Neptune Inn

That is so true and sadly they are placed in the unwanted position of having to apply for welfare and are made to jump through the proverbial hoops to meet their criteria unlike the ones who have been sitting on it for the last ten years with nothing expected of them whatsoever. :imp: That is a whole other topic discussed to death on here though.

There are still jobs out there for those who want themā€¦ :unamused:

Well be sure to give us a few examples of what youā€™ve found and share the wealth :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

There are tons of jobs out there for people who donā€™t just look in the job banks!

Why donā€™t we just post some ideas for jobs on here and point job hunters in the right direction instead of making wide spread comments?  Help out a fellow HTMF-er, so to speak! Good idea?

If there were as many jobs in town, as there are pompous blowhards on these boards, this town would be job seekers paradise

If people want the jobs, they have to be prepared to do the legwork themselves.

The reason why there are SOME jobs open right now, is because the people that had them before, were lazy, decided to steal or break other company policies, called in sick 1000 times, or better yet, came to work drunk.

As a Managerā€¦ Iā€™ve had to deal with all of theseā€¦ and lazyness is the worst. It makes absolutely 0 money for the company, and just eats up payroll that someone else with a better outlook could be using instead. Ā Also, lazy people just make the other employees lazy as well. Ā 

You do the work, you get the payoff. You canā€™t just expect to be handed a job. You have to do the work, you have to go to each and every store, with a resume, hand it in, be friendly with the managers. And then, in a few days, or a week, you have to go back in and follow up. You have to LOOK for jobs, they donā€™t look for you. Not all employers advertise that they have employment available.

What kind of strategy for gaining useful employees is that?  Psst, donā€™t tell anyone but we might have a job available.

Some of the stuff that appears here boggles the mind, as you would say bubba :unamused:

Actually, it cuts down on the welfare bums who donā€™t really want to do any work, if you think about it. All they do is go onto the job bank sites and look for work there, obviously.

HAHAHA

that is the stupidest shit iā€™ve ever heard. You might get more ā€˜welfare bumsā€™ if you advertise but you will also get more qualified candidates as well and all you need to do is look at the resumes to see which are which.

Thatā€™d be like a business not advertising its products and saying heyā€¦ if you wanna know what we sell come inā€¦ sorry its a piss poor business strategy.

You know I was just pulling that out of my ass.

The point is, you canā€™t depend on job postings to get a job if you really want one. Most of the jobs Iā€™ve had werenā€™t advertised.

You get a lot of your material from there? 

LOL :smiley:

Itā€™s kind of funny how people are arguing with me about this because if you go into the carreer resource center and you actually have a consultation or do a resume building workshop, theyā€™ll tell you the same thing. When I needed a job, I would be out of the house first thing in the flippinā€™ morning, just as the buisnesses were opening, ready to hand out resumes. Not sitting on my ass, surfing the internet.

You seem to have all the answers so where do you work now then?

So would that be the ass that you regularly pull things out of, or the one that you used to go look for work with?

Why is everone persecuting me for this? Iā€™m telling you the truth, if you WANT a job, you go SEEK a job. Ā :roll: And you will probably find one too. Employers like employees to seek them out, to come in and be proactive about getting a job. Itā€™s a POSITIVE thing to be doing what Iā€™m saying. Whyā€™s everyone got such a problem with what I have to say? Funny, Loaded sports hasnā€™t advertised for a position in the paper or online that I know of, and guess what, theyā€™ve a help wanted sign in the windowā€¦ GET OUT THERE!

Simple, ye reap what ye sew!

Iā€™m going to have to agree with Jesus here.

Employers advertise when they want people with skills, education, or experience.Ā  How else are these potential employees going to hear about jobs?Ā 

This is especially the case if the people they are seeking are already employed in another job.Ā