Restaurants in this town

There’s no point in complaining to Anton or anybody there. Unless something has changed with them?

The food at Zorbas is usually seriously awesome. Especially the butter chicken, roti/nan-bread, somosa’s and pizza. But I can’t count how many times they’ve forgot something in the order. Given the opportunity (five times) to correct the error, we’d end up waiting for an hour for our nan-bread, or the jasmine rice, or the greek salad etc. etc. to arrive. Kills the dinner. Makes you feel stupid for going back.

How many times I’ve ordered something (a day before, a week before…) and it is either disproportionately smaller, entirely different from what I ordered the day/week before or suddenly: “Does not come with and never did come with” “X”. For instance, roti used to be available, and then it wasn’t, and the waitress (which had been there a long time) said they had never served roti…then a month later while mistakingly asking for it again, it’s available again.

I’ve had greek and ceasar salad and butter chicken with a nice big black hair wrapped around certain portions in the food three times. I’ve complained many times (politely) but they just never listen. A shame really, it’s great food when prepared and delivered properly.

What are you complaining about you are eating are you not ? Some people kids just want and want , I am happy just getting sliced bread and butter. When I was a kid , nah never mind you will probably have heard it .

Nah I used to eat at resteraunts but now Im low on cash and then there’s that HST! I’m happy NOW grubbing on floor for change to buy a Timmies coffee!

Yeah I know , you are a hard working man but have to keep spare change for Timmy . Want to buy a table ?

If I buy the table this month I might not have a house to put it in!

I saw on the big list that said too afraid to try raffles
my wife and i are regulars there. for breakfast. we love it
we walk in, sit down and next thing you know we have our coffee
and our breakfast is cooking, they know us, so well we dont have to order
and the food is great and affordable, a couple of weeks back i suggested we go to the Crest for breakfast
ended up paying over $60.00 i mean who in their right mind charges $5.00 for a glass of apple juice

also there is a new restaurant in the Atlin Terminal in Seahorse. has anybody that reads this eaten there yet?

[quote=“OMEGA”]I saw on the big list that said too afraid to try raffles
and the food is great and affordable, a couple of weeks back i suggested we go to the Crest for breakfast
ended up paying over $60.00 i mean who in their right mind charges $5.00 for a glass of apple juice

also there is a new restaurant in the Atlin Terminal in Seahorse. has anybody that reads this eaten there yet?[/quote]

My fella and I pop in usually every Thursday to watch the “crazy” cruise ship passengers and it is a really nice little place. Great coffee and hot chocolate and awesome gluten-free cookies for those that need that sort of thing! Fella tried one of the wraps and was very pleased with it so give it a try. Nice view too, of course !

I’ve had the sausage soup and breadsticks…it was really good.

Im pretty sure that rogers owns shaw silly…

Can’t say I ever ate at either one of them places…

[quote=“OMEGA”]I saw on the big list that said too afraid to try raffles

also there is a new restaurant in the Atlin Terminal in Seahorse. has anybody that reads this eaten there yet?[/quote]

I saw a drunk passed out in the entrance of Raffles on Saturday. I don’t know if I’m necessarily afraid of the food there, but maybe some of the patrons.

Has anyone ever tried the restaurant at Moby Dick?

I remember years ago when it was open 24 - 7 , the food was good with big helpings. I used to give out meal tickets to kids who were hungry and sent them to the Moby .

An awful lot of diners closed down all over!
The roadside from PG - Rupert is starting to look like the Fraser Canyon.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]An awful lot of diners closed down all over!
The roadside from PG - Rupert is starting to look like the Fraser Canyon.[/quote]

Hoping to be able to hold off till the Spring and then head back East to Ontarioooooooooooooo with my lady checkout the land a couple hours from Toronto and Hamilton . Time to settle down and enjoy the four seasons . Was there a few months back and everything was looking good employment wise . Got to go got to get away .