Subway Eat behind bars

Apparently subway and the second had store are catching on.  I can see all the stores barred up soon

English please…

LOL, well in Billy’s own way, he’s drawing your attention to the new riot gates installed over the Subway restaurant downtown.

They and the pawnshop have a rather South Central LA kind of look to them now, should make the tourists feel right at home…

Though to be fair to them both, you get your windows busted enough and you have to do something, though rolling riot gates might have been more pleasing to the eye!

this would work too :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MrmUBrT2p4&fmt=18 

Willing to take the job as Billy’s translator?

[quote]They and the pawnshop have a rather South Central LA kind of look to them now, should make the tourists feel right at home…

Though to be fair to them both, you get your windows busted enough and you have to do something, though rolling riot gates might have been more pleasing to the eye![/quote]

Yooooooo ship niggaz! Welcome to Rooopert’s little historic gangsta town…

So sad that subway had to resort to all that steel in front of the glass. I thought they would put in plexi glass, I guess it was cheaper for “gates of steel”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdFY8IIvd4g

Broken windows suck, but that’s a risk of business in any town. Had the people in charge at Subway had replaced the window(s) immediately every time, the vandals would get bored.

As it is, Subway is “the place” to break windows in Rupert.

That’s your answer?  Live with it, you cry-babies?  Frankly, I don’t think that Mr. Pond has done enough in this town to deal with the escalating vandalism.  This is one of the many reasons why I will not vote for Mr. Pond in November.

[quote=“eccentric”]
Broken windows suck, but that’s a risk of business in any town. Had the people in charge at Subway had replaced the window(s) immediately every time, the vandals would get bored.[/quote]

You know how many times they’ve replaced the windows?

I bet there were no windows broken near where the RCMP toll booth operators hang out.

Subway is just too far away from where the RCMP hang out trying to catch drivers who only stop for 3 seconds at stop signs.

Ask ANY business person who has been in town for any period of time–windows get broken, and you DEAL WITH IT. You don’t make it into a silly political statement.

How come Eddy’s doesn’t have broken windows? What about Famous Players? How bout any of the MANY windows that are left unattended at night at the Rupert Square.

Subway is the cool place to break windows.

Vandalism in this town is at a more than acceptable level.  I’m sure you would be as equally cavalier if the front windows in your house/apartment were regularly smashed in:-)  I’m sure you would just shrug it off and say, oh well:-) 
So yes…this has become political.  Mr. Pond isn’t doing enough with this issue.

My family has been in business long enough in this town to have replaced over 400 windows. Yea… at this point we just shrug it off and say, oh well.

you replaced 400 windows in your family business or do own a glass store and replaced 400 windows around town?

You and I will disagree on this issue.  You may find the level of vandalism acceptable, but, I do not.  I find the increasing level of vandalism in Prince Rupert very disturbing.
Mr. Pond, I would appreciate it if you would do something about this!

Whadda ya mean?  It’s right across the street from Tim Horton’s.

We cant have nice things in our town as it will get vandalized.  I always Liked the spirit bears that got painted but didn’t like the location inside buildings unlike Terrace and Vancouver, who are able to leave them in public places with out the fear of being vandalized.

Its sad and the point is that we need more policing in this community it is lacking, to blame a business for their misfortune is wrong.

I have a hard time blaming Pond or council for this problem.  We live in a unique community that happens to have a large amount of social problems including parenting problems.  It is a huge problem to tackle, one that City Hall could do better on but cannot be completely blamed for.

very true; but we also need more of a police presence in the community.

Perhaps if CityWest was able to provide more revenue we could have more police.  This could be part of one of the other threads.

Ahem, I work at subway. After the bars were put up, which was just recently of course, Famous players DID have their windows broken. Just last night actually…