Target eyeing vacancy at the mall?

So rumour has it ( :wink:) that Target is looking into the space that is currently occupied by Extra Foods and also the space that is right next to The Source.  Anyone hear anything like this?

Also heard a rumour that Shoppers Drug Mart may move into the spot held by Extra Foods and finally move out of that space on 3rd Avenue.

I’m moving in there actually.

what business do you run jesus?

and yes…the rumors about Shoppers appear to be true, havent heard the target rumor yet

[quote=“bthedog”]
Also heard a rumour that Shoppers Drug Mart may move into the spot held by Extra Foods and finally move out of that space on 3rd Avenue.[/quote]

This has validity.

[quote=“bthedog”]
So rumour has it ( :wink:) that Target is looking into the space that is currently occupied by Extra Foods and also the space that is right next to The Source.  Anyone hear anything like this?[/quote]

This doesn’t.

I really doubt that Target would come to Rupert.

They at least partly own Zellers/ The Bay and are now carrying many similar products.  I dont think Target even operates north of the border? 

I have heard about Shoppers… There wont be much left in the mall down stairs if the space is left vacant… 

Safe to say after reading this article, that the Target rumour is just that one of those wild Prince Rumour offerings…

thestar.com/business/article … -to-canada

“Target said it would be at least three years before the international expansion plan takes place. In the meantime, the Minneapolis-based retailer said it would focus on updating its existing United States stores.”

So unless Alaska grabs us up in a fire sale, we’re not a target for Target.

Adult entertainment.

campbell  would sell bc… for the right price

Who is going to be the adult? :imp:

You seem to be an eager participant… so uhh you. We will call the place podunkian pole dancing.

LOL, my lawyers shall be in touch regarding any potential copyright infringement or libel concerns…

Though this could clear up where the Poles went to from a different thread on the board!

Oh way to ruin the fun. I had a slogans and everything…

“not much to see here”.

“this used to be the meat dept.”

and so on.

Again, I shall draw your attention to the libel portion of our most recent correspondence…

Is it libel if its in your favor?  :wink:

but have it your way… “nothing to see here”

LOL, I believe I’ll stop now before I lay waste to my reputation

good plan.

It would be terrific if Rupert could have a Shopper’s like Terrace.  I’m really hoping this isn’t a rumour.

future shop should move in there

stay tuned, they’ll be more…

There was a Target store in St. John’s when I lived there.

I don’t know if it was related to the American chain or not, but it was full of cheap crap, though without the crappiness that usually goes along with cheap crap.  Ie.: nobody shouting in a shrill voice on the PA system, or super bright lights that force you to squint. 

So basically an upscale Wal-Mart.  I think I bought a jacket there once.  It was cheap.

I don’t remember ever seeing target anywhere else in Canada, but they are all over the place south of the border.