Peru/Ecuador Trip 2007 begins!

Here I am infiltrating the sea lion community:

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

Lots of white tipped reef sharks looking for some tasty tourist meat

[original attachment deleted after 2 years]

awesome pictures dude… I’m so envious of you…more more pictures…

Good stuff.  You’re like a modern Tintin.

When I told you that “Sea lions need love, too”, I didn’t mean it literally.

LOL, you know I think it’s the flippers that won him/her over…

That is an awesome picture, TR! :sunglasses:
A small question.  Approximately how large are the reef sharks?  I’m really enjoying your trip vicariously.

The flippers pissed him off me thinks.  I actually had a bit of a streak pissing off bull males.  I think it´s my alpha male aura that intimidated them! 

Those reef sharks are about three to four feet long and would probably provide about 60 pounds of sushi I´m guessing!  Hope it helps. 

Pics?

Check on the previous page for a few pictures.  I´ll upload a few more key ones until I get back but I´ve got a few hundred on my memory stick that I´ll put up when I get back into Canada

To any of you fine people still following this thread here´s another update!

Starting the night of the 24th I´m starting a four day tour into the jungle.  Will be taking a motor canoe down the Rio Aguarico to spend a few days searching for pink dolphins, piranas, various wildlife, plantlife, etc, and spend a day with some indigenous folks.

Hope you don’t have the same problem “pissing off” the piranas that you had with the seals, I would think that the biting fish carry a grudge.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piranha

They seem to come to play the piranhas do…

Sounds like a pretty amazing adventure you have going there, enjoy… 

Heck I’m reading every episode to my class under the title:  Transcend does South America :imp:

The piranhas are fine so long as you don’t have open wounds.  What I’m more worried about are the protozoans and catfish that swim up your urethra.  Ah well, catfish smatfish. 

And bigthumb, your flattery makes me blush!

Ooooh oooooh penis fish!!  I learned about those on Grey’s Anatomy :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, it seems like so recently that I started this thread but quicker than I ever expected it’s coming to it’s close.  I just got back after a week of missed flights, random searches and being sent to Security 2 rather than Security 1 (not a pleasant experience and switch blades are illegal and frowned upon in International Airports) I’m back in Canada.  Back in Rupert, actually! 

I’ll see about making a gallery or something if Mig feels like donating some space.  I can drop you off a CD or two, eh, big guy?? 

So all in all it was pretty damn wicked.  A ton of good times and some wicked photos to boot!

Welcome home, TR! :smiley:
I’m looking forward to seeing some more of your pictures. :sunglasses: