Re: High Risk Sex Offender-Public Interest Notification

i’ve made a hobby of shit kicking guys like ths, and being that i’m on my way back to town…hopefully our paths will cross, guys like this should be shot, or fucken castrated, our judicial system is a joke.  although i despise most things about the US, the way they deal with fucks like this is right…20 years of ass kickings in open population

I guess that’s why their crime rate is so much lower than ours :confused:

[quote=“rollins”]
no there is a clear difference between being a vigilante and defence.  Now, if i went tearing out there looking for a fight, that would constitue being a vigilante.[/quote]

Eso has a longer memory than an elephant.

when it comes to sex crimes, the rules are different.  i have 3 sisters, and i have no tollerance what so ever for people who do this, and neither should you.  when a woman is raped a life long scar that never heals is left, so everything i’ve ever said about the law and being a vigilante is different, people who do this to others have given up thier right to be a part of our world.  I would hope you feel the same way

Eso is also not enough in touch with reality but too much with his expletive deleted .

I have two young children.  And yes, if some freak hurt my girls I would want cold revenge.  But, my desire for justice would be in conflict with the law.  Agreed.  Once a woman is raped she is damaged for life.
I think people should give this guy his space and let him live his life.  There is no other clear choice in this situation.  If he chooses to hurt someone the police will deal with him.  I hate the idea of a convicted predator living here, but, vigilante justice is not an option in my opinion.

Of course it’s not an option. Rollins talks a big game but he clearly is not out there roaming the streets shitkicking people like some sort of vigilante superhero. “i’ve made a hobby of shit kicking guys like ths”… what an E-Thug.  :unamused:

Being a vigilante makes you no better than the person you’re hunting/hurting. It’s fun to talk a big game though.

Mike

Ahh, everywhere that we’ve just used expletive deleted, we meant “e-peen”.

Hitest I think your right, let him have his space, and let the law deal with him.

This is exactly what I was talking about.  I certainly agree that this guy’s crimes were horrendous and that his victim (victims?) will be scarred for life.  I can even empathize with how you may feel about wanting to exact your own form of justice.

But that’s not how civilized society works.  We let the law handle it.  We don’t take matters into our own hands.    Because the moment we do, we’re no better than the criminals we seek to punish.

Besides, if you so much as lay a hand on him, now you become a criminal.  It doesn’t matter if you’re doing so to punish someone for something unthinkable.  It doesn’t even matter if everyone in the community agrees with you.  If you harm him, that makes you a criminal.

And that means jail.  Period. 

So you have to ask yourself: is this guy worth losing your freedom over?  Is he worth making him a victim and strengthening his position?  Is he worth having a criminal record that’s going to be stapled to every job application you ever fill out?  I think not.

And as strange as it might sound, you would likely get treated worse as a vigilante. Why? Well judges don’t see vigilante’s every day in court. In fact I don’t remember one coming through court in 14 years. If someone did come through charged with an offence that had vigilanteism at it’s core, the judge would likely punish you harshly to set an example for the rest of society. Sad as it sounds… rapes and assaults they see all the time. The presicdence has been set already for those crimes.

Mike

:::: quietly opening the door ::::

ahem

“Staying at Raffles”

:::: quietly closing the door again ::::

I see this as turning out like in the movie, “Cape Fear,” with Max Cady: a couple of “tough guys” would go to lay the boots to this guy but would end up getting wasted themselves AND buggered for good measure. The thing is, at Raffles, it wouldn’t even be noticed.