Terrace, Kitimat, and Prince Rupert

Will look into those places.

As for prices, many items at Zellers here are as good as walmart, but just not so many selections.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

I travel to Kitimat quite a bit and things are really heating up there. The aluminum smelter is modernizing and they are expecting up to 1500 jobs there for the construction of the new facility for the next two or three years. Ground has also broken for the new LNG plant which will offer additional constrcution jobs for a while as well. The town is pretty active right now. I’ve added the following links which shows some of the jobs available.

hgcareers.com/en/js/search.p … ton=Submit

jobbank.gc.ca/res-eng.aspx?C … 0&Stdnt=No[/quote]

Looks like Smithers is hiring a lot of people too

my new job (which im still not sure is a good fit for me) has afforded me the opportunity to live wherever I want and thus far terrace appears to be the best option. good fishing/outdoors activities, good weather (except this summer), affordable property/housing and most importantly free babysitters

if your choices are between those three places terrace is where its at. kitimat sucks, ruperts wet and smithers is a hick town.

[quote=“jesus”]my new job (which im still not sure is a good fit for me) has afforded me the opportunity to live wherever I want and thus far terrace appears to be the best option. good fishing/outdoors activities, good weather (except this summer), affordable property/housing and most importantly free babysitters

if your choices are between those three places terrace is where its at. kitimat sucks, ruperts wet and smithers is a hick town.[/quote]

Terrace is a nice place but they have evolved from an industry based town to a service based town which generally pays less than industry jobs. The better paying jobs are in Smithers and Kitimat for the most part. Smithers does get a bit of a bad rap about being a hick town. There is that element there that would encourage some to get that perception but it is a very clean, well maintained town with some great people and qualities. It attracts many outdoor enthusiasts for skiing, hiking, fishing, etc that are generally quality people. Mining and exploration has also started to flourish which has helped the local economy and provided some jobs.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

Terrace is a nice place but they have evolved from an industry based town to a service based town which generally pays less than industry jobs. The better paying jobs are in Smithers and Kitimat for the most part. Smithers does get a bit of a bad rap about being a hick town. There is that element there that would encourage some to get that perception but it is a very clean, well maintained town with some great people and qualities. It attracts many outdoor enthusiasts for skiing, hiking, fishing, etc that are generally quality people. Mining and exploration has also started to flourish which has helped the local economy and provided some jobs.[/quote]

You are right! Terrace is hiring more cashier and waiters etc. Other towns are hiring more construction jobs and technical jobs.