Re: A Thing of Beauty:-)

Heh-heh, yeah. :smile:

Thanks, man:-)  I’ll pass on your comments to her.  Yes, I think she did make a good decision.

Thanks, just set-up Mail with IMAP and my gmail account.  It works very nice indeed! :sunglasses:

Yes it looks very nice, very stylish even though I’m not really into Macs.  Are the keys on it backlit?  If not, they should be made that way.

The more expensive models have lit keys, but not in the way most keyboards lights work.  On most backlit keyboards, the light is under the keys.  On the Macbook Pro (and perhaps the Air?) the light is in the keys themselves.  So that the letters and numbers on top of the keys are lit, not the keyboard.  Very cool effect.

I bet that would have a very interesting look but I think I would prefer the entire keyboard to be lit up, not just the letters and numbers.

No, it’s the actual letters and numbers and symbols on the keys that are lit up.  All of the keys.  Rather than the usual approach, which is a light under the keyboard (but the keys themselves are dark).  So it’s like you can’t see through the keys except for the symbols themselves, which are transparent.

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Here’s my desktop, plus screenshots.  It’s the new Macbook (just like your daughter’s, Hitest).

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Very cool, MiG.  :sunglasses:
My daughter is loving her Macbook, she’s happily playing on-line games, litening to music, chatting with MSN.
I’ve used it a bit and I’ve set-up accounts for all of us.  I love a real multi-user OS. 
Unix rocks.  Stable, secure, perfect. :smiley:

Nice computer MiG, but wasn’t your old MacBook under 2 years old?  And I thought you gave up playing WoW.  j/k

I did quit WoW back in June.  Just started a couple of weeks ago.

The old Macbook has a new owner :wink:

What server do you play on Mig?

Spinebreaker.

I’m on Kargath and Deathwing.

how much did this laptop come up too exactly? that is a nice laptop.

It was a little over 1200.  It comes stock with 2 GB RAM.  Thank you. :smiley:

Did you order it from the education store?  Not only will you get a small discount, you’ll get the education support people when you call for help.

Yeah.  I ordered it from the education store:-)

I’m sure the new owner is very appreciative!