Post pictures of your car.. I just polished mine

Still called granny car’s

SRT-4’s are hot. The blow off valve sounds sexy and ranked against 4 other sub-$30,000 sport compact cars, it was the fastest by far.

The 4 other cars were the Acura RSX, Subaru WRX, Chevrolet Cobalt SS and Saturn ION. The list was actually like this:

1. RSX - Best all round, comfort, practicality, not the best performance
  2. WRX - Could have been #1 but bad turbo lag
  3. SRT-4 - Fastest but least comfortable due to racing seats, they found the exhaust note annoying too
  4. SS - Fun car but not all that ‘sporty’
  5. ION - poo

Shows that the SRT-4 isn’t exactly the NEON many people think it is. My sister drives an '04 SX 2.0 and it’s actually a great car, comfortable, drives smooth, decent amount of power, and even a good stock sound system. I’d take the RSX though :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“SteveDVS”]SRT-4’s are hot. The blow off valve sounds sexy and ranked against 4 other sub-$30,000 sport compact cars, it was the fastest by far.

The 4 other cars were the Acura RSX, Subaru WRX, Chevrolet Cobalt SS and Saturn ION. The list was actually like this:

3. SRT-4 - Fastest but least comfortable due to racing seats, they found the exhaust note annoying too
  5. ION - poo

Shows that the SRT-4 isn’t exactly the NEON many people think it is. My sister drives an '04 SX 2.0 and it’s actually a great car, comfortable, drives smooth, decent amount of power, and even a good stock sound system. I’d take the RSX though :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

ill take the wrx with a new intake :smiley: and a change to the down pipe will help turbo lagg.

Forgot to clarify, the Acura is the Type-S.

[quote=“jesus”]
Your car is a dsm too :wink: dsm.org/menu.epl?item=99[/quote]

Actually no. It wasn’t built in the DSM plant, it was built in Japan by short men with thick glasses, white lab coats, and torque wrenches in their back pockets. :laughing: Point taken, though.

Nevermind the vented BOV, try an external dump wastegate for an interesting sound. :open_mouth:

[quote=“steve”]

[quote=“jesus”]
Your car is a dsm too :wink: dsm.org/menu.epl?item=99[/quote]

Actually no. It wasn’t built in the DSM plant, it was built in Japan by short men with thick glasses, white lab coats, and torque wrenches in their back pockets. :laughing: Point taken, though.

Nevermind the vented BOV, try an external dump wastegate for an interesting sound. :open_mouth:[/quote]

Oh the things that will come when I am finally done with my “repair” stage. :unamused:

And you’d still be slower. But you drive a Honda, so you already know all about being slow. How’s that NA boost coming?

[quote=“SteveDVS”]SRT-4’s are hot. The blow off valve sounds sexy and ranked against 4 other sub-$30,000 sport compact cars, it was the fastest by far.

5. ION - poo

Shows that the SRT-4 isn’t exactly the NEON many people think it is. My sister drives an '04 SX 2.0 and it’s actually a great car, comfortable, drives smooth, decent amount of power, and even a good stock sound system. I’d take the RSX though :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Yeah, if you want a fast interior - an RSX is the way to go. A direct quote from the TV segment - “if you want a car to drive to the track, then beat the piss out of everyone there, the SRT-4 is for you.” Another quote about the SRT-4 was “It’s for someone considering an RSX, but who actually wants POWER.”

Quality and reliability? I traded a 2002 Civic Si to get into my Neon. Drove a WRX - the lag was horrendous. Hopefully it’s gone with the 2.5 sitting in the '06 WRX’s bay (from the STi). There’s a beautiful Cobalt SS in Terrace - owned by one of the GM techs I believe - and it’s a nice ride, and fast. However, if you need more than 2 doors you’re screwed.

The SRT-4 is not the end-all, be-all of the fast car. Just look at what a modded Turbo Colt can do (9 sec 1/4 mile). But for the dollar, it’s the best performance bargain out there, and for shits and giggles it comes with a factory warranty. Ching!

[quote=“molten universe”]durr, i knew it was for ‘performance’, im still saying you car sounds retarded. maybe i wouldnt notice it as much if you werent constantly driving loser laps up and down 3rd.

ahaha
beating the status quo into the ground by souping up a dodge neon.[/quote]

Yeah, I suppose the real action is standing around outside Tim Hortons doing fuck all and being cold. Sorry if we enjoy going for a drive in a warm car, and going for a drive in this town involves driving over the same spot more than once.

Remember the infamous head-gasket problem that plagued the first year Neons (1995)? It’s haunted the car ever since. And DCX (Daimler Chrysler Corp) tried changing the name up here to try to get away from that.

Speaking of images that haunt the Neon…

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3331/4x4package6jt.th.png

So, to wash that image away, here’s some better ones;

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/5175/dsc011978du.th.jpghttp://img461.imageshack.us/img461/9011/img001061dc.th.jpg

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3012/0301scc20gsdodge01zoom6ud.th.jpghttp://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3408/0302sccneon02zoom7ss.th.jpghttp://img461.imageshack.us/img461/605/0301scc20gsdodge02zoom7hd.th.jpghttp://img461.imageshack.us/img461/8929/0310sccprojneon01z1qq.th.jpg

By the way, if you are into good looking / nice sounding / fast cars in Rupert, check out the auto club. We’re not all 70s muscle-car fanatics… some of us even own minivans.

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“steve”]

Nevermind the vented BOV, try an external dump wastegate for an interesting sound. :open_mouth:

Oh the things that will come when I am finally done with my “repair” stage. :unamused:[/quote]

Oh do tell. :smiley:

By the way, you have a nice Talon. What do you have done do it so far?

And those of you with AWD - I envy your launch abilities.

And man are AWD spins in the snow fun.

[quote=“goodbytes”]

Oh do tell. :smiley:

By the way, you have a nice Talon. What do you have done do it so far?

And those of you with AWD - I envy your launch abilities.

And man are AWD spins in the snow fun.[/quote]

Well, I havnt gotten around to modifying anything yet :wink: and I am not really a car guy… yet but I am getting there slowly. Among the list of mods i want to do are an intercooler/bigger injectors/turbo new intake… bla bla the usual list of mods done to a turbo talon. I havnt gotten the pleasure of driving my car in the snow yet… sooon though :smiley:

What I have done so far

Myself :

New radiator/ coolant flush working on the interior… lighting new guages etc.

At the shop:

Replaced the transmission/clutch/timing belt/t-case/flywheel/tires

3k later I have a car that works :wink:

Two more repairs to go 1 is a vaccum leak causing idle surge which is lame. the other is minor adjustments to the shifter (its kinda clunky)

Once those are done I will start with the new intake/intercooler, any suggestions on a better way to proceed would be greatly appreciated :smile: as I am a newb.

Oh and of course the ricer wing :laughing: I have to create some drag so the civics can catch up.

[quote=“jesus”]Well, I havnt gotten around to modifying anything yet :wink: and I am not really a car guy… yet but I am getting there slowly. Among the list of mods i want to do are an intercooler/bigger injectors/turbo new intake… bla bla the usual list of mods done to a turbo talon. I havnt gotten the pleasure of driving my car in the snow yet… sooon though :smiley:

What I have done so far

Myself :

New radiator/ coolant flush working on the interior… lighting new guages etc.

At the shop:

Replaced the transmission/clutch/timing belt/t-case/flywheel/tires

3k later I have a car that works :wink:

Two more repairs to go 1 is a vaccum leak causing idle surge which is lame. the other is minor adjustments to the shifter (its kinda clunky)

Once those are done I will start with the new intake/intercooler, any suggestions on a better way to proceed would be greatly appreciated :smile: as I am a newb.

Oh and of course the ricer wing :laughing: I have to create some drag so the civics can catch up.[/quote]

Intake and exhaust man. Free up the airflow. Go for a turbo-back if you can, cat-back if not.

If your shifter isn’t as smooth as you’d like, try replacing the bushings. Dog Bones and Booger are the two I’d point you towards.

For the best bang for buck, I’m gunna have to go with Rangerwreck’s prject car. Its got too many plans to list off, but lets just say its involves a Mustang, a 351, and twin turbos. Total cost undetermined, but definately under 10K. Probably under 5K.

im just about to drop 4k on my engine alone with chip cam and new intake…

and thats why you’re a sucker. The mustang will waste your car, 600+ hp when the stang’s done, not to mention all that low end torque. and the turbos to keep the torque ripping at higher rpms.

mustang can go in a straight line. sure… thats going to be fast but when i or smaller car goes around the corner the mustang will have to slow down.

yeah… true, its purpose is to be a drag car though

But in the straight line he will get such a gap on the small car slowing down or not, he will always kill.

If i wanted a dragg car id have to be ritch and not own a honda it would be more like a Supra.

Wow. Just wow.

First, just because your Honda’s 13" tires spin faster doesn’t mean you go “around corners faster”. There are lots of cars out there that can hand a Honda or an Acura it’s ass with their stock suspension setup. And even if a car handles poorly, a couple hundred bucks to a couple thousand bucks worth of basic suspension mods (strut bars, sway bars, better springs / shocks) that will fix that.

Second, do a Google search on the 9 second Turbo Colt. $2500 for the car, $2500 in mods. It runs 9s in the quarter all day long, then carry’s the guys’ ass to work too. And super-twin-turbo Supra’s are nice - but 1000hp does you no good if the magical word “traction” eludes you.

Any car can be made fast with the right amount of the money. Myself, and a lot of other people, think that the cost to make a Honda fast isn’t worth it. There are better alternatives out there. The Galant VR4 for example - I’ve seen modded VR4s beat Cobra’s into the ground. AWD > the rest of us. If you start with a good platform, you will get better results.

And third, your 4k spent on your engine with “chip, cam and intake” will get you into the 15s in the quarter mile - congrats. Whereas Tyler (who should be in the low 13s with his current setup / high13s to low 14s stock) was to drop $5k on his car for Stage 3, he’d get 385WHP and 380WTQ on 100-octane race gas. And run 12s. And a flip of the switches, and he’s ready to drive in the snow with low boost. Oh yeah, and it’s plug-and-play: no tuning required. Install, close hood, drive.

I happen to like the Cobalt SS. Decent car, decent power. It will outhandle an SRT-4 all day and all night. However, the minute the road straightens, the only view the SRT-4 will have of the Cobalt is of it getting smaller and smaller in the rear-view.

Moral of the story - you have to find the right balance.

8)

[quote=“goodbytes”]

Wow. Just wow.

First, just because your Honda’s 13" tires spin faster doesn’t mean you go “around corners faster”. There are lots of cars out there that can hand a Honda or an Acura it’s ass with their stock suspension setup. And even if a car handles poorly, a couple hundred bucks to a couple thousand bucks worth of basic suspension mods (strut bars, sway bars, better springs / shocks) that will fix that.

Second, do a Google search on the 9 second Turbo Colt. $2500 for the car, $2500 in mods. It runs 9s in the quarter all day long, then carry’s the guys’ ass to work too. And super-twin-turbo Supra’s are nice - but 1000hp does you no good if the magical word “traction” eludes you.

Any car can be made fast with the right amount of the money. Myself, and a lot of other people, think that the cost to make a Honda fast isn’t worth it. There are better alternatives out there. The Galant VR4 for example - I’ve seen modded VR4s beat Cobra’s into the ground. AWD > the rest of us. If you start with a good platform, you will get better results.

And third, your 4k spent on your engine with “chip, cam and intake” will get you into the 15s in the quarter mile - congrats. Whereas Tyler (who should be in the low 13s with his current setup / high13s to low 14s stock) was to drop $5k on his car for Stage 3, he’d get 385WHP and 380WTQ on 100-octane race gas. And run 12s. And a flip of the switches, and he’s ready to drive in the snow with low boost. Oh yeah, and it’s plug-and-play: no tuning required. Install, close hood, drive.

I happen to like the Cobalt SS. Decent car, decent power. It will outhandle an SRT-4 all day and all night. However, the minute the road straightens, the only view the SRT-4 will have of the Cobalt is of it getting smaller and smaller in the rear-view.

Moral of the story - you have to find the right balance.

8)[/quote]

I agree its not worth it to do up a honda… but its not just about speed and beating people its a project for me and learning experiance and soemthing to do :smiley:

Hey man - it’s your car. Whatever you plan to do, more power to ya. 8)

Honestly though, know what you’re getting into. Car people are the most critical, competative, and least-prone to BS people on the face of the planet.

And welcome to the club - having a car that you can be proud of and enjoy is one of the few real pleasures in life.