Look who’s coming back to town!

A name from Prince Rupert’s recent tumultuous past is about to re-emerge on the Podunkian scene, with the announcement that Dan Veniez has been named as the chair of Ridley Terminals Incorporated…

( from  the blog a town called podunk,  click on the link below to see the entire article  atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 9845807239) –

Proof that the legendary “Old Boys Clubs” are still thriving. 

Good Grief :  I see labour / management relations going seriously down hill at Ridley
He is a most disliked man in the region.  He hates unions …  This is a man that no one wanted to see back in town… 

Its not April Fools Day…is it? :neutral_face:

wow how sad is that…

Unbelievable!  Someone actually picked him out of the corporate scrap heap, dusted him off, and then offered him a job?
Wow.

I thought he was dead

You might be thinking of George Petty, he was the owner of the mill before Veniez became the front guy for the corporate gang that tried to turn it into New Skeena…

Oh not so surprising I think, it was part of some kind of Christmas comes early session by the Conservatives who flooded the boards and such with all sorts of hangers on and backroom assistants, on Friday…

theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ … ional/home

I particularly like his affiliation with the days of Mulroney, now there’s a ghost that you just can’t exorcise away.

Perhaps his ace card was this little letter to the editor he wrote to the globe and mail back in 2005, make note of the fourth last paragraph, and keep in mind Cannon is a Quebec minister and was in the forefront of the national unity files back in the day…

theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ … iel+Veniez

I kind of get a chuckle out him blasting the Liberals for their financial decisions, when well, how’s that pulp mill coming along anyways?

All that being said, you have to think that the Conservatives must figure that they have no hope in hell of winning this riding, otherwise why would they put such a controversial figure in charge of one of the regions more important employers.

So much drama, so much fun! 

Wow, this horrible man sure getting lots of coal for Christmas.

I’ll tell you why, well I’ll take a guess anyways, coal aint being so good for some time, they brought him here to gut it, you watch. I suspect  your right about them having no hope to win this riding, so they do the next best thing from their perspective and I would also bet they hired dan three years ago, we are just hearing about it now. I sent him an email a few years back telling him I had some cock for him to suck on his way out of town and he actually replied to it, was quite funny. He called me a “little man” and said he could have me crushed along with a bunch of other slams, lol. I wish I had kept it, you would have had a good laugh, at the time I did send it to a friend of mine at citytel and he was shocked to see it actually did come from veniez’s email account, that he would actually bite, hillarious.

Let’s hope that he reads this thread and has the same reaction that Celine Dion and her husband René had about refusing to go to Halifax :smiley:

newswire.ca/en/releases/arch … c9020.html

[quote]“His public policy and business insight will be
invaluable to the company.”[/quote]

I find this hilarious. Though I am sure a few did make a tonne of money off the mill dying out.  What a joke.

http://www.oomsa.com/files/admin/failure.jpg

Very funny dear leader, yes his stocking will by plenty full on the big day!

So what happened to Mike Tarr, since he is currently the Chair of Ridley Terminals…

Must have been a Liberal…

Actually the Ridley website has had the chairman’s and CEO position listed as vacant for a while now…

rti.ca/Contacts.htm

[quote=“ChrisJ”]
I’ll tell you why, well I’ll take a guess anyways, coal aint being so good for some time, they brought him here to gut it, you watch. I suspect  your right about them having no hope to win this riding, so they do the next best thing from their perspective [/quote]

This is my thinking also…

Place yer bets - with the next RTI sale go on the block before or after the New Year?

Veniez played this town like a $2.00 fiddle. He promised everything ,delivered nothing.
He also very ably polarized this town, he played the chamber of commerce and  their cheerleaders against those greedy pulp mill workers.
Cries of “go back to work my business is failing because you are not buying my widgets’and
"Take a pay cut so you have a paycheque and I can sell you widgets you don’t need” where the mantra of the day.

Well Prince Rupert has a dark spot on it’s past and Dan Veniez brought Prince Rupert to a new low.
Are you mad because you got sucked in with his BS and are embarrased by being one of his many chearleaders who where looking to line their own pockets.
Many didn’t and myself I am laughing at the high dudgeon the mention of his name causes.