Sooo how tall is everyone?

6’2" 275#s

everything else is metric. :laughing:

17,272 hair’s breadth
0.0085858 of a furlong
0 gigaparsec’s

i am a few inches short of a fathom

So if it’s generally accepted that a “foot” was derived from the length of the King’s foot, I’d like to know what King was so well hung as to come up with the length of a “rod”.

5’9"

5’9"

[quote]wacko
Posted: Thursday, Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:

So if it’s generally accepted that a “foot” was derived from the length of the King’s foot, I’d like to know what King was so well hung as to come up with the length of a “rod”.
[/quote]

Actually a “rod” (16.5 feet) was a measure of how far King RodneyIII could pee after a night of drinking ale.
Could be!

I am soooo short! :cry: Like a hair over 5’1’’. I am hoping that a long overdue growth spurt is in order, but I am not holding my breath.

I’m 5 foot 9 1/2 inches. I weigh 155 lbs. I’m kinda thin all over except for the middle aged bulge around my middle.

im 5’9" too but only weight 119 ish.

this is myfriend Mr. Creosote. He’s only 5’8" but he weighs 967 lbs. including the after dinner mint.

Interesting stuff.

[quote]5’6". Oh yeah!
[/quote]

[quote]I am soooo short! Like a hair over 5’1’'. I am hoping that a long overdue growth spurt is in order, but I am not holding my breath.
[/quote]

Seems like everyone that is somewhat shorter than the “normal” North-American standard has some kind of negative or cynical view of their height.
Tall people didn’t make such comments when they posted their height.
Could it be that our society’s general negative view of shorter people is reinforced by themselves?
Is it possible that taller people feel they have achieved some kind of target and therefore have enough confidence to not make any comments?

Let’s hear opinions since this place is usually filled with them.

BTW, I am a 5’6" male- Extremely short by tutsi standards but a giant by pigmy standards.

To be honest, I am content at standing at 5’3. I have never had a problem with my height other than having to hem several hundred pairs of pants in my lifetime. I guess I formed a new skill due to my shortness :unamused:
If anything, I would think tall people encounter the majority of problems associated with height. They must have trouble finding pants at times, they must feel awkward when standing above everyone, some doorways may not allow normal entry, etc etc. What do you think?

If anyone’s noticed, it seems like most adult males in north/central BC are L-XL-XXL in men’s clothing sizes. Yet store continue to stock 30% S, 40%M, 25%L items. That leaves 75% of the men here fighting for the 5% of XL clothes.
The XL ones that when you point to something, the shirt sleeve pulls halfway to your elbow. And the 4XL you find once in a while billows like a tent, but won’t tuck in cuz it’s cut so short.
& what about men’s pants? Why do they go 36/34, 38/32, 40-42/30? Do normal big men have short legs? Do normal guys have waists 24" high, or does anyone else notice when you pull the crotch of your jeans above your knees, you have to unzip the fly to scratch your nipples?
Does anyone else have to be at the store when the truck unloads to buy THE pair of size 12 shoes that arrives?
That’s just 1 aspect of being tall (which I’m not in a town full of lumberjacks)

[quote=“Prudence”]To be honest, I am content at standing at 5’3. I have never had a problem with my height other than having to hem several hundred pairs of pants in my lifetime. I guess I formed a new skill due to my shortness :unamused:
If anything, I would think tall people encounter the majority of problems associated with height. They must have trouble finding pants at times, they must feel awkward when standing above everyone, some doorways may not allow normal entry, etc etc. What do you think?[/quote]

But we can reach things that are up high!

I wear medium everything, I think.

im 5,6 and its crazy cause im short in my class :exclamation:

I don’t even thing the S-M-L-XL really mean much anymore.

Shopping for the rent-a-kids here, and like an L shirt in the girls section of American Eagle is smaller than a S shirt at Roots.

exchange rate, duh.

it’s because the stuff is shipped to Canada. We’re so peaceful we don’t complain when the factories just sew on whatever size label is easiest for the seamstress to reach at the time.

and that’s how they have “better productivity”