Re: High Risk Sex Offender-Public Interest Notification

www.rcmp-bcmedia.ca/index2.jsp
recent news/press release dated jan 13

High Risk Sex Offender- Public Interest Notification

The RCMP has issued a public interest warning under the Privacy Act of Canada regarding a dangerous sex offender who poses a high risk of serious violence.

MCKAY, Ronald Lawrence - 43 years old
Height - 5’6" and 194 lbs
Brown eyes and Dark Brown long hair
Many tattoos on his upper body
Several tattoos on his left hand and wrist including a cross on his left middle finger

Ronald Lawrence MCKAY was released from Mountain Federal Corrections Institution on January 12th, 2007 and police believe he planned to reside in Prince Rupert, BC but his whereabouts is currently unknown. Most recently, MCKAY was convicted of three charges including Assault, Assault with a Weapon, and Sexual Assault with a Weapon.

Ronald Lawrence MCKAY is considered Highly Dangerous to the Public. There is a high risk that MCKAY will re-offend violently against a female including a sexual assault. MCKAY’s has an extensive criminal history that includes violent sexual offences and weapons related offences.

MCKAY is subject to many court ordered conditions including:

• To keep the peace and be of good behavior
  • Not to possess, carry, or own any weapons including knives except for carving and for the immediate preparation and consumption of food
  • Not to consume or possess any alcohol or controlled substances
  • Not to attend any licenced premise or establishment where alcohol is the primary commodity for sale
  • Not to be outside his residence between 11:00pm and 6:00am
  • To immediately inform a Probation Officer of a relationship with any intimate partner and to consent to that partner being informed of his Criminal Record in the presence of a Probation Officer
  • Not to possess any needles or syringes
  • Must submit to having his picture taken by any Peace Officer at any time
  • Must report to the RCMP and Probation within 48 hours of his release from custody and thereafter as directed
  • Must reside in a place approved by a Probation Officer and must not change that address without prior written approval of a Probation Officer
  • Not to leave the Province of British Columbia without approval of a Probation Officer
  • Attend and participate in assessments and counseling as directed by a Probation Officer

Should you note any suspicious behavior including, but not limited to a breach of these conditions, please contact the Prince Rupert RCMP Detachment at (250)624-2136.

image included in url

Keep your doors locked!

"Ronald Lawrence MCKAY is considered Highly Dangerous to the Public. There is a high risk that MCKAY will re-offend violently against a female including a sexual assault. MCKAY’s has an extensive criminal history that includes violent sexual offences and weapons related offences. " 
Soooo, why is he out exactly??

MCKAY is subject to many court ordered conditions including:

• To keep the peace and be of good behavior
  • Not to possess, carry, or own any weapons including knives except for carving and for the immediate preparation and consumption of food
  • Not to consume or possess any alcohol or controlled substances
  • Not to attend any licenced premise or establishment where alcohol is the primary commodity for sale
  • Not to be outside his residence between 11:00pm and 6:00am
  • To immediately inform a Probation Officer of a relationship with any intimate partner and to consent to that partner being informed of his Criminal Record in the presence of a Probation Officer
  • Not to possess any needles or syringes
  • Must submit to having his picture taken by any Peace Officer at any time
  • Must report to the RCMP and Probation within 48 hours of his release from custody and thereafter as directed
  • Must reside in a place approved by a Probation Officer and must not change that address without prior written approval of a Probation Officer
  • Not to leave the Province of British Columbia without approval of a Probation Officer
  • Attend and participate in assessments and counseling as directed by a Probation Officer

BUT… “his whereabouts is currently unknown.” That’s very reassuring.

I sure like the idea of this Parasite’s photo being on here but the next best step is have it around town for everyone to see and be aware . There are far too many of these kinds of scum running around this community already .

Update of status of high risk sex offender, released by courts and residing in Prince Rupert.

Update MCKAY Arrested for Breach of Release Conditions January 15th, 2007, Prince Rupert BC - At approximately 8:00 pm, January 14th, members of the Prince Rupert RCMP arrested Ronald Lawrence MCKAY for breaching the conditions of his release. MCKAY was required to report to the Prince Rupert RCMP by 10:30am that morning but failed to do so.

With information that MCKAY was on route to Prince Rupert aboard a commercial bus, members stopped and boarded that bus on Highway 16 near Prince Rupert. MCKAY was arrested without incident.

MCKAY appeared in Prince Rupert Provincial Court Monday afternoon, charged with three counts of Breach of Recognizance. He was released by the court and will be residing in Prince Rupert.

–>Steve Richards, Cst.Prince Rupert Media Relations / Community Policing100 6th Ave WEstPrince Rupert, BC V8J 3Z3Phone: (250)627-0764Fax: (250)627-3013Email: media

I’m just curious: does anyone know what his jail sentence was, and/or how long he actually served?

wow he lasted a whole 3 days. Sounds rehabilitated to me.

He appeared in court this afternoon and yes, he has been released.

Mike

I was very glad to see that Pineridge Elementary circulated his photo and particulars in a newsletter today.  I hope every other school did the same.

Yep, every school did, smartass:-)

Yeah there you go again , another smooth move on behalf of the courts , how the f*^k can we win . Diddlers should be used for science projects one piece at a time . At least we now know what it looks like . What is the courts reseason for the release , Charter of Rights or is it that he is just pleading insanity because he is .

I tried to do a search on Canlii

canlii.org

But I can’t find him

Agreed.  I also find it hard to understand why this freak is in our town.  If this guy is so dangerous why is is free to wander the streets?  Perhaps he got paroled because he behaved himself in prison.  Sheesh. :confused:

plastinate the punk !

[quote=“Justin Case”]
What is the courts reseason for the release…[/quote]

It was probably just a simple PTA that got him released.

The notice didn’t say anything about him being paroled.  It just said that he had been released.  It’s entirely possible that he’d served the full term of his sentence and they had to let him go.

Probably he served his full time, but didn’t show much in the way of rehabilitation. Most likely he refused the required attendance at counselling sessions or exhibited less than forward progress in his sessions.

That would be why the notice would be made public. If at the time of release he is still considered a risk to society they issue these public warnings.

Not sure why he would come here, since he’s not exactly going to blend into a small community like he would in a larger place. 

If someone served a full sentence, would there still be conditions on release?

For offences like that… I sure as hell hope so.  His sentence was probably less than 2 years, and hasn’t learned a damn thing while away.

I think that if they haven’t shown proper dedication to the program they were involved with in prision. then yes they end up with conditions.

Perhaps our resident jailer could offer up some guidelines as to the law in general in these situations… :wink: