Terrace better than rupert?

I am thinking of moving to terrace this summer, after 27 years in this dead end rain hole.

Terrace is way better? shopping, snow, need i say more.

House are way cheaper there also, way more out door activities fishing biking boating ect.

Only bad thing is sasquatch has been reported around the skeena river!

Did i mention pizza hut, or boston pizza?

Birch firewood also.

Well if that’s the extent  to your ambition, well good luck to you…

If Canadian Tire and Wal Mart are about all it takes to make you happy, make sure you have the snow tires on before you leave town, the roads there may be worse than they were here the last week or so.

I’m not exactly on the booster club here, but somehow I think that if you’re looking for a better place to settle down, you’ll need to travel more than to Terrace. 

Not really sure about Terrace being better because I never actually experienced living there.

But yeah, I share your disappointment and discontent about our town. I too thinking of not returning to Prince Rupert after I finish my education and starting a career.

Anyway, all the best wishes to you minesmoria.  :smile: :cry:

Good …go…
I have lived in terrace twice as a matter of fact lived there back in the 60’s, that don’t count cause I was a bit young what I remember back then was 14 feet of snow every winter…lol…don’t get snow like that anymore. I also returned to Terrace back in the 80’s lived there for a year when I was logging. Terrace is a very segregated town. Sure you have more roads that leave out of terrace and a few more shopping places. And a hell of a lot more fast food franchises. What you don’t have in Terrace is the awesome people of Rupert, plus the ocean. Rupert was not the town I was born at, but I will die here, and be buried on the QCI,(not putting me into the muskeg) my other home.
Rupert is great, the people are great, the scenery, the wildlife, the ocean, the Skeena, the mountains,  the fishing, man I could go on and on…. 

Terrace has birch firewood?  WTF am I still doing here then?

I was born here, and it would take a GREAT opportunity in another city to make me want to even consider a move.  Astro mentioned the people of Rupert, and that is a big reason why I stay.  That and the natural surroundings of this beautiful place. 

Can’t stand the rain?  Prefer Boston Pizza?  Like dirty, dusty summers?  Go to Terrace and stop complaining.

[quote=“astrothug”]
Good …go…
I have lived in terrace twice as a matter of fact lived there back in the 60’s, that don’t count cause I was a bit young what I remember back then was 14 feet of snow every winter…lol…don’t get snow like that anymore. I also returned to Terrace back in the 80’s lived there for a year when I was logging. Terrace is a very segregated town. Sure you have more roads that leave out of terrace and a few more shopping places. And a hell of a lot more fast food franchises. What you don’t have in Terrace is the awesome people of Rupert, plus the ocean.  [/quote]

Hmm… that’s what I thought all along. I always had a feeling that Terrace is quite a segregated racist town and people are not as friendly as Rupert people. Thornhill is much worst in my opinion.

[quote]Rupert was not the town I was born at, but I will die here, and be buried on the QCI,(not putting me into the muskeg) my other home.
Rupert is great, the people are great, the scenery, the wildlife, the ocean, the Skeena, the mountains,  the fishing, man I could go on and on…. [/quote]

Yeah, I like what Prince Rupert got here. But the way the town is being run and “tormented” is just too unbearable. I don’t know if the change in City Hall will make the difference. Also Rupert do still have some great people left, but I felt we’re losing quite a bit of community spirit here. People here are not happier compared to past years.

EDIT: I voted for Rupert

Ive lived in rupert for about 19-20 years, terrace for maybe 2-3 months.

Wow I thought rupert was bad, terrace sucks balls. Terrace is way too damn boring, even the drunks are quiet lol.

Terrace does have a few good points tho, wal-mart, kfc, and the hotties wearing their short shorts during the summertime  :sunglasses:

But Rupert still wins this one hands down.

By the way, the whole time I lived in rupert I dont think i’ve ever seen a wolf…
In terrace we had bears go right to our FRONT DOOR a couple of times.

Rupert is much better than terrace but thats not saying much. After moving and settling in another city for 5 years now I don’t ever see myself going back.

Every few months my family sends me a newspaper clipping with a high paying job up north and while the extra 15 bucks an hour would be nice The trade offs simply aren’t worth it.  I have all the wilderness, beaches, and bimbo’s I can deal with right here in my new home town.

That said Rupert will always hold a special place and I will still visit in the summers from time to time.  I know you all miss me.

SCREW THAT!!!

hey jesus, 
I go through all this work hackingthemainframe.com/smf/inde … 552.0.html and  you don’t even acknowledge it!!!

Happy birthday anyway.  ( It’s the 25th isn’t it?)

23 actually :smile:

Terrace is alright.  I’m thinking PG in a couple of years.

Don’t do it!

I grew up in Terrace - lived there for 15+ years, but I’ve been in Rupert for the last 4.
Rupert takes it hands down!  People here are way friendlier, Rupert is has way more of a “community” going on, and we’re on the ocean!

Totally agree with you on the biking, Rupert’s lacking and Terrace has a great group of people working on tonnes of trails…but Rupert just got back some wicked people that are heavy into the scene with lots of great ideas and stoke for new trails around here.

But…the fishing and boating is better in Terrace than it is in Rupert??? hmmm…did I mention that we’re on the OCEAN???

There’s tonnes of outdoor stuff to do here…tonnes of good hiking, lots of people just don’t realize it.  There’s lots of old trapper’s trails, secret lakes, fishing spots and cabins to explore.  Ever tried sea kayaking?  Or since you like boating…think of the outdoor opportunites…easy access to beautiful Lucy Island, Oval Bay/Welcome Harbour, even just across the harbour!

As for sasquatch…it was probably just Mighty Moe, and he’s awesome.

One more thing…there’s a Pizza Hut in Rupert too now

As someone who was born in Kitimat but has also lived in Terrace and Prince Rupert I have to give my vote to Terrace.

Each community has alot to offer and each has it’s drawbacks.  What I loved about Terrace was the access to the outdoors.  An hour or less in either direction you have the wide open Pacific, Doulas Channel, Kalum, Skeena, Kitimat, Copper, Tseax and Lakelse Rivers, Red Sand, Kalum or Lakelse Lake.  There are also many trails: Sleeping Beauty, Copper Mtn, Terrace Mtn and Ferry Island.  The weather is better and you can actually buy property there.  The people are wonderful, just as they are here.  I have many friends in all of the communities along Highway 16 and beyond and really there are good people wherever you go.

Terrace also has the closest climate in the North to the Okanagan.  You can grow fruit trees and the growing season is about a month longer than other northern communities.  There is pride in the community as well.  Terrace really is a beautiful place.  It has always had a bad rap in being called a hick town but it is a terrific place to live and has alot to offer.

Go up to Rainbow Chrysler or even the mall parking lot and take a look at the new trucks being driven around here.  I hate stereotyping.

I dunno, I had a girlfriend that lived in terrace, then I found out she lived in a trailer park. Ever since then i’ve always kinda thought terrace sucked.  Though she did put out like 5 times a day. I kind of  have an urge to look her up now but alas I dont think I have that kind of energy/time anymore.

“For the Love of God…somebody help me”

Maybe we could find somebody on HTMF who could help you in this matter.

There is always a willing soul out there  :smiley:

Well its not so much a problem.  Personally I’d rather spend my energy skiing. Which i’m going to do right now.

Rupert has the West End Restaurant …what does Terrace have to beat that?

Metropolitan look? you don’t get out much do you?