Subway Eat behind bars

400 windows across several buildings.

I’m not saying it doesn’t totally suck–but it’s a risk one takes when entering into a business venture.

You have clarified a thought I have had for a while now, and that is that your mostly full of shit. Your family has replaced 400 windows and you just shrug it off…fuck off ya asshole, your full of shit. You want us to believe your family shells out 200k (rough estimate, could be more or less depending on the type of windows) and you just shrug it off as the cost of doing business?
    I dont believe you, not even for a second and I doubt anyone else does either. This is like someone claiming they have replaced the shocks in their car 400 times now, but the roads in rupert arnt bad its just the way it is, we wouldnt believe them and we dont believe you. If you said 40 we might have believed that although 40 broken windows is extreme but 400, never! I call a spade a spade and I call you a liar, from here forward your comments mean nothing cause your full of shit and I would assume most everyone else feels the same, there is a big difference between being wrong and being just plain full of shit and you are full of shit.

or perhaps, at least prone to exaggeration :sunglasses:

Wait… I thought 3 seconds was enough. Or you count to three or something?

There is no time limit.  The law says you must stop and proceed when it’s safe.

The Rupert Toll-Booth guys say 5 seconds.  So if you stop for 3 seconds, they’ll give you a ticket.  They’re hoping you won’t contest it.

Yeah, so now when I stop I usually do a mental count of 5 seconds…with the angry cab driver glaring at me in the rear view mirror.  One hundred forty dollars for coming to a complete stop for 2-3 seconds seems excessive to me.  If you pay the fine prior to 30 days it is $140, after 30 days $160.

In over 25 years of business you better believe that that’s how much windows have cost us. It’s like any other expense.

Haha! So 400 broken windows in 25 years LOL! Your not only full of shit, I got to use a quote from George Carlin, you are what is known as being “stunningly full of shit”. 16 broken windows a year for 25 years on average for a cost of a quarter million and you say " ahh no problem its the way she goes", haha! You should give up that pool b.s. and become a full time comedian, thnks for the giggle.  :smiley:

Yea, when you own several buildings that’s the cost, buddy. You seem to know little about business, but keep countering my statement with–an excellent argument, by the way–“that’s bs”.

ya I have to say 16 windows a year broken over 25 years period; seems a bit much I have lived here for 20 years and have worked 20 of those years around 3 ave and Fraser St and never seen one broken window in those establishmentes I worked at. sure over the years in that area windows got broken but not at the 1.2 windows a month. So did those happen hear in Prince Rupert and what business if I may ask? and if not what area of town did this happen at?

its hard to believe one two establishment would have to replace a window each month for 25 years… :astonished:

We’re not talking one or two places, more like 10-12.

eccentric - this seems to be a favourite argument of yours - “because that is the way it has always been”.

This is not only an inadequate response, it is a pointedly destructive attitude.

The only thing that your arguments indicate - for certain - is that you are not likely to be a part of any solution.

Einstein said it best “You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it”.

ie: Rupert, love it or leave it.  Yes it sucks.  Stop trying to make it better and deal with it already.  Stop complaining you whiners.

Is that about right?

I haven’t heard whether or not the owner of Subway has installed security cameras or not.  I’d be taping the front of my store 24/7 and let it be known. 

In the past a business owned by my family had windows broken periodically until a camera was installed.  After the first punks who were caught on tape were picked up by the feds it never happened again.

This Subway owner must be either really patient or really passive.  I would have been waiting in the store with a bat after about the 10th window. 

[quote=“BoNeCrAcKeR”]I would have been waiting in the store with a bat after about the 10th window. 
[/quote]

Hence the “BoNeCrAcKeR”.  :astonished:

People are welcome to try and fix issues within Rupert Mig, definitely. However, I for one was always taught that whining and complaining are not reasonable ways to get something done in the world. I have never said that having these windows broken doesn’t suck, but I do think that as an independent business person the owner of Subway needs to take his own steps to protect his investment–rather than going up to City Hall complaining, hoping that Supermayor Pond will send a nice policeman to get rid of the mean vandals. Rather, if he feels that City Hall is his best avenue with which to solve his dilemma, he should go prepared with a few solutions of his own.

Many people walk around these days and equate pointing out problems with wisdom. (ie. “You know what the REAL problem in Prince Rupert is? Youth vandalism!”) It takes far more intelligence and understanding to suggest solutions to those problems.

What solutions do you suggest?  To me it would be logical for the mayor to spearhead a coordinated approach to deal with the growing vandalism in this town.  Someone in authority needs to take ownership of this issue.

How about giving the cops at tim hortons window seats? 

get a really big mean dog, the first person to have there neck torn open will have more then enough warning not to do it again :imp: and i bet no one else breaks in after that. :smiley:

First, I’m not complaining about this issue–for me it’s a non-issue.

However, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. As much as I’m sure Councilor Thorkelson, Councilor Cote, and Mayor Pond would make a great threesome as a tights-wearing superhero team, they aren’t law enforcement.

The RCMP needs to step up, and as has been pointed out–while windows are being broken downtown police officers are clearing out our wallets at stop signs. With that said, I’m sure that the local RCMP is aware of the perceived escalation in vandalism, and I’m confident that they’re taking taking steps to improve law enforcement around that issue. However, it makes perfect sense that they would stay quiet on this issue–I’m not in favour of giving the vandals a heads up just to ease some citizens’ concerns.

Even though I think that the responsibility lies with the RCMP in this issue, City Council is taking steps to formulate a plan which will help with vandalism and other misconduct among our youth. Very recently they voted to continue researching a possible curfew. The motion that included the possible curfew also included research into other solutions towards dealing with Rupert’s current situation. A clarification: Some will tell me that Council voted against this motion, but the Daily News reported this story wrong–the motion checked. Confirm this by checking the minutes or contacting one of your Councillors.

However, if all else fails perhaps we should make the intersection at Subway a three way stop.  :wink: