Re: Election Results

I will add that into my
Random Canadian Afghan Mission Objective Generator
before I sell it to the Tory Spin Doctors.

If we just bleed enough, they too can choose to stay home and watch playoff football AND a hockey game. We might even be able to get them to use balls and pucks instead of human heads… :smiley:

Here’s the Numerical List of the lucky buggers:

MAYOR:

1836 - Jack Mussallem
1646 - Don Scott

COUNCIL:

1892 - Nelson Kinney
1891 - Joy Thorkelson
1863 - Shiela Gordon-Payne
1563 - Kathy Bedard
1429 - Anna Ashley
1418 - Gina Garon

SCHOOL BOARD:

2187 - Tina Last
1850 - Bart Kuntz
1719 - Russell Wiens
1550 - Louisa Sanchez
1448 - Terri-Lynne Huddlestone
1110 - Leonard Alexcee

/E & O E

Link to the unofficial results from The Northern View.  Congratulations to the winners. :smile:

The Northern View

Agreed!!

I agree too /// I dont understand how Kathy did so well…

I dont care that she lives in Port Ed…  thats never been an issue for me, but she misses so many meetings…

Is there any where to see all the candidate’s totals?

princerupert.ca/elections/

Does anybody know who got elected as rural school trustee?
I think there were only four candidates Barry McDonald, Janet Beil, Pamela McArthur and Vernon Eli.
Who won the seat?

Just got the information for Port Edward.

Dave Macdonald wins the Mayor’s seat against Christine MacKenzie 162 to 70.

Incumbent councillor Murray Kristoff received the most votes for council with 181, followed by incumbent James Brown with 137. They will be joined by Dan Franzen and Knut Bjuorndal, with 130 votes and 122 votes respectively.

Janet Biel won the rural seat voting in Port Edward with 81 votes, 18 more than incumbent Barry McDonald.

Just to add a bit of information, the Rural Trustee seat is not just Port Edward votes.  It includes: Metlakatla, Dodge Cove, Oona River, Kitkatla, Hartley Bay and Port Simpson. 

You’re correct, changed the wording to reflect those were the results from Port Edward.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to offer everyone my heartfelt thanks for your support in the election. I am looking forward to working towards a better future for our city.  I am deeply grateful for being given the opportunity to represent the citizens of Prince Rupert on city council.

Thank you again.  

Sincerely,

Anna Ashley

Congratulations, Anna.  We all know that you will do us proud on City Council.  Although the road to recovery for Prince Rupert may seem out of reach, I do, however, know that you will bring about the change that we need. 

Congratulations, Anna!!  I’m very happy that you were elected yesterday! :smile:

Congratulations Anna!  I hope you do well. 

Congrats Anna

Does anybody know who won the rural trustee seat?  I see that Janet Beil won Port Edward, but there are also the outlying communities to tally.  I think this position will be a very important one, given the rest of the trustees’ various positions on closures, Bill 33, labour relations, etc.

I think Jack is going to have his hands full at the “monthly” meetings!!  :smiley: :smiley:

I’m disappointed Erika didn’t get in but pleased that Anna did.