Post pictures of your car.. I just polished mine

[quote=“goodbytes”]

Intake and exhaust man. Free up the airflow. Go for a turbo-back if you can, cat-back if not.

If your shifter isn’t as smooth as you’d like, try replacing the bushings. Dog Bones and Booger are the two I’d point you towards.[/quote]

Well one thing I know is I am not gonna go with a fart cannon. The plan is to start with the intake adding the intercooler etc, but the bigger turbo might as well go in first then the new injectors and so on. From what I have read on the bc dsm forum this is how its usually done :wink: I dont care so much about hte power right away its more of buying the quality parts up front and my car “growing into it” so I might not be able to push 20psi right away but the capability to do so is there :wink:

Oh and Jason, I already told you your car will not handle as well as it does stock. As soon as you break your front tires loose you will have 0 steering and you will crash. Be very careful :wink:

[quote=“jesus”]Well one thing I know is I am not gonna go with a fart cannon. The plan is to start with the intake adding the intercooler etc, but the bigger turbo might as well go in first then the new injectors and so on. From what I have read on the bc dsm forum this is how its usually done :wink: I dont care so much about hte power right away its more of buying the quality parts up front and my car “growing into it” so I might not be able to push 20psi right away but the capability to do so is there :wink:

Oh and Jason, I already told you your car will not handle as well as it does stock. As soon as you break your front tires loose you will have 0 steering and you will crash. Be very careful :wink:[/quote]

A good flowing exhaust doesn’t have to be a “fart cannon”. All I am saying that you have to allow for all the extra air coming into the motor a place to get out to relieve back-pressure. Intake / exhaust is the best way to see gains, and with a well-built exhaust, all you have to do is unbolt stock pipes, remove, hang and bolt new pipes. We did Tyler’s in an afternoon.

Limited-slip diff. I hear the Integra R’s bolts up nicely.

Yea, I will be installing a 3" exhaust but I will be very careful in choosing a muffler. Right now I love the sound of my car so I am hoping to be able to keep the sound at least similar after the new exhaust.

[quote=“goodbytes”]

Hey man - it’s your car. Whatever you plan to do, more power to ya. 8)

Honestly though, know what you’re getting into. Car people are the most critical, competative, and least-prone to BS people on the face of the planet.

And welcome to the club - having a car that you can be proud of and enjoy is one of the few real pleasures in life.[/quote]

I might just ditch the engine and sell it. Easy to do… And save the money for a Nissan Skyline I see them all around here in van and in vic for at least 20k… most are awd… :smiley: that would be a nicer card than my 89 civic.

Isn’t just a few more years until the R34 or whatever Skylines can be legally imported? Like, there’s thait 15-year waiting period before shit can be imported?

Ill buy a 89 - 90 AWD in canada… There is also a new one that is in japan that is going to start at 180k totally redon car i was just reading about it in my mag…

Wow, my car got mentioned…

I’m not gonna have more than $600 bucks in this thing when I finish. It’s my project car, the it’s sole purpose is because I love building this shit! Today I continue prepping the motor by flipping the exhaust manifolds, and wrapping up the digital ignition install.

I’m shooting for 650ft/lbs of torque, and it needs a perfect idle. It’ll be a completely stock 351w. Supposedly the stock cast pistons will start dying around 12 psi in these motors. If I can find some 351M/C heads, and/or a cheap set of forged slugs, I’ll be aiming for much higher torque numbers…

Straight lines will be fun! The 8.8 rear I picked up for it has 11" drums made for stopping a 5300lb car, so it should stop me. I’ll probably try some F-150 or Ranger springs. It can ride nice and rough, I would like to try some cornering… I was told to pour concrete in the spare tire indentation in the trunk for traction, add subframe connections, strut tower bracing and weld up the torque boxes.

Know what I love about this car though? After I gernade the engine running 17psi, I just walk a couple blocks until I see a rusty old F-250 or a Crown Vic or something, knock on the owners door, tell them I’ll dispose of their car and I have a new motor!

Do you have the link?

The upgrade path on t00ners is a good thing to follow.
dsmtuners.com/tuning-guide/1gturbo/

This isn’t the truck, but I have been driving one very similar.

1995 - Western Star 4964
http://www.equipmentheadquarters.com/uploaded_images/Image662517419566704595989790777.jpg
13 Speed, super fun to drive.

[quote=“orangetang”]This isn’t the truck, but I have been driving one very similar.

1995 - Western Star 4964
http://www.equipmentheadquarters.com/uploaded_images/Image662517419566704595989790777.jpg
13 Speed, super fun to drive.[/quote]

You fly planes, can pilot boats, and now you drive big rigs too? Are you trying to get every type of transportation under your belt? :smiley:

Well,

I decided this would be my first mod vfaq.com/mods/shifter2.html i am half done and man is there a huge difference. :smiley:

Anyone found any sites detailing dual engine FWD cars? I know people have made them–installing a second FWD motor in the trunk, essentially giving you twice the power and AWD.

Not that I’m considering it, I just wanna see some pics!!

[quote=“rangerwreck”]Anyone found any sites detailing dual engine FWD cars? I know people have made them–installing a second FWD motor in the trunk, essentially giving you twice the power and AWD.

Not that I’m considering it, I just wanna see some pics!![/quote]

Google.

I know you’re more interested in DIY rigs, but…

http://www.jeep.com/autoshow/news/hurricane.html

I am finally finished fixing up my shifter a few bashed in knuckles later my car shifts much smoother. Still havnt changed my tranny fluid yet but already there is a great improvement. Doesnt help that when honda put my new transmision in they didnt adjust the shifter linkage properly :unamused:

[quote=“smartass”]

[quote=“orangetang”]This isn’t the truck, but I have been driving one very similar.

1995 - Western Star 4964
http://www.equipmentheadquarters.com/uploaded_images/Image662517419566704595989790777.jpg[/quote]

13 Speed, super fun to drive.

You fly planes, can pilot boats, and now you drive big rigs too? Are you trying to get every type of transportation under your belt? :smiley:[/quote]

I’m not a marine pilot if thats what you mean. I have the boat operator certificate or whatever, but not piloting. Anyhow, the big truck thing is jst part of the job out here. Anyone with a Class 1 license can get a good job up here. I drove the ‘Iron Truck’ from Dawson Creek to Grande Prairie today. I got stuck between gears going through some little place, Hixon?! or something… The scale was closed but I drove over it anyway to see what the truck and trailer were pushing… I hit 10,000-15,000KG or so per axle set, so I guess thats about 70,000lbs… No wonder the thing barely craws up the hills.

[quote=“jleaman”]

[quote=“rangerwreck”]Anyone found any sites detailing dual engine FWD cars? I know people have made them–installing a second FWD motor in the trunk, essentially giving you twice the power and AWD.

Not that I’m considering it, I just wanna see some pics!![/quote]

Google.[/quote]

Geee, I never thought of that one… do they pay you for these good ideas? :unamused:

Cars are fun.
Arguing about them is not.

The main thing about working on your car is doing things your way. Really, don’t listen to everyone else. I drive an '86 Jetta with about 90 horsepower, it’s not exactly a speed demon, but I’ve got my stereo sounding pretty nice right now and, even though there are soooo many things I’d love to do with my car, it’s my car, I love it, and I couldn’t even think of selling it. I bet you guys feel the same way about your cars, so when someone says their SRT-4 is faster than your Cobalt, who cares, you’re happy.

BTW, the Cobalt in Terrace you’re talking about, is it the orange one parked on the lot with the chrome rims? I see that thing 4 days a week, it’s sexy. I just cringe when I saw it sitting there in the snow.

BTW #2… who of you go to the drags in Terrace? I saw some SRT-4s there last year I assumed were from Rupert because I know two or more people in the car club there have them whereas I’ve only seen one in Terrace and it wasn’t the one. I’m at the drags most of the time now. For the end of August one, I got to ride along with my friend driving a green '69 Chevelle SS with a 427 and so much more done to it. Good god, that thing sucks you back in the seat so hard, gotta love it. Let’s just say after that driving the Jetta home was very unsatisfying.

Nothing wets my whistle like cold hard excelleration in a fast car. Its the experience.