Mackenzie Countrywide store

Does anyone know what is happening to Countrywide Furniture store, they keep advertising that
they have a big sale on, because they want to get rid of old stock, and the building will
have a new look and a new name?

[quote=“waytonorth”]Does anyone know what is happening to Countrywide Furniture store, they keep advertising that
they have a big sale on, because they want to get rid of old stock, and the building will
have a new look and a new name?[/quote]

They are apparently changing franchises…from Countrywide to something else (not sure what franchise they are picking up)

I have heard they might take over The Brick franchise, I don’t know
how true that is, but it would be great for Rupert to have a Brick.

[quote=“waytonorth”]I have heard they might take over The Brick franchise, I don’t know
how true that is, but it would be great for Rupert to have a Brick.[/quote]

But nothing will change until management changes. The name is irrelevant.

thought the brick was closing stores not opening them. but if i was that curious i would walk in the store and ask them lol

The Brick has already closed their store in Quesnel but I heard thru grapevine, that The Brick tried to get Mackenzie Countrywide to switch their franchise to The Brick, but the management declined, this was a couple of years ago. But The Brick is trying very hard to get into Rupert. If Countrywide changes franchise to The Brick, they will have to change the way the store will be run, it will run according to the way The Brick wants it to.

Well they are advertising right on their building that they are “changing franchises”…so it is a good guess that it could be THE BRICK.

It won’t be City Furniture obviously…whatelse is there? Leon’s? Lazy Boy Gallery?

[quote=“bthedog”]Well they are advertising right on their building that they are “changing franchises”…so it is a good guess that it could be THE BRICK.

It won’t be City Furniture obviously…whatelse is there? Leon’s? Lazy Boy Gallery?[/quote]

It won’t be Lazy Boy Gallery, because they only keep furniture and no appilances and
electronics, I am sure the owners of Countrywide want appilances and electronics.
And for Leons it is possible, but The Brick is what it most likely will be.

^Countrywide is the name of the franchise. Mackenzie’s owns the store/building, but Countrywide is from the franchising, so I guess now it will be Mackenzie’s The Brick?

The Brick has some wicked furniture. Can’t wait.

Why would the Brick come here, when there’s a huge store in Terrace. Mackenzie’s store isn’t that big. If it is the Brick then they won’t have the inventory of most of there stores and will have to order it in. Most big box type retail want big spaces. Our new Mini Walmart won’t stop people from going to Terrace, can’t imagine them having a garden center or an automotive section.

Why would The Brick come here? Why not? It instantly provides them with access to the 15,000 people in the Prince Rupert/Port Ed/Port Simpson area and connects them to everyone living on the Queen Charlottes who use Prince Rupert as their main service centre. This city has HUGE potential and I am glad these franchises are finally taking notice.

Mackenzie’s is pretty big when you factor in both floors, so I am not concerned in the least. And the Terrace store is not that big, it is WAY smaller than the one in PG and other major cities. Sure it will be bigger than the one in Prince Rupert, but not by much.

The good thing is with these franchises opening up here, we will have access to their collective supply chains…something at Walmart you want, the store can bring it in for you from another store, often within a day or two…the same with The Brick…we essentially have access to every item that you could find in a bigger store.

It would be nice if we could get some stores that aren’t available in Terrace. Same with eating establishments. Its nice to be able to have more variety.

Beggars can’t be choosers I guess…ill take what we can get.

Well I guess City Furniture in Rupert, will have to lower his prices, he seems to be
selling everything so expensive, you go to City Furniture in Terrace, the owners
there have very reasonable prices.
It will be big competition for City Furniture in Rupert, maybe he will become
more reasonable with his prices now.

[quote=“bthedog”]

Why would The Brick come here? Why not? It instantly provides them with access to the 15,000 people in the Prince Rupert/Port Ed/Port Simpson area and connects them to everyone living on the Queen Charlottes who use Prince Rupert as their main service centre. This city has HUGE potential and I am glad these franchises are finally taking notice.

Mackenzie’s is pretty big when you factor in both floors, so I am not concerned in the least. And the Terrace store is not that big, it is WAY smaller than the one in PG and other major cities. Sure it will be bigger than the one in Prince Rupert, but not by much.

The good thing is with these franchises opening up here, we will have access to their collective supply chains…something at Walmart you want, the store can bring it in for you from another store, often within a day or two…the same with The Brick…we essentially have access to every item that you could find in a bigger store.[/quote]

Same reaon there is a Canadian Tire in Smithers and Terrace. Would not surprise me in the least if Canadian Tire revisits the idea of coming here. Walmart pretty much setting the course for the other companies. If it is true and we do get an A&W and possibly a Brick and having a Walmart almost all my shopping will be done here, and I would guess most people would be the same, Canadian Tire is sure to know this as well.

I laugh when I read your posts about “big franchise” stores coming here and how great it is. We are losing Zellers and Fields, both franchise stores and regaining, NOT gaining another. Rumour has it that the Dollar Store may soon be gone and we will have a Dollarama, no gain there and now everyone is on the rumour mill about the furniture store. As Graciesmom posted, would be nice to have something different not just replaced with the same. Who cares anymore, everyone still goes to terrace and PG anyway.

I’m not complaining about getting a Brick or Walmart I think it’s great to get new stores especially franchise type business. It just would be nice to be able to have businesses different than Terrace, so we can draw shoppers from there here.

Well the bottom line is this , when something closes or shuts down people are out of work . With Zellers closing there will be many out of work and no matter how we look at the service provided and the messy isles , that makes for many unemployed . Not counting dollar store , Fields and what is next ? Yeah Big Don keep shooting the shit about his (the port ) and all the imports and exports happening , lots of people were lucky to be hired and to get on the board re steady work but what has it really done for our economy seriously ? The handing out of tickets or whatever a few weeks ago was in reality a farce , maybe if your family it may have been lucky . We need something more positive happening in our community and downtown work situation . Promises and pipe dreams don’t cut it for many of us , believe me .

Why do you laugh? Wal-Mart IS a big franchise, much bigger than Zellers…Dollarama is the biggest dollar store in Canada, much bigger than Fields.

Everything that is happening is IMO a HUGE imporvement:

Walmart HUGE IMPROVEMENT over Zellers
Dollarama HUGE IMPROVEMENT over Fields/Your Dollar Store
New Shoppers Drug Mart HUGE IMPROVEMENT over Old Shoppers Drug Mart

Even if these are essentially replacing something else, these are still improvements to Prince Rupert’s shopping scene.

Also these franchises often attract others…no one wants to locate next to a freaking Fields or Zellers, but many want to be next or near a Wal-Mart.