New Years

What is everyone’s plans for New Years this year

Here’s to another lousy millennium.

My celebration will be low key, we are having dinner at the Crest.

VISA thanks you for your contribution to their 2012 fiscal year!

[quote=“Smurfette”]

VISA thanks you for your contribution to their 2012 fiscal year![/quote]

Actually it will be Master Card…Air Miles:)

We are hoping to survive our small children for New Years. Then pass out. There might be some form of drinking, but it’ll most likely involve some type of beverage like a mocha or coffee ala 'rents survival.

Happy New Years to you all lol

Hang in there man, it will get easier for you. I remember my days with very young children. :smile:

[quote=“MeepMeepZoom”]We are hoping to survive our small children for New Years. Then pass out. There might be some form of drinking, but it’ll most likely involve some type of beverage like a mocha or coffee ala 'rents survival.

Happy New Years to you all lol[/quote]

HTMF New Year’s Eve Party! Same boat here.

My parents are taking the little one so for the first time in months alone time vodka here I come

I’ll be on a cruise ship on New Year’s Day! Departing from New York. Not sure about the New York New Year’s Eve Time Square thing yet. Seems like the place to be but, logistically, it seems that, in order to have a good view of the whole 10 seconds countdown to the ball drop, one must spend 7-8 hours outside, standing shoulder to shoulder in a crowd of hundreds of thousands, without being able to move from your spot. All this with my two teenagers and a wife who really doesn’t like big crowds.
I might decide to go see the Oilers-Islander game in Uniondale instead since I’ve only been to one NHL game in my life.

Going to the Cow Bay Cafe and home early she closes by 1030… I dont go often but still find Cow Bay Cafe to be Rupert’s best…

Agreed. Cow Bay Cafe is awesome. We go there several times per year.

So tell me is The Cow Bay Cafe the same as Cowpuccinos ? We go to the Sea Horse and watch Dave wander around looking lost in his Big World , kind of interesting with the Jazz music playing behind him . Anyway I just hope that everyone enjoys and that don’t make too many resolutions , why put pressure on yourselves to start the year. Have a Good New Years Celebration Everyone.

Nope. Cowpuccinos is the excellent coffee shop/restaurant that is across the street from Breakers pub. Cow Bay Cafe is right on the water front.

Nope. Cowpuccinos is the excellent coffee shop/restaurant that is across the street from Breakers pub. Cow Bay Cafe is right on the water front.

Do you mean the place behind the Old Phone Booth ? They never seem to be open and I heard that when they are open that they are very expensive . But thanks for clearing that up for me and I guess that it will be Dave watching and Jazz .

Do you mean the place behind the Old Phone Booth ? They never seem to be open and I heard that when they are open that they are very expensive . But thanks for clearing that up for me and I guess that it will be Dave watching and Jazz .

Yes,they are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for… The Crest is high end, I gave up on them Christmas 2010.
Cow Bay Cafe is my once in a while treat that makes me feel like I am in False Creek. Adrein the owner is the best chief that I know in Rupert, everything is always consistent… With other places it can be a hit and miss.

They open only for lunch and dinner and are closed between. It’s always wise to make reservations. The menu is limited but well worth it.

[quote=“BigThumb”]I’ll be on a cruise ship on New Year’s Day! Departing from New York. Not sure about the New York New Year’s Eve Time Square thing yet. Seems like the place to be but, logistically, it seems that, in order to have a good view of the whole 10 seconds countdown to the ball drop, one must spend 7-8 hours outside, standing shoulder to shoulder in a crowd of hundreds of thousands, without being able to move from your spot. All this with my two teenagers and a wife who really doesn’t like big crowds.
I might decide to go see the Oilers-Islander game in Uniondale instead since I’ve only been to one NHL game in my life.[/quote]

LOL, your last option might be best for your wife. Judging by the attendance figures for the Islanders this year, that will be the total opposite experience of Times Square, though as they say good seats still available.

Sounds like a great New year’s plan though, I’m rather jealous…

[quote=“jamesbrown”]

Do you mean the place behind the Old Phone Booth ? [/quote]

Yep. That is Cowpuccinos.

Agreed. She is indeed the best in my opinion.