Projector 399$ New!

Is this a great deal or what
futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde … &langid=EN

yngwie CAN YOU BE any less descriptive?  :neutral_face:

only downside i see is 800 x 600, i would want better then that…1800 lumens is good,

Yeah but 399, thats the cheapest one Ive come across.  I always wanted one, so I bought it.

Great for powerpoint presentations, but probably not good for multimedia/home theater.

Cheap devices aren’t always that good, but if that’s what you wanted then go ahead.

BTW, what are you planning on using it for?

Can you have the resolution on your comp at 1152x864 running through the projector that only supports 800x600

I’ll give you a better solution:

Cancel the order.

I have to agree with you , this is a cheap CHEAP projector, really not good for HT, i bet it will look like horrid SHIT.

Costco had really nice ones, i did mount our $5000 Sony xbr one on the ceiling in our home theatre room, NOW thats a pannel.

What kinda screen you projecting onto ? That makes a huge difference on the picture.

Ill get a good screen.  Im not to picky about quality.  Its mainly for downloaded movies and emulated games (nes, snes, mame).  It will only get used in a dark room, never during the day.  If I dont like it, I could probably sell it for the price I paid to someone. 

U got 30 days to return it :stuck_out_tongue:

Im pretty sure Ill like it.  If not ill get a better model.  I wouldn’t want to pay more then 1000

They are selling pretty fast, I bet they will be sold out tonight

Well alot of things sold out today, we had 3900 people out side our store at 6am when we opened, it was soooooo hard to move around. I just got home too!

costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp … =C&topnav=

Optoma’s HD32 is a native 720p, high‑definition home theatre DLPâ„¢ projector. By incorporating the finest HD technologies, including BrilliantColor
â„¢ to colour processing technology, the Optoma HD32 delivers vivid images and amazing colour clarity. With outstanding functionality and value, the HD32 demonstrates the ability of delivering a brilliant projected picture without compromising performance.

The bundle includes a 92‑in. matte white manual pull‑down HDTV screen. The Panoviewâ„¢ screen delivers a vibrant picture and is ideal for the home theatre viewing environment. A stylish housing allows flush mounting to the ceiling or wall. An easy, pull‑down level locking system fits a variety of projection formats.

Optoma HD32 DLPâ„¢ Home Theatre System Includes:

Optoma HD32 DLPâ„¢ projector
      92-in. manual pull‑down Panoviewâ„¢ DS9092PM matte white screen
      S-Video cable
      Composite video cable
      Component video cable
      AC power cord
      Remote control
      Batteries for remote control
      Lens cap
      User manual
      Quick start guide

Optoma HD32 DLPâ„¢ Projector Features:

1100 ANSI lumens
      4000:1 contrast ratio
      720p native (1280 x 720) resolution
      Aspect ratio: 16:9 (native) with 4:3, LBX support
      Single 1.57 cm (0.62 in.) DarkChip2â„¢ digital light processing technology by Texas Instruments
      HDTV compatible with 720p, 1080i, 1080p
      Supports VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, SXGA resolution
      Noise level: 28 dB
      Picture size: 0.8 m to 7.9 m (33.55 in. to 310 in.)
      Keystone Correction: Digital Horizontal and Vertical
      I/O connectors:
      1 x HDMI input
      1 x VGA input
      1 x Component video input
      1 x S-Video input
      1 x Composite video input
      1 x RS-232 output
      Lamp type: 200 W UHP
      Bulb life: 2000 hours (normal use)

92-in. Manual Pull‑down Panoviewâ„¢ Screen Features:

92-in. diagonal screen
      114 cm x 203 cm (45 in. x 80 in.) viewing area
      16:9 widescreen format
      100-degree viewing angle
      Matte white screen surface designed to enhance black levels and contrast
      Durable octagonal casing can be wall or ceiling mounted
      Easy pull-down level locking mechanism

Specifications:

Dimensions (L x W x H):
      Projector:
      26.4 cm x 25.7 cm x 9.4 cm
      (10.4 in. x 10.1 in. x 3.7 in.)
      Weight: 4.1 kg (9 lb.)
      Screen:
      228.6 cm x 10.16 cm x 10.16 cm
      (90 in. x 4 in. x 4 in.)
      Weight: 9.1 kg (20 lb.)

Warranty:

90 days on lamp
      1 year parts and labour on projector and on screen

Shipping & Terms

Standard shipping via UPS Ground is included in the quoted price. The estimated delivery time will be approximately 10 - 15 business days from the time of order.

Costco.ca offers merchandise which complements our warehouse product selection. Therefore, most items available on our web site are unique to costco.ca.

Costco.ca products can be returned to any of our more than 500 Costco warehouses worldwide.
[Model HD32 DS9092PM]

That’s how our economy should be, people buying absolutely useless things because they want to and like the price.
Use that CapitalOne card too… only criminals use cash.

jason is 1100 ANSI lumens abit low? what kind of light in the room would be the min

i am not sure, but i have a website some where on this laptop that i can find for you to help you out, i mainly install plazma-lcd with wall mounts and articulating arm’s with other complicated installed tems.

A good place is diyaudio.com sign up and use the projector forum part, ill look for the link for ya.

Jase

thanks Jason will do… :smiley:

Where are you working Jason?

Futureshop In Nanaimo :stuck_out_tongue:

I went into Future Shop in Nanaimo yesterday.  The line up was INSANE.  And what’s with everyone beeping when they walk out, but the guys standing there just letting them through?  I bet you guys lost a lot of $$ yesterday!