NDP leader caught in a "Massage" bust

[quote=“BTravenn”]

Is getting a special massage 15 years ago something to fuss over? … And for the absolute record. I do not particularly like Jack Layton. I will be voting for Nathan Cullen but Jack Layton leaves me cold.

The only “special massage” worth talking about is the one that the Canadian public has gotten from Stephen Harper over the the last five years, a government whose political style is based on smear and innuendo, a mean spiritedness that appeals to our lowest expectations of others rather than our highest ideals, division rather than common purpose.

Conjecture is repeated over and over in the hope that it will be taken as fact, particularly by the gullible and ill informed. That’s even evident in how this rather tawdry discussion has evolved. There is no evidence that Layton got a “special massage”.

I don’t particularly like Jack Layton. In fact, I don’t particularly like the NDP. But I’m tired of the way that our politics and in a way our character as a people have been debased in recent years by the Harper brand of politics. And that will affect how I will vote tomorrow.[/quote]

Exactly my sentiments, I’m tired of seeing the victimization of well meaning Canadians from any side of the political spectrum being attacked for their beliefs. Harper has brought the worst of US Politics and Policies to Canada. Having said that it’s amusing to read the US diplomatic summary of Mr. Harper and Mr. Ignatieff. A pity that they didn’t review Mr. Layton as well.

cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2 … aders.html

Interesting perspective. I agree with this article. I doubt that this late-breaking campaign against Mr. Layton will have much of an effect tomorrow.

Chris Selley: Layton ‘scandal’ not likely to matter much

Here’s an interesting look at the economic side of these parties:

progressive-economics.ca/201 … l-parties/

So Jack got his happy ending 15 years early :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Soggy”]Here’s an interesting look at the economic side of these parties:

progressive-economics.ca/201 … l-parties/[/quote]

Yes the absolutely amazing thing is after the damage Harper has done to our economy, he has the gall to say his party is good economic managers. We have the lowest corporate taxes in the G20 and he wants to keep lowering the corporate taxes so we can say we can no longer afford social programs like medicare.