Pet peeve

If it is not the pedestrians in rupert then is the drivers in terrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djadLakfbqk)

[quote=“Steel Head”]
If it is not the pedestrians in rupert then is the drivers in terrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djadLakfbqk)

I live in a ‘city’ if you think that’s bad driving boy oh boy do you need to get out more.  The day I brought my daughter home from the hospital some fucking idiot swerves from teh middle lane cuts me off almost hits my front bumper then slams on his breaks… It ended ok because this time there was nobody behind me otherwise we would have been rear ended.

the other day some geriatric old bastard kept swerving over the white line between the lanes going 60km/hr in a 90 not letting anyone pass him… he then without signaling veered off to the right down some dead end road. One could only hope he crashed.

thats on days with great driving conditions you should see the shit that goes on in the rain/snow.  I’m about to head out today so i’ll report back with the douche baggery I encounter if you’d like. [/quote]

Pittbulls aren’t scary dogs, I wish that negative speak would just eff off. It’s the owners that are the problem. You get some idiot who wants to be cool owning a fighting dog and of course the dog is going to be out of control.  :unamused:

Of course, that’s just my own personal bias on dispay when I wonder about pitbulls :rolljavascript:void(0);:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breed-specific_legislation

I can understand the skepticism if a few people get into hysterics over an idea but this seems to be fairly widespread. World-wide, I’d say. Must be an awful lot of idiots in Norway or Singapore or Venezuela or Ontario who want to be cool by owning a fighting dog…if that answer is “yes” then there must therefore be a lot of dogs that are out of control.

Which brings me back to my original trepidation in regard to the number of pitbulls in town.

Your concern should be the number of idiots in town.

Granted, but I don’t expect THEM to bite me. Usually. Sometimes.

Bravo Bubba!  Well said and so true!  While pitbulls are not my favorite breed, I like big, fluffy sucky dogs like Newfies and the like, they do not scare me as a breed in itself but get some weird ass owners and of course any breed will take on aggressive tendencies, maybe even a Newfie!  Might lick you to death  :smiley:

Dogs need strong leadership, and a pack leader. If you have a pack leader that is already agressive, that’s what the dog will be. If you have a pack leader, who isn’t a leader at all, and is the submissive, the dog will then take on the leadership, dominant role. And that’s where you run into problems.

If you see an agressive dog, that owner, obviously, isn’t the dominant one.

Even dogs like Newfoundlanders, and Labradors. (GIGGLES) can become agressive if not trained properly. I’ve seen it.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I install things on rooftops, so today’s pet peeve is adults with the attitude of kids.
Used to get mad at my kids who assumed No meant No for twenty minutes. Then ask again.
I smashed my knee, it’s purple and there’s the lump the size of a softball on one side. I tell people I can’t do the job today because of it, and even if I show them the awful mess they are back the next day asking if it’s better and can I climb up on their roof!
Even had a couple come back THAT AFTERNOON and ask if it was better, a couple who said okay tomorrow then… arghh!

Cheers herbie… time for a beer… :sunglasses:

Ice… And an ice cold beer.

My pet peeve of the day, Slow drivers.
ARGH…

or two…hope your knee heals soon ,herbie!  :-)

slow drivers are being green, burning less gas.

By the way you live in prince rupert enjoy the whole 3 minute drive and dont forget about the poor s.o.b’s  in vancouver that have an hour commute or more lol

just too add to it your one of the people i drive extra slow for when you pull up behind me lol

Lol, I’m just learning how to drive, and when points get docked off for going too slow during a test, it’s nice to be driving at the speed limit. Not driving 20 K in a 50 Zone…

Well c’mon you’d think that they wouldn’t knock off points for other people’s driving habits.

For the record its a speed “limit”  not a must travel at speed lol

you must stay under that speed,  and go no slower than 30 Kms/hr slower,  without using your hazards lol , 

Well, that’s relative, you’re supposed to be going with the flow of traffic. You’re not supposed to hold up traffic either. In a 50, you shouldn’t be going under 40 - 45. (I just took a driving lesson, that’s what he told me.)  Unless of course, you’re in a residential area, then you use your discretion, especially if there’s children playing ETC.

No, they drive slow because:

• They drive either a GM or a Chrysler. Average life of these junks are probably less than 15 years old depending on abuse. Freaking delicate but parts are cheap and easy to fix though.
  • They’re incapable of driving.
  • Too many idiots crossing the street without looking both sides.
  • What’s the point of driving over 60km/h on local roads when you only have 2 traffic signals each on 2nd Ave and McBride, one on Fulton at 3rd Ave, and crosswalks all over the place?

That’s if you live in Langley and you work in a cubical in downtown Vancouver.   :stuck_out_tongue:

My commute is actually 15mins  :-D

Be careful. They maybe slow in applying the brakes too.  :evil:

You have to drive slow if you live in Rupert or you will disappear in the freaken potholes!  There is a huge mess at the top of my street on a corner on a hill and they keep sending city workers to shovel some gravel into it which then spews everywhere.  Totally screws up my little car no matter how slow i hit it…how bout a one time visit with a paving truck instead of 20 with gravel?  Oh, its a big square hole cause the city had to dig it up to fix a water main or something so it covers both sides of the road.  The roads here are a mess. 

I have had to stop for deer several times crossing the road, especially when i lived on 3rd ave downtown, it would be funny to see them crossing cause most the time they fluked and got on a crosswalk…wish i had my camera handy, they don’t make me angry, its the lazy inconsiderate mostly youngsters that frustrate me.  now finished with pet peeves, think PR folk could use some “pay it forward” attitude so tomorrow when i get up i am going to find someone to do something nice too and ask them to “pay it forward”  we need to lighten up. 

[quote=“PLA”]
No, they drive slow because:

• They drive either a GM or a Chrysler. Average life of these junks are probably less than 15 years old depending on abuse. Freaking delicate but parts are cheap and easy to fix though.
  • They’re incapable of driving.
  • Too many idiots crossing the street without looking both sides.
  • What’s the point of driving over 60km/h on local roads when you only have 2 traffic signals each on 2nd Ave and McBride, one on Fulton at 3rd Ave, and crosswalks all over the place?

My theory is that they drive slow because that’s how you ensure that you arrive “fashionably late”. I believe the procedure in Rupert is to start getting ready to leave at the time that the event actually starts. I don’t know how many times I’ve attended things (the masquerade ball being the latest one) in which I was walking out towards the end of the evening as people were just arriving…guys who start gearing up for games or rolling up to the field ten minutes after the game was supposed to start…people who wander into the Rampage game at the end of the first period and wonder why they can’t get a seat on the red line…

That kind of attendance habit gives organizers fits…[/quote]

Wow. I appear to not understand the simple use of the “quote box”.

Weak.javascript:void(0);