Prince rupert cops bust tomato crop

I’m not trying to foster anything, but in reality the cops (good or bad) have a job that most people would not want to have.  i just know that personally if I had the urge to indoor garden I would let BC Hydro know to avoid exactly what happened to this guy.  yeah it would be the pits I would think to be handcuffed etc, but on the flip side, if I didn’t know what I was getting into, SAFETY FIRST?

I think you’re far too passive and accepting.  We’ve gone too far when a person cant have a garden without fear of the RCMP kicking down their door. Notify BC hydro? are you kidding.

A lot of assumptions are being made here. How does anyone know that it was the hydro bill alone that led to this?

Well, i have had my door kicked in more than once over the last couple decades and I know this much, a call from b.c. hydro wont make it happen, no judge is going to sign a warrant with only that tidbit of information, period. there are any number of modern devices that could be using large amounts of power, it could be anything and as such no judge will sign off on just that, someone most likely saw the light spilling out from under a door, that combined with a large power usage might be enough but even then the judge who signed the warrant should be answering as to why the raid was permitted, under what grounds as there was obviously false information provided as there was no illegal plants.
    To be honest it almost sounds like a set up to make a fool of the cops, I cant see growing anything other than pot plants under lights that run through the power meter as being profitable. I think the pot laws are far too dated and need to be revised, its a huge waste of resources busting small time pot farmers, regulate and tax the fucking shit and leave us all alone goddamn it this busting pot smokers and growers is nothing short of a modern day witch hunt. If I was the one to revise the drug laws I would completely decriminalize pot and all narcotics straight across the board and take the millions that is currently going to enforcement and put it towards preventative education and treatment options for addicts. I would completely remove the subject of narcotics from the legal system and give it in its entire scope to the medical community where it belongs, this is truly the only sane approach to this problem.

I notice the Troopers seem rather mean aroun here at times, some kin a walk like they seen John Wayne too much. I think this boy who complained to the rag is hidin somethin and he aint tellin the whole story. I reckon I could be wrong but for now that is what I believe, soundin like a switch arro.

Hey, I gotta agree with you there.  I know some RCMP guys, and I’m sure they’re very well trained and do a great job.  I’m also certain that part of the training for entering a suspected grow op is to think of their own safety – handcuffing people, having guns out, that’s not unreasonable at all.

That being said, most of the RCMP guys I know would do what they are told.  If the boss says “hey, this is a grow op, and we’re going to bust it” then they’ll do it, and do it well.

The problem here is that the information was bad for some reason, and whoever is responsible for that information is to blame for this embarrassment.  Not the guys who actually entered the place, I think you’ll find they did exactly what they were supposed to do, guns and all.

And hey, at least while they were busy doing this, there were no tickets being written for only stopping 3.4 seconds at a stop sign.

Just throwing this out there, …

Say I make it look like I am growing POT, around 400 plants,  I do a poor job of hiding it…
I get “busted”  and raise a stink about my rights and get some cash out of it…Because they were only tomatoes…

Maybe I start growing Pot… What are the odds that I will be having my door knocked down in the future…

Or a judge signing a warrwent for my place…?

Actually, that seems kind of brilliant :smile:

SPOOOON!

I am reminded of a very wise man… a man of justice… a fighter of crime…

You know, when a tomato grows out of your forehead, it gets you thinking. What do we know about anything? Life is just a big, wild, crazy tossed salad, but you don’t eat it. No sir. You live it!

Alllrighty then, Sir Ryan of Last…

I think they need to check what kinda stuff you’re growing…
or what you put in your cocoa puffs every morning =P Crazy man.

why go after the little guys? go after the goddamn coke dealers, there the real problem in out little community, frriggen crackheads all over town

The reason is that would take real effort and theres the possibility it might be dangerous for RCMP officers.  It’s much easier to go after small time Marijuana grow ops and wave their arms in the air saying hey look we did do SOMETHING.

Everyone KNOWS who the crack/coke/meth dealers in Rupert are including the cops yet nothing is done. Hell I probably still know who they are and I haven’t lived there in 6 years.

Our police are the worst…No wonder they are called keystone cops.  They don"t do their job.  They arrest people with a few tomato plants and let the drug dealers and other crooks run free.  Way to go R.C.M.P.  What does that yellow stripe up your pantleg represent anyway?  Perhaps its misplaced.

Hmmm, somebody must have been given a traffic ticket recently… :wink:

Lets be real and look towards the Court System, ask them why they keep releasing these dirtbags. RCMP do their job but it is like a shitty day fishing and it turns out as catch and release. RCMP have been doing their work but seriously now what about the Liberal Lawyers…

Good fucking grief… Our tax dollars at work!

Apparently things are running so smoothly around here that the cops have run out of real problems to deal with, and are now instituting some sort of produce pogrom out of what? Sheer boredom? The mind boggles.

Maybe they’re right - maybe tomatoes are a scourge on our community, what with all those veggie-heads lying in doorways with a mouthful of pasta sauce and half crazy on lycopene. Call in the Gazpacho Gestapo!

His reference to The Tick was lost on you  :frowning:

Thats what the police would like you to believe.  Truth is if they did the job properly and made a solid case there would be more convictions.

Ask any criminal lawyer in town how many  dealers they think give police information in exchange for immunity or a botched case i think you may be surprised at the answer

or instead of wasting your tax dollars, giving up your privacy (think hydro usage), and turning everyday productive citizens into criminals they could legalize pot and profit from it. What a shocking concept.

Keep in mind I don’t use marijuana, But I agree with Jesus, Legalize it, tax it and profit from it instead of spending millions fighting it. It’s a war the government cant win. While they are at it increase the penalties for distributing other drugs IE: Cocaine, PCP Heroin…Etc…