Melvin Christison Murder (was: What's going on downtown?)

Prince Rupert RCMP say a 42 year old male was allegedly murdered at a residence in downtown Prince Rupert by a 41 year old female that was “known to the victim”.

I found out that the person killed last night was a close friends son. He was a great guy ( yes he had issues but was very likeable and generous to my family) My thoughts and prayers to his family at this difficult time.

One murder in five years does not a gang war make. People die unnecessarily, a horrid reality of our society but a reality, none the less.

I hope this does not spark a “our community is violent” thread. Having grown up in vancouver, this community is fairly peaceful by comparison.

i just think with the vaqndalism and drunks all over town etc this town does have its problems not anywhere near a larger city tho.

Agreed but these are all separate issues. Vandalism is a product of angst but not desire to kill. Drunk in public is something  many good people have been the perpetrator of from time to time. Last night’s murder was a one off, once in five years kind of thing.

I have always heard how peaceful Prince Rupert is and not even a week here there is a murder, I should be shocked but seeing the side shows around this town it does not surprise me much. Kind of interesting hearing the rumors in some of the coffee outlets. Isn’t there any form of support workers in the area or is is all up to the cops? But I am glad to have arrived safely here from the other side of our fine country.

Cops are busy today! Their is a girl on 2nd ave that is in bare feet screaming saying someone is being chased by someone with a gun…that is crazy…what is this town coming too…  :astonished: :frowning:

What does crack smell like,like asssss???

just to clarify, was that in the Historic Downtown or the Cultural District?

I would assume that cocaine would smell like chemicals such as gasoline or acetone.  

[quote=“Leonard Gooddump”]
I have always heard how peaceful Prince Rupert is and not even a week here there is a murder, I should be shocked but seeing the side shows around this town it does not surprise me much.[/quote]

Ok bad luck but I’ve lived here 10 months and have seen the same amount of murders. This is a very safe community with some crime but tell me where they don’t have crime?

No that would not be it but if you know the smell of I think it spelt Ether and it usually is strong smelling so it is all in all a shitty deal and drug.

Narnia, Disneyland and Pleasantville

Ya I have never smelt cocaine before but I just assumed because they use gasoline for something in the process of making cocaine.

Disneyland is not so safe…you might get punched out by tigger :wink:

Melvin Christison is the name released today.  Anybody know the name of the female charged?

I read the press release which in the first paragragh stated the name of the deceased and then later in the same article stated name of the victim was being withheld until notificaton of next of kin… :confused:         Very sad, condolences to his family and friends…

The second half was what is known as a backgrounder, where they outlined the past information relayed on the case, thus it was a repeat of the information from their earlier press releases.

It smells like burning plastic. Oh the joys of living in an apartment building.

My dad says Annalee Auckland has a Bebo page:

bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4975187670