Municipal Election

I played D&D with Mitch Myers!

Well he gets my vote if he agree’s to host D&D games in the council chambers.

Mike

You know those parks in New York where old Jewish guys play chess in all those movies?

I’ve always wanted to have a D&D game there.

Ya I can just picture it. Old geeks sitting around with well worn and faded copies of their monster manuals…

Mike

Fuck that. Gotta have brand new 3.5E manuals and shit.

Reality what a concept.

The last time I played was with the 1st edition rules so I prefer old school!

Mike

1st and 2nd edition D&D were undeniably the best. I miss the days where a negative Armour Class was a good thing. … but whatever, it all comes down tot eh gameplay. The art in 2nd edition was the best, by far, all of the stuff signed TD is the best.

Heh, I played “Dungeons and Dragons” once, when I was about 5 years old. This was before it started getting anywhere close to the current system. Remember, this was before “Advanced” Dungeons & Dragons.

But yeah, anyhow. I guess I really am that big of a dork.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

[quote=“Eso”]Heh, I played “Dungeons and Dragons” once, when I was about 5 years old. This was before it started getting anywhere close to the current system. Remember, this was before “Advanced” Dungeons & Dragons.

But yeah, anyhow. I guess I really am that big of a dork.[/quote]

Remember it? I learned D&D in 7th grade on the original basic rules box set. A kid named Trevor Allen moved into town. His dad was a mountie. We immediately became friends and he introduced me to this weird game. I’d love to thank that guy some day for his friendship and for the many hours of D&D we played in his parents rec room. :smile:

Mike

I’m too lazy to read through the thread to see if anyone came up with this brilliant idea, but if we got Eso to run for Mayor I bet he’d try his darndest to get us free booze. Or himself, which would be good because then I could just take it from him.

Solly’s would be my campaign headquarters!

And I’d fight for legislation extending the hours of the liquor store!

A friend of mine who shall remain nameless was forbidden by his mother to play D&D because “it turned kids into Satanists”.

What was the “Fas-Gas fiasco” that HotmailDOTcom mentioned, about Tony Briglio?

Well from what remember there was a long three page letter fom the former owner of the fast gas explaining how he got the shaft and no one got the gas. A few names were mentioned in the letter. GOOD LETTER seen by many.

From what I recall, Tony released confidential documents about the previous owner, and the station. Pretty much exposed the old owners personal life, and documents.

Ah good times… I remember my mom sitting me down just after I started playing D&D and asking me what it was all about because someone told her it would corrupt me. After about 2 minutes though she realized what the game was all about and how fired up I was about it.

God I wish I still played D&D.

I’ve been Alpha testing the new D&D Online MMOG and between that and the comments here I really have the urge to play some kind of table top game.

Mike

You dork :smile:

It’s funny. Growing up I really didn’t want to be seen as a geek or a dork even though the activities that labled me as such were where I had the most fun. Now that I’m at a point where I don’t give a shit what people think of me I’d proudly wave the dork flag any day.

So thanks Eso. :smiley:

Mike