Re: To My Crest Family; vote Liberal in order to maintain employment

Freedom of thought gets my vote for best avatar ever. LMFAO that’s awesome.

Hey eccentric we see you lurking at the top of the page, come on back now yhear! :stuck_out_tongue:

Any truth that there was a video made for the employees as well?

Need to protect the standard of living you know.

Watching TV…What else ?  :smiley:

Sometimes an endorsement can be counterproductive and may generate a backlash.

Dang - and I got all excited, thinking it was a letter from the much more famous (at least to me) - Steve Smith:

Even many people who vote liberal, have doubts with  Herb. 

My suggestion though is to go with what you want to do.  Steve Smith won’t be watching you vote… 
If something makes economic sense it will come here, if not it won’t and that is how it will go no matter who gets in.

I personally support the NDP as we need a strong opposing force against Gordo.
NDP are far from perfect but they are the only party that give a shit about ordinary people. 

The last statement is just my personal view…  Go out and vote how you feel don’t let Steve’s letter determine it. 

so he is telling ppl who he is voting for and why, then he tells ppl they should go vote, doesn’t say for whom and doesn’t say your jobs are on the line. One could assume he is hinting you vote liberal but he is not telling you to. what is wrong with that?  i’m sure if there was a problem with the letter the Union would be all over it and file a complaint

What I don’t get is, why does he think that anyone would give a crap what he suggests anyways, he’s hardly Moses coming down the mountain with a fistfull of stone tablets containing “the word”!

LOL yeah I agree Steve Smith is not Moses… LOL

Actually he is making a connection between their jobs and the election. What is wrong with it? Politics and voting are things that we talk about as citizens, as equals, but only if we want to. If a person doesn’t want to talk about politics - and many prefer not to - we generally respect that. We change the subject.

But a workplace is inherently unequal. Some people give orders, some take orders; some people talk, some don’t talk back. That’s fine within the narrow terms of an employment relationship. The Crest CEO is stepping outside of the reason why employees are there, and voicing his opinions under conditions where there isn’t equal opportunity. Realistically no one can talk back. It’s like a captive audience. That’s why it is so tacky. Things must not be going well for the Pond campaign. 

That is probably because there is the problem of Showboating way too much and with someone like Smith in the shadows shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii? How he got put on the Board of the BC Ferries? Another fine piece of work, I say.

I spoke with someone who was a former council member, he feels strongly that
Herb won’t get in.  He feels that Coons has it with a wide margin.
I also cannot see this area becoming Liberal…  If Herb did get in we will never see him again.  A lot of City Money was spent on Herb’s ladder climbing… 

LOL - well that must be the case. Gospel if it was ever heard!
stay at home and dont vote then…

Hey say what you will about letters to employees (most of the ones that come my way are ‘disciplinary’ in nature) but leave the TVs alone!
Mr Smith, I love your TVs above your urinals… don’t you ever change. 

You say that you are unsure how to interpret this letter and yet your title of this thread seems that you are already interpreting it in a certain way.  In no way does the letter say “vote Liberal or lose your job”.  Mr. Smith is encouraging everyone to get out and vote.  He also states his concern if Gary Coons is elected here, that’s it.

I work at the Crest too, as many already know, and I fully support everything that the Smith’s and the Crest mangement team set out to accomplish as far as making the Hotel the best it can be.  That being said, even though I appreciate the sentiment of the letter and where Mr. Smith is coming from, it is the existence of the letter itself that I have an issue with.  I was a little surprised and maybe even a little disappointed to see the letter in my paycheque envelope.  I don’t know if tacky is the right word, but it just seems a little desperate to me.

I make no secret of the fact that I am voting Liberal, the sign in my yard proves it, but in no way has this ever been influenced by anyone affiliated to the Crest Hotel.  Use your own mind, vote for whomever you wish, but whatever you do, get out and vote.  If one person’s opinions sway your vote, then maybe you weren’t 100% sure to begin with.

So it’s true…A man and his “potty” can never be parted especially if there’s a TV attached… :smiley:  Hey, did everyone see the over abundance of Herbie signage all over town and heading out of town… I imagine there was an error on the part of the printer OR was it that not enough homes in town wanted his face sharing space with their beloved dandelions ??  I detect a little desperation on his part… :wink:

Seeing Herb’s signs every 20 feet on McBride nearly made me puke this morning.  Wondering if he needed a building permit for the ‘mug’ towers built across from the library and by the Civic. 

Whose responsibility is it to take down all the election signs?  I’m assuming each party will collect their own, but there were a bunch of Herb signs in the bushes below the stairs between Rushbrook and Overlook . . . are those ones going to get picked up I wonder?

Herb paid people to put up his signs.  That’s why they are all in clusters everywhere.  They were apparently paid for quantity not the quality of their job.
He also had his leaflet delivered in the Daily News - paid again.  Hey, he’s creating jobs!
Gary’s campaign is run completely by volunteers - me being one of them. 
Three different brochures where hand delivered on three different occasions to most of all households and the lawn signs on private property where put there by the owner’s request.