Prince Rupert Fire/Rescue working on fire at Bowling Alley

Fire crews continue to work on fire at old Totem Lanes…

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … ng-on.html

Another fire takes down a PR landmark. Fire at the bowling alley early this morning. Sad, always hoped someone would reno and revive the building. I moved here as it was on it’s way out but can imagine the fun the town had during it’s hay day !

It’s amazed me since living here since the 60s how many times fires occur… The place was likely pretty rotten as to me it always smelled moldy in later years… sad but I never expected a reopening … maybe the boom will see a new one built … :smile:

Still burning, have the entire block shut down

That’s too bad, I spent soooo much time there as a kid in the 70s. Maybe this opens up room for something better.

From capt cote

Wonder how bad is it from the inside.

Speaking of flames… You pay how much for fire protection and they havent been able to save any of these classic heritage sites. Shameful. I say you replace your fire dept, get 300 volunteers (men, women cant do real work), 600 fire exstinguishers and a few tricycles with horns and sweet streamers on the handlebars. Fire engine red of course. Im sure they could do a better job. You can do a lot with just 300 men i hear.

What a bunch of bull shit. What the hell are you talking about classic heritage sites?? Tell me which fire was in a classic heritage site, all I’ve seen is mostly run down pieces of crap where the owners didn’t care what happened to the building. Two fires that I can remember that they had no chance with were the Elizabeth apartments and Seal Cove storage. Also I did fire restoration for a number of years and have seen first hand the great job our firemen do.

Bullshit, our fire dept does all it can with it’s limited equipment. Imagine how much equipment and manpower would be at a fire of the same size in a larger city such as Vancouver or Edmonton.

And as for for “heritage sites” I agree completely with Gracies Mom. What a joke

I’ve seen much more capable fire departments (i.e.: with 10 times as many firefighters and equipment) do the exact same thing. If there’s nobody inside, then why risk injury or death of firefighters?

Standard operating procedure is to contain the fire and let it burn, isn’t it?

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

What a bunch of bull shit. What the hell are you talking about classic heritage sites?? Tell me which fire was in a classic heritage site, all I’ve seen is mostly run down pieces of crap where the owners didn’t care what happened to the building. Two fires that I can remember that they had no chance with were the Elizabeth apartments and Seal Cove storage. Also I did fire restoration for a number of years and have seen first hand the great job our firemen do.[/quote]

The commercial was clearly a historical site of great significance to Prince Rupert as was this building. More could have and should have been done. Its very disappointing they were too chickenshit to risk their lives to save these historical landmarks. I feel like back in the day firemen had balls but now with the rise of feminism and the vaginafication of our fire departments we’re stuck with a bunch of pussies tasked with our protection.

Disappointing.

What a joke. The Commercial was not a significant piece of Prince Rupert history, nothing historical about the architecture. It was bar that many people enjoyed. But that doesn’t make it special. There was no attempt by the owner to do any work on it. It was falling down rotten. Same with the bowling alley. I image jesus you think the Belmont and Empress are classic buildings.

Some of you seem to have missed the fact that Jesus is trolling you.

Absolutely. Classic buildings, classic people. I mean we honor the empress’ twin in Victoria why not prince rupert? Why do the fat cats always ignore prince rupert. It’s pretty blatantly either racism or classism. I’m really not sure which.

What was your clue?

heritage sites? the 300 men reference? women can’t do real work? tricycles? fire extinguishers?

Jesus is a wonderful troll. Reread his comments about city hall. Are we actually supposed to believe that he hates Jack, thinks councilors are morons and wants citywest sold or is he really a closet supporter, baiting the rest of us?

I’m pretty sure jesus is filling in for saltybear because… where is saltybear?

[quote=“DWhite”]

What was your clue?

heritage sites? the 300 men reference? women can’t do real work? tricycles? fire extinguishers?

Jesus is a wonderful troll. Reread his comments about city hall. Are we actually supposed to believe that he hates Jack, thinks councilors are morons and wants citywest sold or is he really a closet supporter, baiting the rest of us?[/quote]

You know sometimes im serious, sometimes im not. Its a mixed bag… But there is a lot of stupidity down at city hall.

Ps. I fill in for no one, if anything they fill in for me.

Update: Fire investigation now in hands of the RCMP

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … ow-in.html