Re: New format

Hey, you know what this new layout is currently missing, is the cycling links to members photoblogs… you know, there would be the picture from menino.com, screenlooking.com, Stardog Champion’s photoblog etc…

I’m working on that right now, as it happens.

Scroll down to the bottom of the front page.

I’m thinking of having like a 3 or 4 column thingie with links to those sites.

And where are the movie listings?!?!?

Oooh, Ooooh, pick my blog, pick my blog… :imp:

I could be cheese number four!!!

Yep, I vote for the Podunkian one too!!

Thank u smartass ze cheese is in ze mail for you!

I vote for you too.  In fact, I think you could even be cheese number two.

Ah thanx, they like me, they really, really like me!Â

Cheese wheels for everyone! :imp:

cheese ftw!!

Whoo Hoo, now serving cheese from window number three!!  oops now its window one, uh, well it’s a window…

Thanks Mig. :laughing:

I still have a bit more work to do on it.

Anyway, it will shuffle them around every 10 minutes or so.

If anybody else has a blog or flickr feed they want on there, send me a message.

Well, just as long as I’m still in the ranks of the cheesy, I’m happy.

Did anyone notice the bad pun in there combining “ranks” and “cheesy?”

Sorry, but I had to sit through a boring-ass meeting today and I’m in the need for humour, no matter how rank or cheesy  :stuck_out_tongue:

I was going to apologize to you for neglecting to include you in my vote for cheese links, but now I see you are actually the top cheese.  I bow to your supreme cheese rankiness.

I like that term “htmf-approved sites”

Kind of like having that Royal Seal of approval that the Queen dishes out to her favourite foodstuffs, suddenly I feel as important as a bottle of HP Sauce!!!

Wonder if the Queen has an approved favourite cheese?  :astonished:

took a little time to get used to the new design, but it’s awesome, i’m lovin the colour scheme. job well done.

Is it just me? Making a quote using

doesn’t work. Quotes now seem to reference a user/thread/post etc… Also, bold and italic fonts were nice for emphasing on things. Can that be changed? Looking at the screen right now, the theme looks great. The front page looked like garbage on my first visit to the new theme, but now it looks great! Just my 2¢.

Ah, including the quotation marks around the name works still… I tried to mimic the way the site generates it, sans everything except the username. My bad. I like the site!

bold and italics still work just like before.

I can see I’m going to have to put this in the FAQ:

hackingthemainframe.com/smf/Them … tml#bbcref

“Like before”, for me was highlighting the text and clicking the button… Now I see, italic and bold work, so no more complaints from me.

I would suggest having some other colours in the Recently Posted Posts Box, as Red on Red with Red for anything Clickable is reverse good…

I liked having the easy access buttons to quote or to put something in italics. It was much easier then trying to remember the codes.