Re: Pizza hut?

if it’s that horrible and everybody hates it then why is it packed all the time?  if i recall Rhodo’s had some pretty good pizza, why not just go there?

You’re a genius.

Yeah it is funny how people put down a business that is spenting a considerable amount of money on  space, trainning and employing many local youth.  There are not doubt some issues, as there are with many businesses esp. new ones.  Give them credit that they have provided some much needed employment for our youth and for goodness sake if there are problems speak to one of  the managers, posting here will not do any good.
I thank the owner/ operator for bringing this new business to town and over time the issues will resolve, and besides a mix up or 2 on a meal is not the end of the world. Get a life   :-P

my thoughts exactly

Certainly any new business, especially if they employ youth, should be given a fair chance to work out the kinks - except for maybe sky diving school.

LOL yeah sky diving school better get it right from the start…
However give the kids a break at Pizza Hut, most are trying and for some it’s their first job!
Support our local youth instead of bitching!  Be glad they are trying and not wondering the streets and falling into harms way.  Think about this and get over the fact that perfection takes time! 

Ya your right, don’t blame the kids that pizza hut is shitty. Its in fact shitty because after a month of being open its still run like crap, blame management for not training the kids properly, as its not kids running it!!!
The kids need a break about not doing there job so Lay into the owners and management, And don’t use an excuse its only been open a month it will get better; it should been the best the day the doors open. And not half ass run like it is… this is no mom and pop shop; this is a mega franchise.

Exactly if there are still on going issues perhaps there needs to be a shake up @ the management level.  They are the problem, kids need a lot of direction and if they are not getting it from the people over seeing them, management needs to be changed.  I hope that the public realizes this is the problem and not the kids.  Next time if service is poor alert the manager and if that does nothing and  you wish to continue to support this worthwhile place call the owner in Terrace.  We all want to see this place be a sucess for the youth employed and the public that pay the bills. If is this not happening make the owners aware of the issues.  Maybe management needs to be changed. 

good luck on complaining to management…
i know of others that tried to and got some snarky remark
on how they weren’t going to get their food for free…
overlooking the fact that hmmm i’m a manager now and
maybe just maybe i should take this as constructive critism
and look further into the problems being brought forward
and maybe something like more training,
job shadowing, customer service courses, etc would work
and help eliminate this ongoing list of problems that patrons
are running into…i do believe the young persons working there
are trying they aren’t deliberatly going out of their way to make
your visit to the establishment a crappy one…i’m sure its stressful
on some of them too…

look up above your post, there is 3 posts that say its not the kids fault!!! we have come to a conclusion its management fault for not training the staff properly before opening! and you manage what dimples?

re:langly’s response

um if you read what i posted i’m simply telling all that i know of ppl that tried to complain and got a ridiculous response…as for the manager part thats what the managers there should be thinking…not me…
as others have repeated on here about its not the kids fault so be it…

Haven’t been there yet but I am sure that some of the employees, this must be their first job and I hope that we give them a little slack as I am sure they are feeling scared shitless! and if they are only hearing negative feedback, then how can they improve?  I did hear from a colleague who had gone in for the “all you can eat” last week that a couple of our well-known soup kitchen families were in there sneaking food into bags and putting it into their strollers to take home. :unamused: If that is true then I think management has even more to deal with than employees who need some time to work out the kinks…Give them a little time, I think my first job, I was probably a complete idiot :confused:

So people are in filling bags to take out during the buffet.  yeah sounds like management has it’s hands full trying to slow down the tide on that…  the actions of some patrons, I am sure adds to the stress for everyone.  I keep hoping the owner from Terrace will look into and correct some of the issues, because it is worth going there, as a patron we are not only supporting pizza hut but we are contributing to the better of our local youth, whom are employed by the owner, has anyone spoke with the owner from Terrace? 

I keep hearing that " I hope management deals with it"…or the owner from Terrace will ride in on a big white horse and all save us all from shitty service.  If you dont like it or hear shitty things about it dont go, or wait till they iron out the bugs.
Ideally after the issue isnt resolved at the local level with on site management, then go straight to the corporate office.  And start a letter writing campaign, initiated by unsatisfied people.  Right now its a novelty to most people.  I tried to take my kids their one night and it was 7:30 pm and they were closed!!! 

yeah I guess folks just keep hoping management will deal with it.
If not the corporate people need to be alerted … 

Well the place clearly has its fans, they won best new business in that recent Daily news thing.

Though I suspect if it’s a competition of one, it’s probably not that hard to win, wonder what size ad they bought…

It would seem that most of the people on this forum thus far, did not take part in the voting!

Oh, no, you didn’t!

I dont know if you know but the owners of Terrace are the owners here, they run both places. in other words

My gf and I were just there last night.  We ordered a family size breadsticks, a side salad, and a small pizza.  The salad came in like 10 mins then we were sitting there waiting and waiting for the breadsticks and pizza.  A few other people came in after we did and get their appetizers and pizza and still we waited.  Finally I called the girl over who took our orders and she acted like she didn’t even know we ordered anything so we got up and went and paid for our pop and her salad.

I told the girl I wanted to talk to the manager and the manager told me they’re sorry and said our order was messed up (duh, the girl didn’t even put it in).  So she’ reimbursed our bill from the pop and salad and wrote my name down for a free large pizza and another salad next time we go in. 

This was the second time we went in and the first time we had no problem at all but talked to the manager and got it settled and got a free pizza and salad out of it so I’m not complaining.  It’s a new business.  Give them some time to work everything out and I’m sure it will get better.  If not, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS talk to the manager and if the manager is a retard too, just keep going up the ladder till you find someone who will straighten the bs out.

Just to update, my gf and I went back there tonight for our free meal they put us down for.  Looked like a real manager was there tonight, someone who was actually training them and teaching them how to do stuff.  I put my order in and came back for it.  I checked and made sure everything was good.  It’s a good thing I did cause they screwed up the pizza.  It was supposed to be half mild sausage and half ham but they put the sausage all over and it wasn’t the mild type.

Long story short, we got 2 free pizzas.  At least they made up for the mistake but still pretty pissed off that to make up for a messed up order, they messed up the complimentary one too.