Movie Gallery closing?

They are closing…employee’s already have been informed that in july it will close

BUT what is this about??? why would they be liquidating our store hear, if it is NOT on the list…what the f#)%# is going on hhahaahaha… and they are not suppose to start the liquidation OF The stores til Tuesday…and After the liquidation starts they have 8 weeks to stay open… BUISNESSES ARE CONFUSING LOL!!!    "Just talk to the manager everything for sale on Tuesday closing down all
stores in Canada. "

NOOOO Clue.

2nd floor going on, bob pain will be living there

Big bro Jacks place at Inn on Harbour has a killer view,how high do they need to go to get the equivalent viem from that location.

OKAY…Soooo they must not count us as any movie gallery, cause we are not on the list BUT Sadly Prince Rupert’s Movie Gallery IS SHUTTING ITS" DOORS…NOT a Rupert Mill Rumor LOL! talk with the manager there.

I guess the first clue might have been the empty shelves in most of the store!

Well I am sure it was just an oversight not to be mentioned on the list !  Bottom line, the place is closing and it is too bad for the employees.  I think most folks know persons in town that download flicks anyway so at least there is that avenue to travel down !  Maybe we were just not mentioned as one of the stores liquidating it’s inventory as they are moving it to George. Don’t know !

I havent been in there for a while as the never had what I was looking for for the past couple weeks. so

Big loss to our town if no other outfit comes in. 5 or 6 jobs for younger people is a biggy here, plus the independent is tiny and unable to expand.
Wonder if there’s a commercial option out there? Someone like me with a huge pipe who could download and distribute the talked about burnt copies that timeout after 48 hrs?

I recently have been using the kiosk/vending style rental at Safeway. They seem to have a decent selection. Maybe someone will put in some more. The only problem I could see for some is that you have to have a credit card to rent from the machine.

so does this mean I dont have to return my games??  :smiley:

if your a cheap ass…then the answer is yes

Hmm that’s a very interesting approach for a local business owner, food for thought for your customers! :smiley: 

geesh it was a joke! my games were returned on friday  :stuck_out_tongue:

Downloading movies unless you pay for them is illegal and I would imagine borrowing and watching from a friend is as well.  It’s partly because of all the illegal music and movie downloads places can’t afford to compete anymore.  My Dad got busted and the cops tried to put him in jail when he made copies of a VCR he was trying to give out for some internet multi-level sales plan.  He was 75 and they almost sent him to jail.  Hopefully you will think twice about watching pirated movies, not cause you might get busted but cause its wrong. 

at least this is one buisness i am happy to see go , another joke of a buisness, see ya later movie gallery , ya shit head

Well, that was a tad harsh strco, but still… I never could quite figure out how dvd’s could cost so much to rent when you could buy them in Zellers for only 3 or 4 times the price and they’re still making a profit…some of those movies must have paid for themselves ten times over before they were sold off for half price.

Back when I was a little kid and VCRs were new, you’d get 4 movies and the machine for $20. That was a lot of money then. With Movie Gallery today, you could only get three movies for that…how much does a dvd cost to buy and burn: a buck? Why would they think that people would continue to pay $6 in this economy and with all the latest technology available? 

Anyone try these guys?

zip.ca/DVD/Browse.aspx

I was told the movie rental chains don’t just pay the $30 per copy you would pay at the store.  Apparently the rental stores pay on average of $100 a copy… so they don’t make as much money as you may think.  A $5 rental has be rented 21 times before it starts making the store any money.