Movie Run?!?

Anyone see the ad for this in the Daily Snooze?

http://www.movierun.net/

They deliver the movie to your door and pick it up the next day.

Mike

[quote=“CrazyMike”]Anyone see the ad for this in the Daily Snooze?

http://www.movierun.net/

They deliver the movie to your door and pick it up the next day.[/quote]

I saw it. Sounds like it wants to be like netflick. Netflick is pretty cool. Friends of mine use it in Washington.

Yeah… pretty decent idea. If they keep thier inventory current they could build a pretty solid clientele.

Mike

What’s next? They watch the movie for you and charge you when they retell the story?

:unamused:

Mike

A guy driving some late-model hatchback/wagon dealie (Mazda?) with “Movie Run” painted on the side was pulling away from my dad’s neighbours’ house just as I pulled up there at 5:30. We went to Smile’s for dinner, and returned to his place at 6:30 or so. Not quite long enough to watch a movie, so I’d assume that the dude works there or something.

I checked it out. Movie Run is just like renting a movie from any other movie store in town but you don’t have to leave the house. the advantage is you check out the website, call them up, they deliver the movie, and pick it up the next night

Also Very cool how they have interac at the door… When i was Delivering Pizza in kelowna that was a Rad Feature! thats for sure.!

I will definatly try this once and awhile.

I have to be honest, I dont think this movie run will work out.
Personaly i like looking at the all the video’s, reading the back.
So when do they pick it up the next day? Does that mean you have to wait till they pick it up?
$7.00 is also gettin pricey for a movie, its boarder line in buyin it or renting it.
Dont people download movies?
So do they have 20 of each movie?
Can you get popcorn to?

[quote=“yngwie_69”]I have to be honest, I dont think this movie run will work out.
Personaly i like looking at the all the video’s, reading the back.
So when do they pick it up the next day? Does that mean you have to wait till they pick it up?
$7.00 is also gettin pricey for a movie, its boarder line in buyin it or renting it.
Dont people download movies?
So do they have 20 of each movie?
Can you get popcorn to?[/quote]

It says right on there web page that is is $5.98(taxes included), which is only 6cents more a movie then Movie Gallery.

I would pay 7 bucks to have a movie delivered to my door. Of course, I’d jump at the opportunity to put my $$ into something that isn’t the extreme ripoff that is Movie Gallery.

(By the way-5.99 for a new release dvd-actually ANY dvd-is total and complete crap. It’s 2.99 on VI.)

It’s also a lot cheaper at East Wind.

[quote=“fedhed”]I would pay 7 bucks to have a movie delivered to my door. Of course, I’d jump at the opportunity to put my $$ into something that isn’t the extreme ripoff that is Movie Gallery.

(By the way-5.99 for a new release dvd-actually ANY dvd-is total and complete crap. It’s 2.99 on VI.)[/quote]

And people wonder why downloading movies has become so rampant…

The thing that gets my goat (so to speak) is that even if it’s an old, old movie on DVD it’s STILL the same price as a new release. They only get away with that because there is not much competition.

Do you have to sign up for a membership or put a credit card number on file or anything? Do they have late fees? Do you schedule a time to pick it up or do they?

actually i was behind that movie run car and it is a 2004 or 2005 vibe someone that doesn’t know anything about cars shouldn’t be commenting.
and i also checked it out there old movies are only 3.75 for two nights not 7 bucks i’d still rent if it was 7bucks if i could get it delivered in the pissing rain to my front door.

[quote=“jacky wacky”]
and i also checked it out there old movies are only 3.75 for two nights not 7 bucks i’d still rent if it was 7bucks if i could get it delivered in the pissing rain to my front door.[/quote]

I should clarify-it’s movie gallery/video update that pisses me off that old DVD’s cost the same to rent as new releases

Hi,

I’m a writer doing a story about Movie Run. If you’ve used it, could I interview you about it? Why you used, what did you think, etc.?

Wabana

Hey, are you from Bell Island? Sorry to derail the topic :wink: Just saw your name “Wabana” which reminds me of Bell Island.

Anyway, back to the regularly-scheduled thread…

Yes, you’re correct. I am originally from the original “Rock”.