retail store, no matter how small and transport herself to another dimension. You can hunt the aisles for hours and find no trace of her, then when you give up and stand by the door, POOF! There she is with a full cart, subtly hinting for me to fish out the wallet.
Small children don’t seem to have the perceptual tunnel vision of adults. I ask the 3 yr old granddaughter, "Izzy. Where’s Nana?"
She points “Nana’s right dare!” and POOF there she is. Even if I was already staring at that particular sales rack, I swear she wasn’t there in front of it 3 seconds before.