Stink

Does anybody know if there are skunks in Prince Rupert?

I haven’t seen any skunks in BC altogether…maybe your neighbor has a grow op

Yes, they are indigenous to this area.

There’s so much pot smoked in my neighborhood - sometimes I feel a little confused. But really, in the space of a block there are several houses that have that smell - and it sure isn’t skunks!!

What are the laws now around possession?

You know, I often find myself driving by certain areas of town, and smelling pot. Not pot that has been burned, pot that is growing. There is a distinct difference in the smells of the two.

[quote=“mossINmyTOES”]There’s so much pot smoked in my neighborhood - sometimes I feel a little confused. But really, in the space of a block there are several houses that have that smell - and it sure isn’t skunks!!

What are the laws now around possession?[/quote]

The law with possession is that it’s Illegal…

[quote=“Speedy”]
The law with possession is that it’s Illegal…[/quote]

I live beside a rental unit that regularly engages in drug related behaviour. My wife noticed the distinct smell of pot on several occasions.
I wonder what level of evidence the RCMP needs to proceed with an investigation?

I was thinking that there may be something other than pot…like is there some sort of industrial chemical that smells like a skunk…just because I have been noticing it even when driving around town…like how the Pulp Mill smell would drift into the car when we were driving.

I lived above an admitted seller once and see the same sort of activity happening a few houses down from me - and kids hanging out the window smoking pot. It’s a no-brainer.

I have seen it growing outside and didn’t notice a smell.

Sulfure Dioxide is what stinks from the paper mills. Big difference in smell vs pot

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“Speedy”]

I live beside a rental unit that regularly engages in drug related behaviour. My wife noticed the distinct smell of pot on several occasions.
I wonder what level of evidence the RCMP needs to proceed with an investigation?[/quote]

Well there are tip lines and you don’t need to give your information out. I am sure they would check out the tip if it was somewhat credible.

[quote=“Speedy”]

Sulfure Dioxide is what stinks from the paper mills. Big difference in smell vs pot[/quote]

Oh yes, I know it is a way different smell (glad to not have that stink around anymore)…I was just wondering if there is another explanation other than pot…just hoping it’s not pot…but it probably is…

It was a skunk.

This thread explains so much.

[quote=“Speedy”]

[quote=“mossINmyTOES”]There’s so much pot smoked in my neighborhood - sometimes I feel a little confused. But really, in the space of a block there are several houses that have that smell - and it sure isn’t skunks!!

What are the laws now around possession?[/quote]

…Illegal unless you have a permit to possess for medicinal reasons.

[quote=“hitest”]

[quote=“Speedy”]

I wonder what level of evidence the RCMP needs to proceed with an investigation?[/quote]

I’m just curious what drug related behavior entails, or if the occasional smell of pot is enough to warrant an RCMP presence/intervention in your eyes.

[quote=“orangetang”]
I’m just curious what drug related behavior entails, or if the occasional smell of pot is enough to warrant an RCMP presence/intervention in your eyes.[/quote]

The smell of pot and people stopping by in the middle of the night and leaving shortly after. They’re dealers. The house is known to the RCMP.

Only curious because a buddy down the street had neighbors who had different vehicles parked in the driveway all the time. Trailers full of quads and bikes, a 10’ tall one tonne with 24" white rims to match buddies sunglasses and custom bumpers, a Masarati, etc. A larger than normal revenue let’s say, even for Grande Prairie.

Now, whatever, but, when the thug looking fellas are hanging outside cursing and smoking weed in the driveway around the neighborhood kids and making remarks to the guys wife. It might be time to say something to someone right? When a rental car showed up with a c - pillar covered in blood… that’s something you don’t need around your residence.

I guess what I’m getting at is, if they’re keeping to themselves and all you’re noticing is potential pot dealings without that stuff I just mentioned, maybe it’s not worth saying anything to anyone. If they’re making you uncomfortable or causing problems, I can see the issue.

Honestly if my neighbor dealt a little pot, without any drama, I think I’d make friends with them and avoid any friction. The stuff is borderline legal and for the most part completely harmless in my eyes. Not everyone wants too or can grow their own, so these places need to exist. You live in BC, a world renowned grow op.

Yeah, pot dealers don’t often have people stopping by at all hours of the night anyways. Pot smokers aren’t like junkies. If that is happening, it’s very likely that something other than marijuana is being sold.
Really, for possession of marijuana, the cops don’t really care unless you have more than an ounce, I think it is. Anything less than that it’s pretty much a slap on the wrist and it’s confiscated.
Marijuana, for the most part, is harmless. It is not a gateway drug, and it often helps those who have chronic pain. How would you feel if the dealer you just helped be busted was helping someone with chronic pain, who didn’t want to go through all of the hoop jumping for medical marijuana? (I’ve looked into it, it’s not just a permit)

[quote=“orangetang”]
Honestly if my neighbor dealt a little pot, without any drama, I think I’d make friends with them and avoid any friction. The stuff is borderline legal and for the most part completely harmless in my eyes. Not everyone wants too or can grow their own, so these places need to exist. You live in BC, a world renowned grow op.[/quote]

How about if they dealt a little pot to your kids without any drama? They have not attempted to sell anything to my 11 year old yet. I’m guessing that you and I won’t agree on this issue. I’m okay with that. :smile: