New update on my pc, what you guys think?

added some water cooling to my pc, and bought a new case, check it out :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4vQG2fXXJY)

[quote=ā€œLost Soulsā€]

Looks like a waste of money, but im sure the girls will be flocking now[/quote]

I added another fan to push/pull air through the radiator, my cpu is over clocked to 4.0ghz.Ā  with the stock fan and the cpu at stock speed (3.4ghz) it was running at 42c, when I overclocked it to 3.6ghz it was reaching temps of 50c and higher.

This keeps it running colder then the stock fan, some people donā€™t like it, some do.Ā  I like it, if you donā€™t, thatā€™s your opinion, and I did ask for feed back so thanks for checking it out.

You donā€™t really need water cooling to keep your pc cool, if itā€™s not over clocked. Just buy a decent fan, my 2.44 quad core was over clocked to 2.8 and used stock fan and was fine.

Water cooling is good for over clocking & silencing.

[quote=ā€œLost Soulsā€]

Nice looking unit.Ā  :smile:[/quote]

thanks everyone, I was using stock cooling for a while but the max thresh hold for heat on my cpu is 60c.

my cpu was running at 55c idle when it was at 3.6ghz and was about 45-50c at stock speed of 3.4ghz.

now itā€™s at 4.0ghz and it never goes above 40c, it drops to 32c if I have the window open as the radiator draws cold air in from outside the case.

Do you notice much of a difference between 3.4GHz and 4.0GHz? Have you done any benchmarks?

Looks cool and all, but I have to ask: whatā€™s up with the big kanji for ā€œmiddleā€?

id change the case, buy a case with the psu at the bottom, and build the water cooling a bit different.

PC-X900, get that case, seems like you have money to waste

Here is a link that might help you, or improve you to change your setup or in fact maybe even perfect it more.

hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=760053&page=26

One of my fav pcā€™s is this one,

img707.imageshack.us/img707/7798/img5477o.jpg

and this one.
damado.com/computer/800d1.jpg

the last one is so sexy!

no test comparisons yet, I ran 3dmark06 with two 5770ā€™s and got a score of just under 21,000, with one card I got just over 16,000, as for the case this one was a spare one I had laying around, I was going to use it for the time being, but the temps were still a little too high for me.

I switched over to my antec 300 case and now my temps are 35 idle, 40 under load, I have my desk next to my window, and when the window is open my temps drop to 23c.

when I bought my system I didnā€™t put any though into the case since I had one laying around.  iā€™m planning to get a solid state drive for my o/s, and a new case in a month or two. 

This is my first attempt at water cooling so I bought a single 120mm radiator because thatā€™s all I could fit in my case.  I have two 5770ā€™s right now, and they are the loudest part of my tower, when I upgrade my case to something bigger I might get a couple vga water blocks. and Jase, iā€™ll check out those links later on when I have some free time.

I always like to check out the ideas some people come up with when modding their pcā€™s I donā€™t know much about modding, I just took an interest in computers about five years ago.

iā€™ll post back with some comparison on the bench marks, at both 3.4ghz and 4.0ghz, when I get time iā€™ll do the same with both single and dual video card set up.

also the lian li cases are really nice, three of my friends have bought antec 1200ā€™s and those cases are really nice to work with, very user friendly.  I was thinking of buying a Coolermaster HAF 932 though. I still havenā€™t decided.

itā€™s a logo for ā€œRed Dragonā€ is a clothing company. and the top sticker is for DC Shoes.  the picture spray painted on the front is for Dark Army.  itā€™s a clothing company my friend started a few years back when he used to skateboard.

I agree with you those are great looking PCā€™s, I added that website to my Favā€™s and when I was building my Tower the Corsair Obsidian 800D was one of the cases I was looking at. 

unfortunately at the time I just couldnā€™t afford it, maybe itā€™ll be on the list for upgrades this summer. weā€™ll see.  Iā€™d still like to pick up a couple SSDā€™s

again, thanks everyone for the feed back, and info.  I always welcome any tips and advice or thoughts on PC builds.

Put a nice intel ssd in there, i bet you will notice more of a difference with a ssd, rather than over clocking more or adding ram :smile:

Ordering my self a 160gig ssd fo rmy macbook pro soon.

ā€¦

says the guy that sends me more messages about how to buy a battery on ebay every month.!

Nice, let me know how you like it, I was thinking about picking up a 64gb this month, and just using it for o/s and a couple programs I use, I donā€™t really need it for gaming, those will go on the storage drive.

has anyone had a chance to check out the new gtx400 cards? I wanted to wait for them to be released before buying this PC I have now, I put it off for a couple months and finally made my purchase. 

if I had only known the six core cpuā€™s and the new fermi cards were going to be released a week after I made my purchase I would have waited.  aside from the lack of physx, iā€™m happy with my two ati 5770ā€™s.  one alone has close to the same performance as my gtx 260 I had when they first came out, if not better.

I ran the bench marks at 4.0 earlier tonight before work.  iā€™ll run them all again at 3.4 in the morning after I take care of some things around the house.  Iā€™ll post the results for anyone interested.

Hahaha!
Obviously I posted it for you to use!
I had a few cold pops and didnā€™t have a BBC infographic around :wink: 

Just wait a bit, save your $$ and buy a 160 or larger if the prices drop. No point building a gaming computer to use then install your games data and files on the other drive, would kinda defeat the purpose of using the ssd :smile:

yeah, youā€™re right.  I only use a couple programs that arenā€™t too big, and mainly the call of duty games, I figured I didnā€™t need too much space, iā€™ll put off the ssd until next month and check out the prices then. 

maybe iā€™ll get buying a new case out of the way first those obsidians are really nice and still one of the top picks for me.