Mackenzie Countrywide store

Maybe you are hanging out with the people who are unemployed because I don’t know one person in this town personally who is unemployed and there is a TON of people I know who have gotten full-time jobs with the Port/Ridley or spin-off jobs like trucking/CN ect making very good money. Most of these people were unemployed before or worked low-end jobs, so I certainly have seen their situations improve 100%.

Also sure many will be out of work when Zellers and Fields close, but what about everything that will be opening? Wal-Mart surely will hire as much or even more employees than Zellers had, Dollarama which will be larger than Fields, surely will be hiring many people and no doubt Shoppers will be hiring more people when their store quadruples (or more) in size when they open in their new location.

None of what the port has done is anything close to a pipe dream…take that port away and Prince Rupert looks a HELL of a lot worse than it does now…that Port has really saved this town from total oblivion.

Maybe you have not reaped any benefits (yet) but MANY others have, so I think it is totally inaccruate to imply that nothing positive is happening in our community and downtown.

Sure some businesses have closed, but there has also been a number of new business pop up which no one ever fails to mention (Oceanside Sports, Liquor Warehouse, Pho 88 Restaurant, Meat Market, Seahorse Trading Company, Seasport Clothing, Big Fish, Dave’s Oyster Bar, PR Mini Storage, Kidz Quest, French Onion Cafe (opening soon), Fairview Management Cafe (opening soon), Shoppers Drug Mart expansion (opening soon) )

Its always doom and gloom on here…whenever a shop closes down it is on this site almost as soon as it happen, yet when a new venture comes in, there is hardly a mention.

Yes definately Walmart will be employing way more people than Zellers,
Walmart is open even at night for the night workers who fill up the
shelves with product. And than don’t forget they are open 24 hours
during the month of December. This will make a great
difference for people in Rupert. Any promises that come from the
town are not to be taken seriously, because they keep lieing or changing
their minds about what is going to happen to Rupert.

Bring IKEA to Rupert, solves most of Rupert’s unemployment problems. Hoards of the BC North will flock to Rupert.

[size=60]Yeah I know, I’m bullshiting… but could be possible. Right?[/size]

I think some are missing one key element to their thinking about the new and old businesses in this city. I’ll call it the Mall Factor. The Rupert Square becoming the home of wallmart and shoppers and who knows what else in the near future is literally a clearly positive step for all of Rupert and all businesses.

Rupert Square Mall has the potential to become the mecha of shopping it once was. Interior shopping shielded from the rain and decent parking. Foot traffic and eateries and large franchises. This is a great step for Rupert Square Mall. One which I know was not an easy sell. A very big accomplishment and hopefully a very positive step forward for consumers in Prince Rupert.

Yeah an IKEA would be great as well. I love IKEA.

Am I misremembering, or wasn’t there a Brick or something similar under the Credit Union a few years ago?

United Furniture was bought by The Brick, and suppose to re-brand all of the stores in Canada.

That was United Buy & Sell, I believe.

[quote=“Hoser”]

That was United Buy & Sell, I believe.[/quote]

It was… I just mentioned that a few minutes ago. =.=

[quote=“PLA”]Bring IKEA to Rupert, solves most of Rupert’s unemployment problems. Hoards of the BC North will flock to Rupert.

[size=60]Yeah I know, I’m bullshiting… but could be possible. Right?[/size][/quote]

Ikea is decent. I’m trying not to fall off the chair laughing at people claiming WalMart’s an “improvement”.
They sell shit. Every fucking thing they carry is shit. From really bad food to crappy clothes and furniture. The Ikea stuff came with a wrench, a couple extra screws and everything fit perfectly. The $21 plastic office chairs have outlasted the $100 ones from Staples. The WalMart coffee table? Fuck they didn’t even drill the guide holes in the 4th leg. The screw sticks right out of the end table. The $10 2XL shirt wouldn’t fit a Grade9 and now it’s washed would make a good tea towel.
The $9 runners were exactly as good as Zellers. Same brand, same price, same crap. They’re No name stuff? Rice Krispies good to stucco a house maybe. Stay away from the food if they have it. “Rodeo Steaks” yeah tenderize them with your studded Blizzaks first.

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]

[quote=“PLA”]Bring IKEA to Rupert, solves most of Rupert’s unemployment problems. Hoards of the BC North will flock to Rupert.

[size=60]Yeah I know, I’m bullshiting… but could be possible. Right?[/size][/quote]

Ikea is decent. I’m trying not to fall off the chair laughing at people claiming WalMart’s an “improvement”.
They sell shit. Every fucking thing they carry is shit. From really bad food to crappy clothes and furniture. The Ikea stuff came with a wrench, a couple extra screws and everything fit perfectly. The $21 plastic office chairs have outlasted the $100 ones from Staples. The WalMart coffee table? Fuck they didn’t even drill the guide holes in the 4th leg. The screw sticks right out of the end table. The $10 2XL shirt wouldn’t fit a Grade9 and now it’s washed would make a good tea towel.
The $9 runners were exactly as good as Zellers. Same brand, same price, same crap. They’re No name stuff? Rice Krispies good to stucco a house maybe. Stay away from the food if they have it. “Rodeo Steaks” yeah tenderize them with your studded Blizzaks first.[/quote]

Walmart may be lowend, but it is certainly an improvement over Zellers.

Heard thru grapevine that The Brick store will be coming to Prince Rupert
in the near future, anyone else heard of this news?? Maybe even
Mackenzie finally taking their franchise.

The Brick is overrated… they haven’t changed their product in YEARS, they sell the same stock they did 5+ years ago.

LOL @ speculation.

I wonder how many people ACTUALLY know, 100%, what is going into mackenzies…

hehe

Rather a Brick than another empty building

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]LOL @ speculation.

I wonder how many people ACTUALLY know, 100%, what is going into mackenzies…

hehe[/quote]

Why is it so funny? Of course people are going to speculate since Mackenzie’s itself is advertising with a huge banner on their building that they are “Changing Franchises”…

Naturally the other funiture franchises are gonna be thrown around as possible replacement.

[quote=“waytonorth”]Heard thru grapevine that The Brick store will be coming to Prince Rupert
in the near future, anyone else heard of this news?? Maybe even
Mackenzie finally taking their franchise.[/quote]

Was in there today on their final everything has to go by today sale. Sure lots of stuff left and prices are no different than anywhere else in town really. Most stuff is standard 20-30% off.
Asked the salesman if it was going to be a Brick franchise and he said No it was not and that they would be announcing who it will be in a couple of weeks.
Don’t do a lot of furniture shopping out of town so in a dream world what would be the best place to come that has mid range furniture?

New store sign says brandsource brandsource.ca/

Nice…better than the Brick!

Same owners - it will still be over-priced and poor service.

Gotta keep that name MacKenzie in there. why ???