Re: Maverick Mart - Beer and Wine Store?

I like how you called it a beer and whine store.

All I was saying was that he’s not the only one behind this Beer and Wine store.

Living very near …Thumbs up.  They should have more " Neighbour "  pubs around too  !  :smiley:

They are just doing drainage, no  wine store is going in there!

They ARE putting in a Beer and Whine store there…but doing some drainage work first.

not sure why we need another beer and wine store- not like anything’s more than a couple minutes drive away from anyone, or taxi ride for that matter-how much convenience do we need?

well in this town booze has always been a priority…

Worked in many towns
As long as there are girls and boys …
You get the idea  :smiley:

The Crest has the liquor license.

yea that was established at the beggining this thread…

Yeah it is like we really need another place to buy booze and watch everyone become more of a risk to each other. This town does not need such a setting plus when was this decided? Did the citizens have any play in this one or was it done behind closed doors as well.

There’s no way citizens would be able to form a direct link between a new Liquor establishment and harm to the community–there may very well be a corrolation, but without proof who says that I, or anyone else, has the right to block a private citizen from conducting their business?

bullshit… plain and simple…
you just like to argue for the sake of arguing…  It does not take a genius to figure out that Prince Rupert is a booz town, with the recession and clossing of the mill and even less people then 10 years ago. More people are buying booze, thats a FACT ITS been documented that people are buying more booze then before. …
:unamused:

Okay, please post your source.  Thanks.

I’m not arguing for the sake of arguing. I support a businessperson being able to open a new place of business without a bunch of bleeding hearts crying that with a new liquor establishment, they’re more likely to drink. Should IKEA not sell knives because it encourages emos to cut themselves? Howbout alcoholics start taking some responsibility for their actions?

But again Astro, there’s absolutely no way to prove that there is a correlation between the amount of liquor establishments, and the amount of people drinking. Drinking rates may well be on the rise (I have NO IDEA how the heck you can come up with that, unless you count people in AA or deaths caused by alcohol)–but that doesn’t mean it’s because of the amount of establishments that sell booze.

Do you really think that if we had half as many Beer and Wine stores we’d have half as many alcoholics?

[quote=“eccentric”]
I’m not arguing for the sake of arguing. I support a businessperson being able to open a new place of business without a bunch of bleeding hearts crying that with a new liquor establishment, they’re more likely to drink. Should IKEA not sell knives because it encourages emos to cut themselves? Howbout alcoholics start taking some responsibility for their actions?

But again Astro, there’s absolutely no way to prove that there is a correlation between the amount of liquor establishments, and the amount of people drinking. Drinking rates may well be on the rise (I have NO IDEA how the heck you can come up with that, unless you count people in AA or deaths caused by alcohol)–but that doesn’t mean it’s because of the amount of establishments that sell booze.

Do you really think that if we had half as many Beer and Wine stores we’d have half as many alcoholics?[/quote]

I would have to agree with the points you express… I really get tired of the bleeding hearts…
Hard Core drinkers will find liquor whether we had one store or 50…
Surprised someone does not start a beer and wine in the west side of town say just past 5 corners… 

eccentric I hope the guys do well at Maverick Store, My wife currently works there! But it will have an impact with the people who live in the area!

well I guess you might not, but people in government (liquor stores follow provincial/federal laws). and in each region and at each establishments, there is a monerating system that’s in place.

anyways you can find many reports online…
about the rise on alcohol consumption since the privatization of liquor stores.

nupge.ca/news_2003/n01au03b.htm

I agree–I don’t think we should privatize all the BC Liquor Stores across the province, but I still don’t see any proof that there is a positive correlation between the number of the Liquor Stores and the number of those abusing alcohol, that’s all.

Maybe locate one at Graham and Van Arsdol be able to supply the bush parties in Moresby a lot easier that way

They could also locate one up in the hospital area…