Re: High Risk Sex Offender-Public Interest Notification

With this particular case, there sure would be conditions.  For example, he would have to report to the RCMP once a month to let them know where he is.  He may also have to report to a probation officer once a week and report on his.  He might also have to stay 500 feet from parks and schools, and 40 miles from a liquor establishment.  And, perhaps even more.  Failing to keep with the conditions, will land him back in court, as evidenced yesterday afternoon.

rcmp-bcmedia.ca states:

MCKAY is subject to many court ordered conditions including:

• To keep the peace and be of good behavior
  • Not to possess, carry, or own any weapons including knives except for carving and for the immediate preparation and consumption of food
  • Not to consume or possess any alcohol or controlled substances
  • Not to attend any licenced premise or establishment where alcohol is the primary commodity for sale
  • Not to be outside his residence between 11:00pm and 6:00am
  • To immediately inform a Probation Officer of a relationship with any intimate partner and to consent to that partner being informed of his Criminal Record in the presence of a Probation Officer
  • Not to possess any needles or syringes
  • Must submit to having his picture taken by any Peace Officer at any time
  • Must report to the RCMP and Probation within 48 hours of his release from custody and thereafter as directed
  • Must reside in a place approved by a Probation Officer and must not change that address without prior written approval of a Probation Officer
  • Not to leave the Province of British Columbia without approval of a Probation Officer
  • Attend and participate in assessments and counseling as directed by a Probation Officer

Should you note any suspicious behavior including, but not limited to a breach of these conditions, please contact the Prince Rupert RCMP Detachment at (250)624-2136.

I’m certainly no expert on this stuff, but it sounds like the guy was released on probation?  Doesn’t sounds like he served his full term.  But what do I know?

Yeah , the first question is why he would be in our community ? Are those all of his conditions ? Did he learn to read in jail ? I feel that he should be monitored very closely by everyone who has seen his fine photo . As I said yesterday , I believe that we have far too many individuals ( Scum ) already in our small community and having them walk or drive around our streets  is a risk considering the amount of young ones out there .  I still question his reason for such a quick release .

Speaking of…  Who is the person in your photo?  I’m pretty sure you don’t look like this:

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

So now someone is going to pick on my suit . I admit that I do not play a doctor on TV.

Not to be a nitpicker here, but was he charged with statutory rape or rape of a minor? The notice simply said he was a violent sex offender. It said nothing about any relations with children. If his crimes involved children, would the conditions of his release not have included staying away from schools or informing the police of a relationship with someone who had children? It doesn’t. this leads me to believe that his crimes didn’t involve children. So where’s this “risk to your young ones” you’re talking about?

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not saying that what he did is excusable, nor am I saying that the RCMP shouldn’t have circulated a warning about him.  But painting him as someone who is a threat to your “young ones” serves only to add pointless rhetoric to a situation, and stirring up tension and emotion in a situation that already has too much of both.

And while I do agree that he should be monitored very closely by all the members of the community, I also think that this kind of talk could lead to a type of vigilanteism that will do more harm than good in the end: either someone could try and confront him for no reason and get themselves hurt, or they could go too far and end up in jail themselves, while he goes free because now he’s the victim.

Bottom line: know the facts. Keep your eyes open. Be good citizens. But don’t do something stupid you’ll regret.

Your resident jailer knows a ton about this guy and this situation. He also knows not to risk his job by posting things in an open forum.  :smiley:

Mike

Well we surely understand your position, though we’ll miss your informative consultations.  :neutral_face:

Pfft, nobody important reads these forums :smile:

I heard last night that he was arrested at the Commercial on Monday night. Perhaps this is just a rumour.  If he’s still out there, I would suggest that if any of you male readers run into him, just invite him for a beer and then call the RCMP immediately so we can get him of our streets.

Well I saw him this morning near Papa Jazzie’s , bars were not open yet so the word is he is still in the community and on the Blvds.

Why did this fool move back to town? He obviously has no friend here. I think he just need some direction. A long walk off a short dock.

Well I’m not happy he’s here as I’ve got two children; so I worry about freaks like him.  But, he’s served his time, he’s a free man.  There’s not too much we can do about him.  Hopefully he’ll try to blend in and adjust to normal living.  Maybe if everyone leaves him alone he’ll fit in better.

I am not positive    but i think this guy was the guy who raped a 24 year old girl outside the highliner . This was a girl i went to high school with. Served his time, come on. If my friend didn’t here here scream from here room in there highliner and called the cops. She would have died. Our court system is a joke. If u fraud the gov. u go to jail for 10 years, but if u rap your neighbour you go to jail for 2.

Hey, I agree with you, man!  Society values money more than human life.  You can murder someone in a hot-blooded rage in a bar and get less time than if you steal a lot of money.  I don’t get it either. :confused:

Where is Superman when u need him to kick some ass.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

I highly support two year jail sentences for people who rap.  :smiley:

Mike

Now Mcay makes TWO of High risk offenders to reside in our Town, Remember Richard Firth, he is the other High risk offender Living in Our Town, I think the Two of them should be Removed and Sent To Live in Vancouver, I think HERB POND has this type of Authority to have these Chits Removed from our Town, as Taxpayers of Rupert, We should get this to City Hall!

Its my understanding, from a very credible source, that this piece of shit did his “work” in the Vancouver area.  He moved here because he is from this area (Port Simpson, I’m told)  and his family still lives here.