RC Planes

Just wondering if anyone here is interested in RC planes?  Or knows of a local club interested in RC.  I’m thinking of getting started as it might be a good hobby for my son and I.

I haven’t heard of any local clubs lately, but it would be an interesting hobby. Especially for a dad and his son.

Yes there are some of us flyers in Prince Rupert. We currently don’t have a flying field but we do fly. We also have our planes on floats and fly out at Prudome lake. e-mail me at dcarlson@citytel and we can get in touch
Apollo

[quote=“Apollo[DM4]”]
Yes there are some of us flyers in Prince Rupert. We currently don’t have a flying field but we do fly. We also have our planes on floats and fly out at Prudome lake. e-mail me at dcarlson@citytel and we can get in touch
Apollo
[/quote]

I was just going to suggest this…

[quote=“Apollo[DM4]”]
We currently don’t have a flying field but we do fly. We also have our planes on floats and fly out at Prudome lake. [/quote]

Does this mean you have to have special permission to fly?  For example, if Roosevelt field isn’t being used could someone start flying there until other people wanted the field?

Not allowed to do that…

I had two Planes hanging in my house, I gave them two a buddy, two fricken big, I like to try the smaller ones or the micro planes for indoor flying, that would be fun. I bought the electic air hogs that was fun would stay in the air for a few min but in winds it would loose control of it. haha fun stuff

A buddy of mine just bought a Indoor r/c heli RTR for 250$ from victorai brand new :smile: its wicked.

Pics, dimensions? I’m close to ordering one. Not sure which model I want. The smaller the cooler. If that nanocopter ever goes retail I’ll buy one. Something like 3grams, and 3" diameter.

U talking to me ?

horizonhobby.com/Products/De … D=EFLH1100

Very interesting stuff, I had no idea that rc planes/helicopters were so diverse.  Those mini-helicopters look like a lot of fun, and for indoors too.

Ok I have to ask. Why?

U have to be a certain distance from an airport or float plane base, people have flown at ridley, cool to watch.

Crazy huge for indoors! 20" long? I’m going to order a mini one from thinkgeek right now…

Ok… just how high do these things fly? Seems silly to me but I guess it probably does to many people.

I was looking at ordering one of the tiny indoor RC helicopters a while back but when I researched it it turned out they broke too easily.

They only break easy if you don’t know how to fly them, they are awesome kits, very stable and very easy to work on.

The cheap ones at the source or shopping channel last for about an hour

What happens after that? Does the driveline wear out?

No you recharge it :smile: