McBride getting traffic lights

The lights on McBride St I am sure will be green most of the time.

It will be red most of the time going from 9th w-9th e

I wonder if the lights are out for good now at the new 9th ave and mcbride lights.

How many fender benders did you see at these lights this past winter :smile:

What? The lights are out? I haven’t been out and about, but do you think they turn them off when school is on break?

I like them, except when kids play pranks and push the button and hide…it’s annoying to sit there and wait through a light with nobody crossing. But what is “childhood” without a few ring and run away pranks?

[quote=“sunflowergurl”]What? The lights are out? I haven’t been out and about, but do you think they turn them off when school is on break?

I like them, except when kids play pranks and push the button and hide…it’s annoying to sit there and wait through a light with nobody crossing. But what is “childhood” without a few ring and run away pranks?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that’s why they aren’t on.

those lights are a waste of money . woulda been better to tell the kids to cross under the bridge 200 meters away its safer and cheaper

Yeah, it’s very easy to tell thrill seeking 16 year olds to take 5 - 10 extra minutes to their normal commute time.

/sarcasm

So you must be one of the drivers that doesn’t stop for pedestrians at this cross walk. I am glad they have lights there so some of these people have a chance to safely cross this busy road that drivers speed on.

Just safer to go under the bridge but its rupert lets spend money where its not needed. I know the highways most likely paid for this light but its a waste of money

Again, too easy for you to say.

Yes I said that

Tell me, how are you going to convince people to take the underpass instead of that crosswalk?

Hard to teach common sense to people in this town . My kids will know its safer to cross under the bridge than a busy highway. Dont think I can teach everyones kid safety tho . But its just my opinion everyone else can let their kids cross there.

OR… just teach them how to cross that damn crosswalk properly and safely.

You call McBride “busy”? lol. There are far worse crossings than that. At least it has lights, who would dare to run red anyway?

BTW, eliminating hazards IS NOT a waste of money.

The light was paid for by the Highway.

And it makes sense to use the underpass if you are heading to 11th, but kids and pedestrians going the other direction will take the crosswalk. it’s out of the way to go under the bridge.

Quite a few years back it was an elderly lady that got hit on that crosswalk, not a kid. Others were stopped but one car did not see her and plowed right into her…so it’s not just kids.

Has anyone noticed that those lights have been switched off for about a week now?

Im guessing off because of spring break since it was intended for students

They were on flashing again when I drove by around 6:30 pm.

With the 4 recent random attacks in the city (close to the McDonalds/PRB area of the city)…I don’t blame people for wanting to use the street level crossing instead of the underpass.

[quote=“bthedog”]

With the 4 recent random attacks in the city (close to the McDonalds/PRB area of the city)…I don’t blame people for wanting to use the street level crossing instead of the underpass.[/quote]

Good point!