RC Planes

We’ll see. I’m sure I ordered the lowest quality, bottom of the barrel rc helicopter known on earth, so if it lasts more than an hour, which I expect it to do, I’ll be sure to let you know.

$8 bucks on ebay for the Syma Fairy.

I got one of those Mini Hughes 300 Syma Fairy indoor helicopters. This thing rocks!  :smiley:
it was about $21.00 from brohauns.com
I’m having a blast with it… It was advertised as a PicooZ killer and Ihave to tell ya… it really out flys my Picoo any day  :sunglasses: Brohauns had really good feedback on ebay but I ordered it off of their website… it saved me a few bucks and it arrived really fast. I’m really pleased with the heli and the website. Anyone looking for an indoor heli should really give the Mini Hughes 300 Syma Fairy a try. well worth it imho…

I want one and I will put my spy cam on it, OMG that would rock…

i was just at the source and they had the Micro Mosquito Mini RC Helicopter, cost $60.00 + dollers, on the site brohauns.com/  its $26.95 even with exchange and duties it is alot less then 60.00 dollers

I just bought a Mini mosquito from The Source. About 90 bucks. Dual rotor heli. Takes about 20 mins to charge and lasts about 8 mins in the air. Small and light and fun to fly.

RC can go quite high in the air, little tail rotor so you can fly forwards and back. Its a fun little toy.

I bought mine off some site paid 26.00 dollars for mine, Man you got ripped off.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, I saw your post about brohauns.com and their Micro Mosquitos and I wanted to say I got one there too. I can’t believe the price! It was shipped really fast and they carry spare main rotor blade sets for cheap. I love mine… coolest little heli I have  :sunglasses:

Hey I was hanging around doing some work related activities on sunday of last week and I was pretty impressed by the planes that were flying around at the Rivtow site in the Industrial park.  Looked very cool.

Went and picked up my Syma Fairy. I think it’s a knock-off, came from china and says faity on it haha. Anyway, it flies pretty well for the price. I did already break the tail rotor by trying to fly it on the deck during a thunderstorm… It came with spares, no biggy. Can’t wait to actually charge it for more than 5 minutes and fly it around the shop tomorrow… Totally painting it viper racing yellow and black and putting company stickers on it.

Yes we fly our planes at the old rivtow site. Usually on sundays. If you come out please be very carefull. If you see a plane in the sky please don’t drive over until it has landed. As for r/c chopers be very carefull which one you buy. If they are gas powered, they are very hard to learn to fly and are expensive to fix. The small mini choppers are probably the best way to go. As for flying at Roosevelt  it is not recommended. You will need to get insurance to use remote controlled devices. The small micro ones you can probably get away with flying there.

I know that I’m digging up a pretty old thread here, but it was the only one that I could find that had anything about an RC Hobby club. It sounds like there were a few RC modelers in Prince Rupert in 2007, are there still any in 2014? I’ve been thinking of trying it out as a hobby, and just wondering if any of you have any tips for me, good places to fly etc.

Saturday or Sundays 10 Am- 3 pm Roosevelt Park the guys are there flying planes and helicopters, fun to watch and the guys will fill you in on any questions you may have…

We are currently flying on Saturdays and Sundays at Roosevelt school

Cool, thanks! I’ll come check it out some time.

FYI, the cheap EPO foam stuff from China (Bananahobby/Etc.) is kind of junky, but I bought a few aircraft last summer from them and other retailers without taking a painful dive into a cost:destruction ratio. During a sale, $100 bucks might land you an easy to fly 6’ glider/trainer style aircraft/radio/etc. that isn’t twitchy and easy to repair. A model with a top mounted pusher prop may also save you from purchasing a lot of props, shafts, motor mounts, etc.

I say EPO, because even if you crash these things hard enough to break them into several pieces, some Gorilla glue, water and toothpicks will have it back together again in a matter of minutes, usually… The stuff is tough! I have an 8 footer that had a radio failure and did a 100% power-on uncontrollable dive from about 200m up, and hit the ground at such a high speed that the straw field actually penetrated fuselage, wings, you name it. It was literally stuck to the earth. I still fly it after half a bottle of glue and some BBQ skewers…

Just my 2 cents on a cheap entry to the hobby!