Let me format your mom

Computer going down for first format in a year or so. Can’t even remember what a fresh windows install feels like. But I bet it feels good. Like saltwater taffee, or a chunky.

Chunky Stew, mm…

I reformatted about 2 weeks before Christmas and that was the only time I ever had. I forget how long I had my computer, though.

So I finished getting all of my favourite music back on, particularly every Sabbath CD with Ozzy and then I got a new computer for Christmas… that has the same hardrive… that was reformatted again.

Oh well.

Ive been lucky, so far. I don’t let people touch my computer unless they know what they are doing, otherwise one little click and my computer would/could need some serious help. My parents computer, on the other hand is always a disaster from the little munchkins going wild on it. I think that thing was reformatted atleast 10 times last year.
So I sit here and cross my fingers hoping my welfare windows will behave. Just as long as I don’t let any dirty fingers touch the mouse, Ill be fine …oo ( hopefully)

What’s a reformat?

It’s a grueling renewal process which is usually specific to Windows-based PC’s.

Yuo canuse format on a mac too. Right when you put in a new hard drive because that is about the only time you will need to use it : O )

haha, ya i haven’t had to touch my mac since I installed panther like a year and some ago maybe even longer, I reformat my PC like every few months

[quote=“t-bone”]
particularly every Sabbath CD with Ozzy.[/quote]

Dude… Ozzy was Sabbath! lol its not like Black Sabbath was “Black Sabbath Feat Ozzy” lol!

I’m the only one that touches this machine, unless someone else is fixing it for me, as a couple of you know. It seems to need a new format every year or so, but lately I can’t even begin to think about backing stuff up or deleting any of it. I should just buy a new, and bigger hard drive every time I reformat. Yeeeeeah, that’s the ticket.

[quote=“timbits”]

[quote=“t-bone”]
particularly every Sabbath CD with Ozzy.[/quote]

Dude… Ozzy was Sabbath! lol its not like Black Sabbath was “Black Sabbath Feat Ozzy” lol![/quote]

Yeah, but Ozzy also left Sabbath. That’s when they got the second vocalist. I only own the Black Sabbath cd’s that had Ozzy.

Actually he was fired in 1979. and rejoined back in the 90’s… :stuck_out_tongue:

but sabbath was nothing with out Ozzy… Iommi was a god thou :stuck_out_tongue:

Fired, left, couldn’t walk to jam sessions because excessive weird-substance-binges. Heh, whatever.

I still don’t own any Black Sabbath albums where Ozzy isn’t the vocalist.

no just buy a dvd-r burner and backup every few days or weeks if you have that much data. I have on dvd-r for my email 1.9 gigs of email and the rest is my pictures and document’s… i dont download tunes so i don’t have to back up music.

Smartass wrote:

Partition works for me, how big is your HD? Divide about %30 of your hard drive so you can save your stuff. Partition Magic 7 works fine, just sit back and let your pc work. And remember to defrag first, and defrag after. The format. :smiley:

um defrag first before a format that makes no sence. your formating the drive to nothing we not really but no point to defrage a drive before a format.

[quote=“Wild Gotham”]Smartass wrote:

Partition works for me, how big is your HD? Divide about %30 of your hard drive so you can save your stuff. Partition Magic 7 works fine, just sit back and let your pc work. And remember to defrag first, and defrag after. The format. :smiley:[/quote]

Every time I say I’m going to do that… it doesn’t get done. I thought I’d be fine with a 40GB and a 120Gb… hahaha no such luck.

It’s necessary, I believe, if you are going to partition a single physical drive.

Anyhow, that’s exactly what I did. Partition magic to create a 30 gig partition for stuff I want to save, wipe the rest.

Windows is smokin’ on a fresh, clean install. I installed a copy of XP Pro that already had SP2 installed and all that jazz, and I had the Firefox installer on the aforementioned partition, so Internet Explorer has been run on this Windows install exactly once, to run windows update.

[quote=“Wild Gotham”]Smartass wrote:

Partition works for me, how big is your HD? Divide about %30 of your hard drive so you can save your stuff. Partition Magic 7 works fine, just sit back and let your pc work. And remember to defrag first, and defrag after. The format. :smiley:[/quote]

? why defrag first? and after? that makes no sense after a format there is no data to be fragmented :unamused:

Its more fun when you defragment first.