New Mayor Candidate for Prince Rupert

facebook.com/mayor.lee.brain

Some background:

Lee Brain, Northern Gateway Pipeline Joint Review Panel Speaker, Delivers Stirring Message (VIDEO)

huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/2 … 95061.html

This would appear to explain the Mayor’s rather puzzling pre-election ad in Northern View in early May urging that his is “Not a job for beginners” (he has evidently forgotten that he first ran for Mayor without any prior council experience) and that “When you’ve got a heavy load on the wagon that’s not the time to try a new horse”.

This was picked up in a North Coast Review article entitled “And leading in the early, early returns …” which also has a copy of the ad for those who missed it in the back sections of the paper < northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … turns.html >.

As things have turned out the heaviest load on the Mayor’s wagon is another law suit over Watson Island, this one resulting from a decision that he was no doubt part of to pull out of negotiations with WatCo.

So Watson Island has not been sold and returned to the tax base and is not creating local jobs. It’s unlikely to be sold to anyone else so long as a Certificate of Pending Litigation is in place. The court action will likely cost hundreds of thousands of dollars (the Sunwave cases cost about $400,000 last year alone), and while things are tied up in court the City continues to be exposed to environmental liabilities as a recent $50,000 fine for violating the Fisheries Act illustrates.

That’s a pretty heavy load for the City and its’ taxpayers, no doubt, but it’s also a burden that the Mayor played a major role in creating.

Sometimes young people with fresh eyes and vision are just what\s needed to turn things around or at least try. Anything is better than the present mayor, while he is a nice guy nothing personal, I just don’t have any faith in him as our mayor. He has had his time let’s give someone new a chance. The organization I work for has recent younger employees/ management, that are doing a great job, sometimes the young energy and drive makes up for the lack of experience.

I like him. He is a good listener.
He has lots of ideas about things and with his educational background. He has thought about things in a big picture way, which can often be lacking in a small town council (where participants tend to follow the trends that have already been set and there is a lack of knowledge about how things are done differently elsewhere).
My only hesitation is that he was a key member of Jennifer Rice’s NDP nomination team and I have yet to be convinced that she is a capable MLA.

I like Lee. I think a fresh start for Prince Rupert is in order. :smile:

I agree :smile:

I have no idea who this gentleman is , I have been asked to support him but I can not support an individual . I just figure he must have a great circle of friends .Plus after this city council has messed this town up so bad and their secret meeting and actions or lack of , whoever was to get in the seat better have a team to help them run a town and clean up the mess .

One big endorsement for him -> Todd Hamilton of the Northern View created an anonymous account on this web site just to bash him. If I were Lee Brain, I would put that on a campaign poster.

I had a wonderful conversation with Lee at Mariner’s Park last night. He was participating in Sea Fest. Lee is an excellent listener and communicator. He has my vote in November.

So once again who is this individual ? What is his track record when it comes to being a mayor or a city council member ? I do not mean to sound rude but I have been asked a few times now if I will or would support him , some people say that they have spoken with him and then they say he is the man . Does anyone remember when Jacko first ran for mayor , he said everything you wanted to hear and now no one ever hears from him and he has not done shit for our what is now almost a town . I think whoever runs for council or mayor this time will have such a mess to clean up and this requires a real team . So I would like to see or hear what this man is about and what promise he makes .

Certainly. Take some time to meet and speak with Lee. I know that you are tired of business as usual. It is time for a change in Prince Rupert.

That is what I was hoping to eventually do , Always like a good coffee .

I think a mmix of ages, cultures, & genders are a good commbination. Mmore immportant is a mmayor & council that do their best in: upholding their cammpaign prommises: listening to the voters; working productively toward goals of creating a sustainable, thriving, & safe community.

At least in PR, it’s easy to recognize & get to fammiliarize / know your candidates! I becamme eligible this 2014 to participate in mmy first mmunicipal vote in Amsterdam. The list of candidates was mmind boggling!!! I’ve attached a photo to give you an idea … (27 parties & close to 150 candidates)…THIS is just for our district in west Amsterdam!!!

isabelydancer00

[quote=“hitest”]

Certainly. Take some time to meet and speak with Lee. I know that you are tired of business as usual. It is time for a change in Prince Rupert.[/quote]

Time for change? Define change.

Mussallem replaced Pond. Thorkelson, Ashley, Cunningham, Garon and Carlick-Pearson replaced Briglio, Bedard, Rudolph, Gordon-Payne and Cote. How much more change do you want? Has anyone ever considered that maybe our Councillors just do the best they can?

Well, perhaps a council that isn’t obsessed with doing things in secret would be a good change.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

Mussallem replaced Pond. Thorkelson, Ashley, Cunningham, Garon and Carlick-Pearson replaced Briglio, Bedard, Rudolph, Gordon-Payne and Cote.[/quote]

Ashley and Cunningham will get my vote. I would like a bit more transparency. These two councilors are approachable.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]Time for change? Define change.

Mussallem replaced Pond. Thorkelson, Ashley, Cunningham, Garon and Carlick-Pearson replaced Briglio, Bedard, Rudolph, Gordon-Payne and Cote. How much more change do you want? Has anyone ever considered that maybe our Councillors just do the best they can?[/quote]

Welcome to democracy.

Throkelson and Kinney have my vote the rest never do much that I am aware of. I would give the new mayoral candidate a shot as well. There were rumors of Sheila Gordon Payne running for Mayor if that did occur I would vote for her hands down over anyone else. Whether we agree with the lady or not she is a leader that is very approachable and gets things done. Jack has to go!

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

Certainly. Take some time to meet and speak with Lee. I know that you are tired of business as usual. It is time for a change in Prince Rupert.

Time for change? Define change.

Mussallem replaced Pond. Thorkelson, Ashley, Cunningham, Garon and Carlick-Pearson replaced Briglio, Bedard, Rudolph, Gordon-Payne and Cote. How much more change do you want? Has anyone ever considered that maybe our Councillors just do the best they can?[/quote]

Lets all give them a first place for participation ribbon then. After all participating is just as good as actually competing and “winning” right?

its the lack of proper leadership in the city that gets me