Pet peeve

Or emoticon usage.

sigh

You erased which should be before your answer.

My pet peeve’s are people who open there doors into traffic, and enter there vehicles without waiting for a break in traffic. Many times I have swerved into the other lane to avoid a door or person getting into there vehicle. I have a beater now and will be car door hunting.

thats definatly on the list,  the other is when you have a short time you can turn left at a light,  and the dick head’s in the oncoming lane space themselves out so you dont get a break in the trafic to go through

Or when people go straight in the turning lane instead of turning, like they’re supposed to. On mcbride of course. :unamused:

My pet peeve is the lack of competition with internet service providers. :imp:

I agree :smile:

Good one,  i’m gonna jump on that bandwagon for sure !

Not surprising given the missing signs and fading pavement arrows.

Also I like to see changes to the same intersection that eliminates lane change to make a left turn onto 2nd Ave and vice versa.

I’ve never been in a town with so many “through streets” that are not through the opposite way…3-way stops at four corners like 6th East and Ambrose or 6th East and Immanuel or Immanuel and 7th East…there’s a couple dozen like that including two- way stops at a three-way intersection, Mcbride and West 2nd being the most notable. And what’s with the seemingly random Yield signs between Sloan and Omineca (on Ritchie or McKay)?  Why is it suddenly allowed to roll through onto the busiest residential street on the west side?

Can you really blame the tourist (or even the newer resident) who doesn’t figure them all out?

All stop and yield signs are just a suggestion are they not. Just ask a taxi cab driver, Turn signals are optional as well.  I enjoy when people stop in the street on 3rd or 2nd and let people in and out, lazy people can’t park and walk.

I fully agree with you logboom on the stopping in the middle to let people out, I lay down on the horn once in a while to those people haha…my other pet peeve is when people open there car doors without even looking haha i swear one of these days i’m going to take a door off & then i’m going to lose it on the people for being so stupid.

I posted that earlier, and I just bought a beater of a truck hoping to get a few doors. It seems that instinct takes over and I swerve to avoid them though, which will only bite me in the ass as it will be my fault for crossing into the other lane. No more, I will hold my lane steady, watch out car doors LOL.

My bad thought I read everything on here :smile: yeah those doors will be flying 1 day down the street…yes It would be our fault for sure crossing the center line dammit.

Won’t be our fault for ripping the door off it’s hinges though, their fair game.

OH i was coming off prb on to 11th east (making a left hand turn) a truck was coming up the RIGHT HAND turn lane… so in thinking we’d turn at the same time staying our respective lanes… i pulled out slowly (thank goodnes) and the dumdum kept going straight he swerved to go around me… THE TRUCK WAS IN THE RIGHT HAND TURN LANE, went over to go straight, if i wasn’t going slow watching the dumdum they would have broadsided me!!! like DUH!!! REALLY!!! if your in a lane that says must turn right in this lane, the other drivers around u should be SAFE to assume u r turning right! RIGHT! lol phew ok thanks got my daily peeve off. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did the truck signaled to turn right? If not, then you shouldn’t pull out then.

Defensive driving my friend…

You have to love the targets, ah I mean pedestrians who “J-walk” on a busy street without even glancing to see if its clear, when they could walk an extra 20-30 feet to a cross walk

Their excuse being “pedestrians have the right of way”

LOL pretty lame excuse after a car hits them and they die, or get seriously injured.

City should invest in pedestrian operated traffic devices for the sheer sake of stupidity, but then it’ll get destroyed in days by kids in “thug” clothes.