Not murder or suicide

Who said anything about me owning one. Pfffft. That would require getting documents and birth certificates etc which inturn means effort.

I can get it if I want to…don’t mean I will.

It allows you to work legally in any European country. It lets you skip the big ass lineups at the european airports :wink:

I didn’t say that 79.48% are Irish, or can prove it; I just said they claim it.

And also, I said Canada AND the US. There are a heck of a lot of Irish Americans. Didn’t you ever watch Cheers??

I wish I had the sense to get an EU passport while my paternal grandfather was still alive.

Yes, the census counts people who “claim” it. No proof is necessary, you just check the little box that says “Irish”.

The official figure of those “claiming” to be Irish in the USA is 16% according to their census. 23% claim to be German, 13% English.

Only 5 states had statistically significant numbers of Irish “claimants”, one of them resulted in Cheers.

Did you lose citizenship when he died?

If you can prove citizenship, you can get the passport.

My dad always mocks me when we’re flying back to Canada. He just chooses the shortest line, be it Canada or Other.

Then he waves at us from the other side.

Wow thats two posts today about my dad. :unamused: ????

[quote=“MiG”]

Did you lose citizenship when he died?

If you can prove citizenship, you can get the passport.[/quote]

Austria. He has to be alive in order for his desendents to claim citizenship. Trust me. I’ve contacted the embassy.

If I was born after 1983, I’d have no problem getting a British passport through my maternal grandmother, who is still with us. But since I was born in 1973 I can’t because the law only allows for it through the paternal line.