Re: Maverick Mart - Beer and Wine Store?

He is still the majority owner of the Hotel, but he has turned over the day-to-day managerial reigns.  He doesn’t live here, but he still owns a home here, and is here 4 months out of the year.

I’m not worried about the kids, I’m worried about the old ass drunks.

btw astro, I know what you mean and I also agree with you  :sunglasses:

He owns part of the company, as do many other people. To assume that he’s somehow in the center of this just doesn’t make much sense, that’s all.

Eccentric you need to do some research…Mother-in-law Gwen Murray owner, wife of Bill Murray (deceased). Steve’s wife, Tina, part owner and major share holder due to inheritance. Steve manager, Scot Farwell general manager. Smiths maintain homes in Victoria (near mother-in-law) and Prince Rupert.  No major decisions made unless okayed by Smiths e.g. pent house apartments under constructions on roof and beer and wine store at Maverick.  Names on the Manager’s office at the Crest still labeled 'Steve Smith.

Because kids totally never go near Safeway or Cow Bay. Seriously, I doubt the presence of a Beer and Wine store will mess with children much. They sell cigarettes at corner stores, and children live near those.

[quote=“yellowmellow”]

Eccentric you need to do some research…[/quote]

The most repeated thought on htmf these days :unamused:

Love you Smurfette  :smile:

I should say, I took those post as a negative comment. I could have been wrong.

Steve Smith is the owner, true. He’s technically still the General Manager true. He lives in Victoria these days, making occasional trips to Rupert, and he has sold part of the company to Scott Farwell. I was merely suggesting that the Beer and Wine store idea was not a concoction of just Mr. Smith.

Again, unless I’m COMPLETELY off base here, what would that have to do with a Beer and Wine store in Prince Rupert, and since when are privately owned Beer and Wine stores a new idea?

Eccentric …You just don’t get it, Steve not General Manager, he is ‘technically’ ‘the Manager’ in conjuction with his wife.  Scott Farwell ‘technically’ is the ‘General Manager’ answers to Steve and Tina Smith.  Steve ain’t selling nothing without the ok of wifie and momma-in-law!

of course not…but the drunks in the area might, the school grounds will become the new drinking spot after hours and kids do play there, its not fun getting 15 stitches after stepping on broken glass that was busted and left laying around… Im speaking of experience here I was the kid who cut his foot all up on a broken beer bottle…

lets not forget the older kids in the area who will ask adults to run for them. you dont think that will happen… :unamused:

Now Kanata can be for off leash dogs and for drinking.  Oh joy!  Conrad had broken bottles nightly before the cage was built around the undercover area.  Kids learning to drink - either under or overage are going to look for places to do it.

I live in the area near Maverick, not as close as you Astro, my concerns are going to be with the rowdies passing by trying to get that last bottle or case before closing time. :frowning:

Actually, Steve is the majority owner of the Hotel.  Gwen is the minority owner.  Scott Farwell is the General Manager and handles the business on behalf of Steve and Gwen.  There has been no transfer of ownership as has been previously stated.  Also, Steve’s name is not on the door to the General Manager’s office.

There has been some confusion on this Crest issue:
Smiths own the Crest, they spend their time between Prince Rupert and Sydney, BC–not Victoria and Scott Farwell is the Operations Manager which is exactly how it sounds: manages the daily operations of the hotel and reports directly to Steve & Tina Smith, who still have a huge presence in the hotel.

A Beer & Wine store would be convenient for the responsible residents of that area of town, however could become a problem for residents who are underage or already suffer from alcohol related issues.

Did Solly’s beer & wine store cause any issues in the Seal Cove area?

I Think stanley19 knows what he is talking about!!  :wink:

depends who you talk too, lots of under age drinking in the bush in that area, but other then the smashed out windows and such at evergreen Apt block… its all good… :unamused:

are the windows smashed because of the drinking or because the apartments are empty and window smashing is an all time Prince Rupert favorite passtime?

and how could people even tell those are windows, gosh I thought they were just painted solid walls  LOL…

its all boarded up because of the drinking that happened in the vacant apartment’s that led to a lot of damage being done by the teenage kids that lived there or near there.  :cry:

Scott Farwell is the General Manager of the Crest Hotel, not the Operations Manager.  Steve Smith turned over the operations of the Hotel to Scott last winter when he announced his retirement.

If you like I can double-check this info when I see him at work tomorrow.

If you like I can double-check this info when I see him at work tomorrow.

/quote

For the benefit of Eccentric probably a good idea!