McBride getting traffic lights

Last week was walking across on Mcbride & 2nd the light there did not change. When I walked up past Rupert Cleaners it still had not changed. Up on 5th it still had not changed for them lol. So must of been over 2 minutes easy sitting there.

happened again this afternoon…was waiting(car# 3in line) to cross over McBride at 3rd Ave. and the light changed to orange for the McBride St. traffic to stop. Unfortunately, the light did not change for the 3rd Ave traffic to proceed. Light immediately went to green for the McBride traffic again. At least a pedestrian pushed the walk button to cross over McBride, so we finally got a turn! Otherwise, I might still be sitting there… not able to grouse about the stupid light at McBride and 3rd on hackingthemainframe! (And there were about 7 cars lined up on 3rd Ave East waiting at the light)

I know that the light is malfunctioning, more often than not during late hours. As such, I will sit there for a “reasonable” amount of time, in the left lane with my left indicator deployed. When I feel the “reasonable” amount of time has elapsed, I treat the defunct intersection as a four-way stop. No cars coming from any direction, and I proceed through the red light and make my left hand turn onto McBride. I’m confident that should a police cruiser be parked off in the distance watching for stop sign runners over on 2nd, I wouldn’t even get a warning. Just sayin.

lol

Holy crap! That guy is a horrible driver.

+1, can’t be that much more expensive to make an overhead walkway…

[quote=“rupzuk”]

+1, can’t be that much more expensive to make an overhead walkway…[/quote]

You guys can’t be serious? This one cost Kelowna 2.5M and they don’t use it.

kelowna.com/2010/03/01/city- … -contract/

You really think your going to get the kids of today to walk over it? They can’t even go through the tunnel to go to Mc D’s. They all have to play dodge the traffic on the bridge.

I say put the light there and crank the speed limit to 60 km/h as well.

A demand crosswalk is all that is needed here so traffic is not coming to a halt with no one using the crosswalk!

[quote=“katray”]

+1, can’t be that much more expensive to make an overhead walkway…

You guys can’t be serious? This one cost Kelowna 2.5M and they don’t use it.

kelowna.com/2010/03/01/city- … -contract/

You really think your going to get the kids of today to walk over it? They can’t even go through the tunnel to go to Mc D’s. They all have to play dodge the traffic on the bridge.

I say put the light there and crank the speed limit to 60 km/h as well.[/quote]

I say save the cash … its called natural selection !

Summer is nearing an end I am sure, so they must have put the lights next to Canpotex and the new A&W.

Delayed until mid-December.

thenorthernview.com/news/231590121.html

What A&W are you talking about ??

wow lots of fender benders coming down the hill in the winter months…

they have been talking about a light there for years… when??

Slow Down

[quote=“Speedy”]

What A&W are you talking about ??[/quote]

Was being sarcastic. Just a list of things that was supposed to have happened (opened) this summer that never materialized.

your right slow down its not me im worried about its the other drivers…lol

[quote=“chookie”]

What A&W are you talking about ??
Was being sarcastic. Just a list of things that was supposed to have happened (opened) this summer that never materialized.[/quote]

Even tho A&W and Canpotex are off topic…I’ll put my 2 cents in and say Canpotex is probably never coming, since the Russians undercut the price of potash.

Not to mention jams with big trucks losing their momentum trying to get up the hill.