Pinnacle wood pellet terminal

Okay head down and start protesting we will follow lol hahahahhaha

You’re a nutter. Something tells me your parents never give you a good spanking as a kid.

Ridiculous! Without laws we would have anarchy and unrest. If everyone shared your sentiments and acted upon them we would have complete disorder. As much as you seemingly resent having rules to follow, understand that these laws protect you and help to provide the quality of life that you enjoy.

“For a few extra million they could put it on Ridley.” Have you listened to anything they’ve said? For one, it loses it economic feasibility as the Westview site is already prepped. Secondly, putting it only Ridley could come at a huge cost to the community as we would lose another potential suitor. Potash and an LNG plant are very distinct possibilities for Ridley and they will need the space. Go ahead and protest. You have the right to do that. If you ever think that they’ll do anything other than develop industry on that property you’re fooling yourself.

Also the more you protest the less likely rupert is to get any big industry. Nobody wants to deal with a bunch of militant jackasses who don’t want them doing business there. I’m sure kitimat would gladly take any business you guys dont want :wink:

As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever. - quote from Clarence Darrow
It’s obvious for anyone with a concience that this is wrong and will adversely effect our community for decades a if they build this plant in a residential neighborhood, yes it is zoned industrial but is directly adjacent to residential and this must be taken into account.
And by the way I was spanked plenty as a kid, my mom used a wooden spoon or a piece of kindling.

Seems to me like the housing was built in the industrial ‘neighbourhood’ not hte other way around. Being very anti industry is why your little town is so broke.

[quote=“Hissyfit”]As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever. - quote from Clarence Darrow
It’s obvious for anyone with a concience that this is wrong and will adversely effect our community for decades a if they build this plant in a residential neighborhood, yes it is zoned industrial but is directly adjacent to residential and this must be taken into account.
And by the way I was spanked plenty as a kid, my mom used a wooden spoon or a piece of kindling.[/quote]

It’s not a residential neighbourhood and not one of those houses was built after the old grain elevator was taken down. The industrial activity has, and will continue to be a shadow of what it used to be in the area despite this development. We’re not blessed with a tremendous amount of space in our community so close proximity between residential and industrial will continue. Maybe they never should have put homes on Graham to prevent this from ever being an issue.

My conscience is clear.

Not worth it for ten medium wage jobs, this is not big industry and will bring economic and health problems to thousands , now the mill that supported a thousand families was big industry, would we put a pulp mill in the middle of town? What century are you living in anyhow, did you know it’s the 21st and not the 19th? Not every industry is welcome here, we want above all else, quality of life. Yes Rupert needs money but not at any cost, I bet we could be tax free if we opened a nuclear waste dump station.

10 direct full time jobs but what about the ancillary services that will support this one? Machinists, suppliers, mechanics, etc. Would we say no to ten industries because they were only going to provide ten jobs each? I dont think so. Pulp mill in the centre of town? Now you’re being silly. Apples and oranges. Quality of life some times comes at a cost and what I may consider a high quality of life may be different than you. Even if we were thriving and could afford to say no to this I’d still support it because I believe in what they are doing and where they want to be located.

I bet you live on the east side of town, there used to be beehive burners at seal cove you know, would like to live around those things, if everyone had your attitude they,d still be there!

where do you work if you consider working at the pellet plant medium wage? not many other jobs in town will pay more . the dust is not gonna cause the problems people think . its not gonna be running 24/7. get over and enjoy the fact our town is getting more oppotunities for people

My Dad says that dust is never a problem in Canada’s rainiest City.

You’re right, I do live on the East side. Where the sea planes and helicopters can be noisy and where sun doesn’t hit my house from November to April. The water front is industrialized over here too in case you didnt notice it. The issue of industry on the waterfront is not limited to those on the west end. Beehive burners… Hmmm… If it was up to me the pulp mill, saw mill and fishing industries would all still be strong here but they’re not. We have new opportunities to take advantage of. An empty lot at Westview doesn’t pay the bills or help to reduce my taxes.

I used to live in the west side of town, you’re just being a whiny nutter. Your mom didn’t do a good job at spanking you by the way.

kind of funny reminds me of the Money’s mushroom case a few years back, ppl built up around Money’s mushroom plant down south then complained about noise and smell, then they took Money’s to court, guess what the court said you built around Money’s not the other way around, therefore Money’s doesn’t have an obligation to address their concerns even though they tried, home owners 0 money’s mushroom 1, in other words you build houses around an industrial site even though there has been nothing there for years you take your chances. same thing happened with Vancouver airport’s second runway, ppl bought and built houses around the airport knowing full well the second runway was in the works for 30 years but nothing happened then when they decided to build it they whined and complained about extra noise etc etc etc, guess what the airport won as well.

So there better not be any complaining when the pipeline gets built! It’s industry too you know.

Risk vs Reward. There is much more of a significant risk associated with the pipeline and I’m not sure that it’s worth the payoff. On the other hand, the pellet plant poses a much lesser risk and wish to make a long term commitment to our community. I don’t buy the environmental or safety concerns that have been mentioned about the pellet plant. It doesn’t have the potential to destroy our water ways and fisheries for years. It won’t impact the way of life of those who depend on the ocean. What I see are disgruntled homeowners that are going to lose their view, and are playing up the safety and environmental impact. I sympathize with them to a point but they chose to buy in close proximity to an industrial area that was bound to be re-developed one day.

Yeah, I know. I said something similar in an earlier post. My last post was more tongue in cheek, aimed at the NIMBY’s.

Can people please stop calling this Terminal a plant…it’s not a freaking plant…they r not producing or making anything at this terminal…the product is made at he plant in burns lake…it is being used only for storage and shipping…

Check your can of Money’s Mushrooms; they are now from China.