NDP leader caught in a "Massage" bust

theglobeandmail.com/news/pol … -notebook/

Any thoughts?

[quote=“Great Pacific”]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/

Any thoughts?[/quote]

So what? Your link states that Mr. Layton was not charged with an offense.

Me thinks you’re an ass for continuing to “smear”.

The fact that they are reporting a 15 year old non-story tells us a great deal about the media and the person or group that fed them the information.

A journalist won’t reveal the source of the story, but in this case the story might be who passed them the knowledge and for what purpose.

Or is this just the Sun News trying to make news instead of reporting it.

All in all pretty sad.

calgarysun.com/2011/04/29/la … former-cop

I dont see how you can say this is a “Non” story. fact is this guy is running to be the leader of one of teh greatest countrys in the world, and he has this skeleton in his closet?

As for the “Your an ass for continuing to smear” Come on, it wasen’t me get a rub down in a Asian “Massage parlour”

Look at the credibity here
The policemen warned the councillor about the dangers of hanging out in suspected bawdy houses that could be run by Asian triads.

“I remembered lecturing him on a lot of these triads, they’d videotape the customers and extort them afterwards. Jack went pale. I said to him you have to understand it’s quite possible,” he says.

Yeah… This should be a guy looking to run the country

[quote=“Great Pacific”]http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/04/29/layton-found-in-toronto-bawdy-house-former-cop
I dont see how you can say this is a “Non” story. fact is this guy is running to be the leader of one of teh greatest countrys in the world, and he has this skeleton in his closet?
[/quote]

I will say it again. Mr. Layton was not charged with anything. The only reason this ancient story is surfacing now is that it is a pathetic attempt to smear Mr. Layton. If you have some evidence that proves he did something illegal then post it.

Hitest. It’s not necessarily about if he did anything wrong. It’s about his judgment. Do you honestly believe that one of our leaders should have this type of judgment and put himself in such a risky position?

Also what about the hypocrisy of taking advantage of down trodden? Isn’t that who the NDP are supposed to support? Isn’t the NPD about taking care of people? Is this taking care of people?

I say if you want to preach about it, you should live it.

I don’t see how anyone can support this party now. The best thing the NDP can do is to get rid of this guy and find someone else to take advantage of the upswing in support the NDP seems to have gathered.

If a person supports this party are they not supporting illegal prostitution of immigrant workers? Are they not supporting the horribly bad judgment of someone who wants to be the leader of Canada? Isn’t this party who supports the underdog?

Instead we have the leader of the NDP’s subjecting his whims on those that perhaps need the most help.
Sorry I just don’t get it.

[quote=“Great Pacific”]http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/04/29/layton-found-in-toronto-bawdy-house-former-cop

As for the “Your an ass for continuing to smear” Come on, it wasen’t me get a rub down in a Asian “Massage parlour”

Look at the credibity here
The policemen warned the councillor about the dangers of hanging out in suspected bawdy houses that could be run by Asian triads.

“I remembered lecturing him on a lot of these triads, they’d videotape the customers and extort them afterwards. Jack went pale. I said to him you have to understand it’s quite possible,” he says.

Yeah… This should be a guy looking to run the country[/quote]

Holy redneck Batman. Get the feeling you must be an anti-abortion loven Conservative.

[quote]Mr. Iler said Mr. Layton recalls being told by police that he did nothing wrong, but that the location was “questionable” and was “to be stayed away from.”
Karl Belanger, Mr. Layton’s press secretary, said the party was “in the process of looking at our (legal) options.”[/quote]

National Post

It’s a non-story not just because he was not charged but because it happened 15 years ago.

Somebody has been sitting on this information waiting for the right time to pass it on to perhaps the least legitimate of any of the news media.

And let’s try to put this in perspective. Our former premier - while the premier of the province - was charged with impaired driving. He was almost immediately forgiven by his supporters and for the most part it was a non-issue in subsequent elections.

Layton has been a public figure for many years and there are probably several issues that can be used against him including the current NDP platform. I hope we are not so prudish that we are making a big deal out of the prospect that he may - and remember it is MAY - have had a certain part of his body tickled 15 years ago.

I’m betting he used marijuana at one time too. And I bet he inhaled.

Even if we accept that he was there as a “John,” it still wouldn’t matter. Who cares what a guy does in his free time? How does it affect his ability to govern?

So… Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander…

John Gilbert “Jack” Layton made headlines in 1995 and 1996 while advocating a ban on lap dancing in Toronto.

“A strip bar is not a petting zoo,” Layton said at the time, urging local politicians to outlaw private VIP rooms in strip clubs.

“These are sexual assault parlours and rape cubicles,” he said.

A controversial 1994 court ruling opened the doors to “dirty dancing” in strip clubs, which led Layton and former striper Katharine Goldberg to claim that exotic dancers were being sexually assaulted and forced into prostitution.

The former Metro council eventually passed a bylaw banning customers from touching dancers in clubs.
calgarysun.com/2011/04/29/la … ap-dancing
During a national debate after Canada’s prostitution laws were struck down in 2010, Layton was asked about his views on prostitution.

“It needs to – and will, I’m sure – open up a debate on how we can ensure that women who find themselves involved in prostitution and as sex workers are better protected,” he said.

“We have taken the view that aspects of the law need to be changed to protect women.”

Once again… How can you guys support such a person?

I didn’t vote for the NDP this election (not in the Skeena-Bulkley riding), but that article shows how low and desperate the Conservatives can be now that there’s a possibility Jack Layton and NDP will form the next government.

And seriously, who the hell read the paper that’s just as retarded (if not more) as FOX News?

EDIT:

Ever wonder why Sun News decided to dig up an ancient article and recycle it as today’s news? This:

src: CBC

[quote=“PLA”]I didn’t vote for the NDP this election (not in the Skeena-Bulkley riding), but that article shows how low and desperate the Conservatives can be now that there’s a possibility Jack Layton and NDP will form the next government.

And seriously, who the hell read the paper that’s just as retarded (if not more) as FOX News?[/quote]

Just wondering how are you sure it was the “Conservatives” who leaked such a thing to the media.

Judging by the polls of late, the Liberals probably have more to lose in Ontario than the Conservatives, how come you don’t point the finger there?

[size=1000][font=arial]…[/size][/font]

What does the Liberals in Ontario have to do with the Layton smear?

[quote=“Great Pacific”]
Once again… How can you guys support such a person?[/quote]

Help me out.

Why shouldn’t I support this guy?

I am sure there are plenty of reasons that a good Conservative or Liberal can come up with based on the NDP platform. But you are not talking about the NDP platform.

You are talking about something that ALLEGEDLY happened FIFTEEN years ago.

The leak is now being investigated. It may turn out that the leak is a more serious action than anything Layton MAY have done.

ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s … ection2011

Speaking of bad judgement: If either Iggy or Harper were in power when the U.S. invaded Iraq, Canada too would have invaded as well. We would be there now and our deficit/debt would be through the roof and we would be significantly affected by this economic downturn now. Kinda makes Mr. Layton’s misjudgement seem pretty much insignificant in comparison.

[quote=“PLA”]

[size=1000][font=arial]…[/size][/font]

What does the Liberals in Ontario have to do with the Layton smear?[/quote]

Was simply pointing out that by accusing the “Conservatives” of the dirty deed, you were smearing them in effect, though no evidence has been provided to suggest it was their campaign that offered up the Layton massage.

The Liberals polling results in Ontario could have resulted in their political operatives there to try and pull back some of the support that may be bleeding from Liberal to NDP.

That’s what Liberals in Ontario might have to do with the Layton smear.

Not saying that it’s the case, but instead suggesting that there’s more than one possibility rather than just the knee jerk blame the Harper guys that seems to pop up all the time.

It can’t be the conservative. The shouldn’t have a problem with something that Layton wasn’t charged with since they didn’t have a problem letting a convicted fraudster work as a senior adviser in the prime minister’s office!

From : http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/bruce-carson-convicted-of-fraud-disclosed-criminal-record-to-pmo-lawyer-119153024.html

Wait, it can’t be the liberals either since they also had Carson as an advisor:

So the question is: how can someone trust the conservatives and the liberals when they associate so closely with someone convicted of fraud?

Anyone remember Frank Howard?