Like a crab in a tall pot, SPCA finds itself in hot water!

I’m sorry but thats a bullshit response :wink: I have no choice in the matter, if I dont eat meat I become weak and febile. Sure SOME humans may be able to survive off vegitables but try supporting a 240 pound body off fucking vegitables. I’d end up killing just as many animals by eating all their damn food.

I doubt he’ll be able to cook up a bullshit come back to that…  :smiley:

I’m with Illywhacker. If I wasn’t supposed to eat animals, then PrimeRib would taste like turnips.
I’ll take a feast of crab over a Buddha’s Feast anyday. I’ll take it over a plate of lobster, too!

[quote]
Threats lead to Crab Feast cancellation

By Shaun Thomas
The Northern View
Aug 23 2006

Plans for the second annual Crab Feast fundraiser for the Prince Rupert SPCA were cancelled last week following numerous complaints and protests about the event, including a threat to blow up the facility.

The plan was to hold the live crab boiling feast in Mariner’s Park on August 27, with crab donated by the Prince Rupert Crabber’s Association, to help raise money for the care and housing of the animals in the shelter.

However the plan caught the attention of Paul Waton, President of the animal rights group known as the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, who sent out e-mails to other members of the group calling on them to put pressure on the SPCA to cancel the event. Following a huge number of e-mails and phone calls, the SPCA did just that.

“The volunteers had organized the event and on Monday animal rights activists started a campaign against the event and a message was sent out over the Internet to call or e-mail the shelter to protest the event. We felt with so much opposition and the fact that we were starting to get some, quite frankly, scary opposition, that it would be in the best interest of the volunteers and the shelter to cancel the event,” said SPCA Community Relations Manager Lorie Chortyk, noting that most of the protests came from outside of B.C

“We are a society concerned with animal welfare. If there is any doubt about our concern for animals we would rather air on the side of caution,” she added.

On Wednesday the shelter received a call threatening to blow up the facility should the event proceed, and that threat has gotten the Prince Rupert RCMP involved as they search out the person who made the call.

“All threats are serious, and this wasn’t a threat that there was already a bomb in the building but rather that there will be consequences if the event wasn’t cancelled. That is quite a serious threat and we are investigating it to the best of our ability,” said Inspector Ray Noble, who noted that details of the call were still being worked out .

“It is unfortunate that this type of threat is associated with this type of event. Certainly it is up the society to determine, based on public feedback, if an event is right for them, but going to the extent of a bomb threat is well outside of lawful and appropriate means of protest.”

The SPCA had hoped to raise more than $3,000 from the event, and Chortyk said she hopes the community will support the society once a new event is organized.

Anyone with information on the bomb threat is asked to contact the RCMP at 627-2136. [/quote]

Another one:

[quote]Activists want SPCA to stop serving meat at fundraisers

CanWest News Service; Vancouver Sun
Published: Wednesday, August 23, 2006

VANCOUVER - Energized by their success in Prince Rupert last week,
where they convinced the local SPCA to cancel a fundraising event
that involved boiling live crabs, animal rights activists now want
the B.C. SPCA to ban the serving of meat at their fundraisers.

"This is prime time to ask the SPCA to revisit their own policies to
do with fundraisers, and to roll out a new policy that would work
towards events that would not involve the killing of animals,’’ said
Sinikka Crosland, president of the Responsible Animal Care Society,
an Okanagan-based animal-protection group.

Crosland, who was instrumental in the campaign against the Prince
Rupert crab cookoff, said it was hypocritical of the SPCA to serve
meat at fundraisers.

"The SPCA does a lot of good work,’’ she said. "However, I think they
need to go beyond that. This is not just about dogs and cats; it’s
about factory farmed animals, too.’’

The Canadian Voice for Animals has posted an online petition
demanding an end to all SPCA fundraising events that involve the
serving and consuming of meat.

Craig Naherniak, general manager of humane education for the B.C.
SPCA, said vegetarian choices are often available at SPCA fundraising
events, and that branches "are moving in that direction.’’

However, he said it was not B.C. SPCA policy to force branches to
discontinue cooking and serving meat. That was a matter for
individual branches to decide on their own.

Vancouver Sun

[/quote]

I see a nazi reference, you know what this means?

[quote=“jesus”]
But to get back to the original argument. What part of PREVENTION
OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS are you not getting? I have asked you this
before but you have chosen to ignore me. We were opposing the blatant
hypocrisy of an organization claiming to prevent cruelty while at the
same time inflicting cruelty. If you want to be a callous and cruel
individual by boiling a crab alive, that is your choice. However the
SPCA should know better. This was not about you eating crabs or not
eating crabs it was about the SPCA violating one of their primary
objective which is to prevent cruelty to animals.[/quote]

This is very interesting. Crabs belong to the family phylum arthropods, which happens to be one of the largest families of animals on earth…and for that matter, one of the most successful. This same family of animals also includes ticks, spiders, and insects. Not surprisingly the dog flea is also a member of this “animal” family. Using Watson’s logic (whatever that means) the SPCA could not and should not clean a dog or cat infested with fleas. As that would be cruel to the flea.  However, to not clean the infected dog or cat seems to be more cruel. Very strange!!

Well,

Unfortunately he is only interested in protecting sea creatures, unless of course it suits his argument best to be in support of all animals. The guy is a grade A douchebag.

I guess he’s given up and gone back to dropping acid or whatever old burnt out hippies do.

I guess it was fun while it lasted, ok not really but it truly does prove what a retard he is.

I realise my emails were also retarded but that was sorta the point.  I guess he thinks by using words like carrion I wont know what hes talking about when in fact he is too retarded to tell the difference between fresh crab and decaying fish.

Ah well i guess once you drink the kool-aid theres no going back you might as well follow through and cut your balls off and kill yourself so you can hop on that spaceship.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven’s_Gate_(cult

incase you didnt know what i was talking about.

Yawn

Lay off the old hippy shit. Not all of us burn out :smiley:

Glad to hear that there is another old Hippy out there on HTMF. I have been feeling alone but I am saved bla bla bla, Amazing Grace .

I think he got you jesus :astonished:.

You blame him for sticking to his rhetoric but he is only stating why he thinks there was hypocrisy in the SPCA crab boil from his point of view.  We may not agree with him but he got the result he wanted.  I see a lot of ad hominem in your arguments right from the start. 
The ramming of whaling ships might seem like a terrorist act to many but to him, it’s a response to some countries disagreement with moratoriums on whaling.  In keeping with his view of life, he sees himself as a defender of marine life.  He might be wacko but he must also get support from a lot of people because he still runs his operation.

Give up buddy.

It’s not just whaling ships he has rammed.  Normal everyday fishing ships as well, even ones with perfectly legal permits, doing perfectly legal fishing.  He’s even rammed Coast Guard ships.  That’s the definition of a criminal to me – doing something illegal to stop somebody from doing something legal.

His “blockade” of St. John’s is textbook “terrorism” in my opinion.  He basically threatened to sink the first vessel that left the harbour.  You’ll note that Paul Watson likes to take credit for inventing ‘tree spiking’.

If you define terrorism as “the unlawful use of – or threatened use of – force or violence against individuals or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives” then Paul Watson is a terrorist.  He does use illegal force, and he constantly threatens it, on property and individuals to achieve his ideological objectives (namely, fundraising).

Paul Watson has repeatedly stated that he believes his organization has the moral obligation and right to use force to enforce his views. 

Finally, Mr. Watson himself has admitted his activities amount to terrorism, but really, he doesn’t care.  He’s God, and he doesn’t care about such civilized things as human laws.  He’s admitted he doesn’t give a shit about humans – “a traitor to my own species” is how he describes himself.

Here’s something for you to google:  google.ca/search?q=%22There’ … ou+win.%22

So there’s no debate that he considers himself a terrorist, and that his actions have often fit the terrorism definition very well.

The real question is why we treat this terrorist differently than others?

Actually mig, you should read the emails he now denys being a terrorist. I guess thats not a good word to associate yourself with anymore. I was attacking him but it was all in the name of fun. Anyone who takes that kind of shit seriously is a wacko anyway and nobody will ever change their mind. Might as well poke fun at them rather than argue.

Animal causes are fine, but one should be able to distinguish between a German Shepherd and a Norwegian Wharf Rat, between a whale and a crustacean.
The concept of “rights” and “equality” only applies to homo sapiens, not codfish… if only some people could distinguish that difference.