Pothash comeing in feb?

From what i hear there will be a big anouncement in feb about the moveing ahead with canpotext project
this will be a big boost for prince rupert,i think we may have to open some schools in the future.

Let the heckling begin…

yes lets open a school for about what 50 workers after all its not as if the schools are overflowing as it is

YAWN

Ajaye making the same kinds of predictions almost two years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14077&start=45

I guess if he predicts the same thing every year, eventually he’ll be right. And people always judge psychics on their successes, and ignore their failures. Last time it was “within weeks” but now he’s stretching it out for 3 months, covering his bases, I guess.

Good luck, Ajaye!

Also, it’s ‘potash’ not ‘pothash’ and it’s ‘canpotex’ not ‘canpotext’.

I think there’s plenty of pothash in town already. Probably employs a lot of people too. :smile:

[quote=“MiG”]Ajaye making the same kinds of predictions almost two years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14077&start=45

I guess if he predicts the same thing every year, eventually he’ll be right. And people always judge psychics on their successes, and ignore their failures. Last time it was “within weeks” but now he’s stretching it out for 3 months, covering his bases, I guess.

Good luck, Ajaye!

Also, it’s ‘potash’ not ‘pothash’ and it’s ‘canpotex’ not ‘canpotext’.[/quote]

Don’t forget, It’s ‘coming’ not ‘comeing’.

Yes from the top i have come to know from a very good source that canpotex will be makeing a important
announcement on its yes potash project sometime after feb 2012.Again this has not been confirmed like
i said before this will be a big boost for our town for jobs.

[quote=“ajaye46”]Yes from the top i have come to know from a very good source that canpotex will be makeing a important
announcement on its yes potash project sometime after feb 2012.Again this has not been confirmed like
i said before this will be a big boost for our town for jobs.[/quote]

Duh, what the …, you like to hear yourself talk don’t you.

“Again this has not been confirmed”

So like, check back with us in February then.

ummmmm didn’t canpotex state that a few months ago they would be making a decision late this year or early next year so not really new news

that’s one of the funniest things I’ve read in a long time. Great pun!

I know they were catching and relocating frogs out in Ridley for a few weeks so there is a possibility this is true. At least something is expanding.

The poutine kind, or the ribbit ribbit kind?

[quote=“Caine”]

The poutine kind, or the ribbit ribbit kind?[/quote]

They would have to destroy bog so I’m going to say ribbit-ribbit kind.

Not sure what their timeline is,but Canpotex sure is in a hurry to get a bunch of vessels. Canpotex 1st vessel built was received last year and they just got their 2nd a week ago.
From the Canpotex website
,“This newly constructed vessel is a symbol of our ongoing commitment to quality and to providing potash to our customers on a consistent and timely basis,” he said, noting that the U-SEA COLONSAY is the second of nine new vessels to be operated by Canpotex through an innovative joint venture with U-Sea Bulk of Copenhagen, Denmark.
“The U-SEA COLONSAY is the first vessel to be named after one of our Member Producer’s Saskatchewan potash mine sites. The first vessel, which made its maiden voyage in November, 2010, was named the U-SEA SASKATCHEWAN after the Province of Saskatchewan. The remaining seven vessels will be named after Saskatchewan’s two main cities (Saskatoon and Regina), and after other Saskatchewan potash mine locations of our Member Producers” Mr. Dechka said.
The U-SEA COLONSAY is a bulk transport vessel, capable of carrying approximately 60,000 metric tons of potash, and is built by Imabari Shipbuilding. It will depart Japan immediately following the delivery and is expected to arrive at Canpotex’s Neptune Terminals facility on Vancouver’s North Shore on November 7 to load Saskatchewan potash for its first maiden voyage.
With long-term customers in approximately 30 overseas jurisdictions that depend on its integrated logistics and handling systems to ensure timely deliveries of Saskatchewan potash, this joint venture provides Canpotex with additional ocean transportation capabilities.
Coordinating about 550 port calls to more than 80 ports annually, Canpotex’s ocean transportation services requires long-term planning. To this end, Canpotex has in excess of US $1 billion in forward commitments for 18 new vessels to be delivered between 2010 and 2014 through various joint venture arrangements, including with U-Sea Bulk.

"
I am guessing all 18 will be west coast based and would think loading 60,000 metric tonnes of potash must take a bit to load,seems reasonable to assume they will be expanding somewhere rather soon.